Fear Clinic

Community Wish Lists for Halo 5 Multiplayer

Nah, Halo 4 had a few strongpoints

- Boltshot is a nice new weapon that isn't a clone (looking at you scattershot). People wouldn't complain about it if it hadn't been in loadouts.

- Mantis is a nice addition, except the other vehicles were so weak that Mantis was OP.

- Covenant Carbine was useful after TU. Strongest it's been so far in Halo series.

- Campaign graphics were amazing.

- Rockets were perfectly balanced for first time.

- AR was finally useful.

Halo 5 isn't coming out this year, The Snazzer.

Are you saying rockets are balanced in general or in the context that you also have iCannon?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, Halo 4 had a few strongpoints

- Boltshot is a nice new weapon that isn't a clone (looking at you scattershot). People wouldn't complain about it if it hadn't been in loadouts.

- Mantis is a nice addition, except the other vehicles were so weak that Mantis was OP.

- Covenant Carbine was useful after TU. Strongest it's been so far in Halo series.

- Campaign graphics were amazing.

- Rockets were perfectly balanced for first time.

- AR was finally useful.

Halo 5 isn't coming out this year, The Snazzer.

These aren't strong points honestly and most of them are wrong.

-Mauler>Boltshot

-Mantis was not a good addition this thing absolutely ruined vehicle combat and it really doesn't have a place in the sandbox nor was it necessary I hope it never returns.

-H2 Carbine>H3 Beta Carbine>H4 Carbine

-All give you that one

-Rockets were always balanced.

-A weapon that takes no skill being OP is not a good thing, the H3 AR was the most balanced version of it the AR because it actually had a range limit and wasn't accurate out of close range while the H4 one can operate well out of close range when it's not supposed too be.

These aren't strong points honestly and most of them are wrong.

-Mauler>Boltshot

-Mantis was not a good addition this thing absolutely ruined vehicle combat and it really doesn't have a place in the sandbox nor was it necessary I hope it never returns.

-H2 Carbine>H3 Beta Carbine>H4 Carbine

-All give you that one

-Rockets were always balanced.

-A weapon that takes no skill being OP is not a good thing, the H3 AR was the most balanced version of it the AR because it actually had a range limit and wasn't accurate out of close range while the H4 one can operate well out of close range when it's not supposed too be.

Nah :D

Mauler is just a less powerful shotgun. Boltshot mixed PP & shotgun, plus headshot capability.

Mantis would have been fine if not for paper thin warthogs & ghosts.

In Halo 4, the CC actually competes with BR, as it has a similar kill time. In Halo 2, the CC was completely outclassed by BR.

H4 graphics surpassed other campaigns. 

H1 rockets had too much splash damage, H2 rockets locked on way too easily, H3 rockets were too weak. Halo 4 has decent damage, and skilled lock-on.

H4 AR had more skill, as it was finally more effective to burst fire at certain ranges.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the BR sounds like a bunch of dimes getting shook around in a can of pringles again im going to snap

• Upvote (+1) 9

• Halo 2/3 Movement Mechanics
  • Descope
  • No Sprint
  • League/Division Play
  • Every gamemode is 2 Loadout options (BR + Pistol or AR + Pistol)
  • All Armour Abilities, weapons, and powerups are on map
  • NO PLASMA GRENADES ON SPAWN
  • Powerup Orbs return, adding Speed Boost (Blue) and Damage Boost (Red), OS becomes Green, Camo becomes White
  • No Random or Personal Ordnance (I can bear with Respawning Initial)
  • 14+ Maps, no niche maps. ONLY 1-3 are designed for 12+ players
  • New Weapons
  • New Gametypes
  • CTF Fixed (Press X to Pickup at the very least)
  • Classic Oddball
  • KoTH fix
  • Dominion balanced
  • Vehicles HEALTH BUFF
  • FFA, Doubles, Snipers, and SWAT at launch
  • Social Slayer at 5v5, Team Objective at 4v4 with mixed gametypes
  • Veto System returns.
  • Grenade Launcher, Sticky Det, Railgun (fixed), Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, and Pulse Nade return (at the very least)
  • Forerunner Vehicle(s)
  • The BR and Sniper are supposed to be Black. Take a can of spray paint and make it literally midnight black idc just dont make it grey.

My top picks:

• No Sprint
  • Veto System
  • 14+ Maps
  • 2 Loadouts for all gamemodes
  • AAs on map
  • Vehicle HP Buff
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I just want a matchmaking system like that of Halo 3, a social playlist for the people just playing for fun, and a ranked for the competitive people. The social playlists would have ordinance and everything like in Halo 4, and the ranked would just be the basics.

I agree with all of this except sprint. Cosmetic weapon customization would be cool as heck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The halo coming out this year is already finished.

This thread is for Halo 5, which comes out 2015. Which is next year. 

I just want a matchmaking system like that of Halo 3, a social playlist for the people just playing for fun, and a ranked for the competitive people. The social playlists would have ordinance and everything like in Halo 4, and the ranked would just be the basics.

No. Universal settings are key to the Halo experience and there will be no transitional phase for casual players going to competitive and vice versa. You didn't see fragmented settings like that in the other Halos.

This is huge

Veto system helps population stability by heaping amounts.

As an example, if I go back and play Halo 3 Team Slayer and there was a voting system, I'd play 5 games of The Pit and get bored. Whereas I am forced to play varied gametypes I can still attempt to have fun while searching for my favorite maps.

I agree with all of this except sprint. Cosmetic weapon customization would be cool as heck.

For all those talking about weapon customization, it would only work in a loadout multiplayer setting, and we don't want to promote that.

Armor DLC. Armor DLC. Armor Skins. Armor DLC. Make it happen.

there's only 1 thing I REALLY want to see in Halo 5.... and that's a setting or button in the options menu that turns all the gimmicky crap off (sprint, bloom, descope, flag pistol and auto pickup, etc.....)

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. Universal settings are key to the Halo experience and there will be no transitional phase for casual players going to competitive and vice versa. You didn't see fragmented settings like that in the other Halos.

True, but when people don't like something to the extent of ordinance, the only option is to take it out (which a lot of people wouldn't like), keep it in, (which a lot of people wouldn't like), or do that. I see your point, though, and as such, I doubt it would happen. They'll probably just make some kind of playlist in which ordinance is disabled, like Slayer Pro, Proving Ground, etc.

As an example, if I go back and play Halo 3 Team Slayer and there was a voting system, I'd play 5 games of The Pit and get bored. Whereas I am forced to play varied gametypes I can still attempt to have fun while searching for my favorite maps.

For all those talking about weapon customization, it would only work in a loadout multiplayer setting, and we don't want to promote that.

No it wouldn't. You could go into the Appearance settings and change it and whenever you pickup a weapon or start with that weapon it changes to how you have it customized. Similar to how they did it in GoW 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it wouldn't. You could go into the Appearance settings and change it and whenever you pickup a weapon or start with that weapon it changes to how you have it customized. Similar to how they did it in GoW 3.

Yeah, I did think of this method, but then 343 would have to rework how the weapon files work with the .map files.

It would be extremely complex but if they pull it off it could be a very cool system.

Would be especially easier with my BR and AR loadout idea, as skins for those weapons could be applied much easier.

Pokemon is super different and way more complex IMO than Halo is.

Similar concepts apply though. Some people's Halo ideas are definite no-goes.

Similar concepts apply though. Some people's Halo ideas are definite no-goes.

True, but to some people do and should be listened to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't have to be in a loadout system. same thing as player one having a Mark V helmet on while player two has a CQC helmet on. It looks different but doesn't change the game. When I spawn my BR is always green with a neat little doo-dad scope. When I zoom in, the color of the lens may be ever so slightly reddish instead of the standard blue. But does the gun shoot the same? Yes. Is it still 4SK? Yes. Does it enhance my field of view or give me an advantage over anyone? No.. Well unless being beta as fuck and confident as hell because the bling on my BR is better than player two's BR, an advantage. lol. It can be simple, when I die, the BR I drop to the ground can change back into a standard BR so it's easily recognized as a BR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm fine with the veto system as long as the game doesn't show us the map. load the damn thing for 2 minutes, then the veto option shows up. It was so slow sometimes. 

Instead of writing a list, I want Halo 2 with revision. Seriously, Halo 2's only flaws came from SMG starts and lag (and some minor things but it's fun to horsepoo ratio is far higher than Halo 3/R/4).

Halo 2 worked. Every single person I know who played games loved it (Even my Battlefield 2 loving PC elitist friend!), none of those people like Halo 4.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THIS THREAD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's so much I want to type here it would honestly take ages.

If they have a full black BR then its all good....unless it still sounds like a robot shitting out small balls of metal really fast.