Sign in to follow this  
The General

3v3?

I was just thinking to myself today and a thought popped into my head.  Why hasn't 3v3 ever caught on?  Almost every other variation up to 6v6 and 8v8 has been explored in a playlist at one point or another, except for 3v3.  When you try to search low level MLG Halo 3 now, thats almost all you can find anymore and it doesn't seem to bother anybody, so why has 3v3 then never been popular?

I was just thinking to myself today and a thought popped into my head.  Why hasn't 3v3 ever caught on?  Almost every other variation up to 6v6 and 8v8 has been explored in a playlist at one point or another, except for 3v3.  When you try to search low level MLG Halo 3 now, thats almost all you can find anymore and it doesn't seem to bother anybody, so why has 3v3 then never been popular?

I wouldnt mind 3v3. I think it would be kinda cool to have something different.

I honestly prefer 3v3. I feel like 1v1s in latest games are kind of weak. I'll be honest I suck at doubles, mostly because I can never find a good teammate who listens. Haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

3v3 has a cool mix of the intimacy of doubles, and the coordination of 4's. The trouble is finding good maps to play on without them feeling too big or too crowded.

Not a fan of 3v3 because of the loppsided games when two of you are good and one person sucks against 1 good person and two bad players, or the former and the latter is all three good players. 

2v2 is about map control, weapon control, a high standard of team work and coordination. 3v3 would be a combo of this and some 1v1s...it would be a good change of pace as a new playlist, but 3v3s, for me, just sort of clunky in ways I have a hard time wording.