CyReN

IGN's Top 100 Games of Last Gen [Halo 4 above Halo 3]

And your opinion of Majora's Mask is...?

Pretty damn awesome from what I can remember. Liked the darker theme to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm actually surprised to see Reach not make the list at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Super Mario Galaxy at #1 doe?!  :bravo:

I kind of agree with it. Also think the top 5 is pretty solid.

Pretty damn awesome from what I can remember. Liked the darker theme to it.

TP's atmosphere was felt much darker than Majora's Mask, even if MM sub communicated the end of the world. There was some creepy stuff going on in MM for sure, but Twilight Princess definitely had the darker atmosphere. 

I loved TLoU but I would have it around the same place as Bioshock Infinite. Both of them came out at the same time with a very similar premise with different story and gameplay, but great combination. 

Mass Effect 2 was probably my favorite game from last generation. 

Skyrim was the most ancient combat wise of all RPG's released this gen, the combat compared to Witcher 2 and Dark Souls is a joke and just button mashing. It was also laughably easy(even on the highest difficulty) and repetitive with dungeon design. I dont see how it excelled greatly in any area besides being eye candy and offering a moderate amount of empty exploration. Most overrated game this gen, and with much more innovative and deep RPG's like Dark Souls, Dishonored, or Witcher I dont see how an Elder Scrolls game deserved to be ahead of all the others.

Also Blackops and H4 ahead of H3? In what aspect of judgable criteria is Blackops or H4 a more quality game? MP balance? Campaign? Story? Longevity? Maps? Features? I really want to know what criteria IGN judges these lists off of, besides how much the publisher is paying them under the table for good review scores.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would have imagined Halo 3 would be at least top 10. Regardless of how we look back on it now, it was THE game to play for many years, defined the xbox 360, blew up the fps tournament scene, and (along with Halo 2) was the primary reason for most XBL gold accounts.

Lists like these are always atrocious though, and I never expect any sort of intelligence from IGN. We should make a Beyond Entertainment list voted on by the users and see how it compares.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Majora's Mask gives me nightmares. It's no OoT, but it's an amazing game. Top 50 all time for sure.

And H4 at 28, and CoD4 at 10? While H3 is 82? I quit.

Also, Portal, MineCraft, and GTA are all great games but overrated as fuck. Especially Portal.

Wish I could be paid to talk complete dog shit. People at IGN are lucky.

I never been a fan of IGN.  just the whole website and layout.  i never really felt connected with any of their staff members.  with Giant bomb and gamespot, i always felt connected and their websites look better too.  

I would have imagined Halo 3 would be at least top 10. Regardless of how we look back on it now, it was THE game to play for many years, defined the xbox 360, blew up the fps tournament scene, and (along with Halo 2) was the primary reason for most XBL gold accounts.

Lists like these are always atrocious though, and I never expect any sort of intelligence from IGN. We should make a Beyond Entertainment list voted on by the users and see how it compares.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Skyrim was the most ancient combat wise of all RPG's released this gen, the combat compared to Witcher 2 and Dark Souls is a joke and just button mashing. It was also laughably easy(even on the highest difficulty) and repetitive with dungeon design. I dont see how it excelled greatly in any area besides being eye candy and offering a moderate amount of empty exploration. Most overrated game this gen, and with much more innovative and deep RPG's like Dark Souls, Dishonored, or Witcher I dont see how an Elder Scrolls game deserved to be ahead of all the others.

Also Blackops and H4 ahead of H3? In what aspect of judgable criteria is Blackops or H4 a more quality game? MP balance? Campaign? Story? Longevity? Maps? Features? I really want to know what criteria IGN judges these lists off of, besides how much the publisher is paying them under the table for good review scores.

I agree with Skyrim being the most overrated. The gameplay is bad, feels like a step back from Oblivion. The story is boring. The characters are one-dimensional. Dungeons were repetitive. The best part of that game was the exploration. After playing Dark Souls for so long, I can't even play Skyrim anymore.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed on that, I like Oblivion much more than Skyrim. I was addicted to Oblivion, where's after like an hour I am bored of Skyrim :/ Oblivion was also a better looking game for me, much more colourful.

...do you guys play Vanilla Skyrim, or with some mods?

Only modded. Vanilla Skyrim isn't fun.

Skyrim is shit. Oblivion was better. It was just a more involved game, I felt closer to the story, to the people and their stories.

Of course the main character was going to be a dragon. That was as predictable as a fat kid in a buffet.

I had over 1,300+ hours in oblivion and i sold skyrim after 8-9 days

It's definitely worth $5. It may not be as good as Oblivion but it is a great game and you can easily put a ton of hours into it. It's also a completely different experience modded. I suggest playing through vanilla then if you have a capable PC playing through it modded. There are plenty of suggested mod lists out there.

BTW, that goes for basically any Bethesda game built off the Gamebryo engine. The modability and replayability are off the charts.

You watch Halo Reach will be in the top 20.

Surprisingly it isn't. Love now IGN how they pull titles out of their asses with the countdown.

One things I agree with this is Red Dead Redemption is higher then GTA V also what ever happened to online heists for GTA V they really dropped the ball with that one