RyanW

Frank O'Connor on leaks - "It's annoying"

Because I'm buying it, is the basic reason.

What? How would you know the game would be coming out if it wasn't leaked? How do you even buy an unannounced project? Buying their project doesn't give you the right to exclusive information before the developer/creator wants to release it. 

Everything Frankie said is correct. Fans think they are entitled to information whenever they want when the aren't.

Everything is timing and marketing but y'all don't think about that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Everything Frankie said is correct. Fans think they are entitled to information whenever they want when the aren't.

Everything is timing and marketing but y'all don't think about that.

In a perfect world, sure. Fans will wait patiently for news, and everything the developers eventually released would look awesome and be indicative of actual game content.But when they give us information they have to be straight with us, and not hide the truth with buzzwords and a Halo 4 BR gif without any of the infinity baggage that came with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What? How would you know the game would be coming out if it wasn't leaked? How do you even buy an unannounced project? Buying their project doesn't give you the right to exclusive information before the developer/creator wants to release it. 

Its been announced "Halo Xbox One" since when june 2013, its not exclusive information in any way.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep in mind it says everything is customizable. Meaning if it has AAs they can be taken out. Same goes for bloom, equipment, and probably sprint...if it's there

Frank O'Connor has done more than any single person to harm the Halo Franchise. He hates ranked/competitive gameplay and is the reason we haven't had proper rankings in the last two games, he dislikes most fans, he has openly insulted them at functions and online. He's unprofessional & should not be in charge of Halo's future.

And unless our informant him(her)self has signed an NDA, it's not "illegal", nor have they, so far, been erroneous.

Frankie needs to get his ego in check and his head out of his ass and do what's best for the fans for once instead of what he thinks is best for him.

• Upvote (+1) 7

In a perfect world, sure. Fans will wait patiently for news, and everything the developers eventually released would look awesome and be indicative of actual game content.But when they give us information they have to be straight with us, and not hide the truth with buzzwords and a Halo 4 BR gif without any of the infinity baggage that came with it. 

Dude, there were copies of H4 being played before the game was even released. And the people who played it early didn't catch on to how bad it was. So why do people think that information leaks will tell us the whole story?

What's the point of E3 if everything just gets leaked before hand? All of these leaks really destroyed a lot of hype I had for the ENTIRE thing, not just the Halo part. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's the price you pay for never telling anyone a single noteworthy detail about anything you're doing. 

"Armor lock is in as well."

*logs out*

The "everything from weapon damage, RoF, bloom, to health bars, ect.. customizable" and all game-types from previous Halo games got me excited though   :walshy:  H5 will feature the 1-50 ranking system(OMG) and custom classes are gone(OMG OMG!) god this would make me a happy Spartan(or elite/forerunner spartan going by the info in that leak).  :)

That leak was pretty detailed(especially story wise and he even gave the dev timeline which would be hard to make up), either this guy has way too much time on his hands, or it could be true.

The "everything from weapon damage, RoF, bloom, to health bars, ect.. customizable" and all game-types from previous Halo games got me excited thoughdan:walshy: H5 will feature the 1-50 ranking system(OMG) and custom classes are gone(OMG OMG!) god this would make me a happy Spartan(or elite/forerunner spartan going by the info in that leak). :)

That leak was pretty detailed(especially story wise and he even gave the dev timeline which would be hard to make up), either this guy has way too much time on his hands, or it could be true.

lol I actually ignored the story stuff, 1% chance is too high :kappa:

When we got the Halo 4 barn leak realized Halo 4 was not "going to feel like Halo"

I considered preordering the limited edition for Halo 4, but after seeing the leaked gameplay footage I decided it was smarter to postpone the decision of buying it at all till release.

I can understand why Frankie thinks leaks are annoying. The whole "feels like halo" charade feel apart as soon as you could see a guy sprinting and using promethean vision, even with the super shitty video quality it had.

They are going to try the same "it feels like halo" "more on that later" for Halo 5 - I guarantee it.

If they had nothing to hide, they wouldnt need to be afraid of leaks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see how it could be annoying for dev's to have info leaks like the ones we've had for Halo. But all those leaks have kept a dying community talking about their game. I know recently it's been a big reason iv'e had this forum page open in my chrome tabs and not closed it in weeks. And the slight hype iv'e gotten from the possibility of these leaks being true has kept me playing their game online lately. It was even probably the main reason my Reach team & another local team just had a 2 day lan earlier this month.

Leaks can be a good thing, but i see where he's coming from. With that said, i need more leaks  :bravo: . 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely sympathise with him. Imagine spending years working on a project in secret, only for some douchebag to leak the info and ruin the big reveal. Let's be honest here, we could all have waited for E3 to hear this info. Disappointing that some people have such little patience.

I completely sympathise with him. Imagine spending years working on a project in secret, only for some douchebag to leak the info and ruin the big reveal. Let's be honest here, we could all have waited for E3 to hear this info. Disappointing that some people have such little patience.

Uhm that Halo 5 reveal wasnt really shocking or groundbraking.

Like many people already said, we wouldnt need leaks if companys like 343/Microsoft could stop with the supid secrecy and silence. Im happy that the leaks happened.

Uhm that Halo 5 reveal wasnt really shocking or groundbraking.

Like many people already said, we wouldnt need leaks if companys like 343/Microsoft could stop with the supid secrecy and silence. Im happy that the leaks happened.

Its more the Halo 2: Anniversary rumours that I'm on about. I agree, I think everyone knew that Halo 5 was coming, so that wasn't really a surprise. But I just think it would have been so much more exciting for the Halo community to all hear about the Halo 2: Anniversary/Halo Masterchief Collection/whatever the fuck else they wanted to reveal, at the same time, especially since we are so fragmented as a community. E3 is just 3 weeks away, but people still want answers right this second. I'm as excited as anyone about this mystery 2014 game, but I'd just rather wait until we hear something official. I don't have a problem with people speculating about what a hypothetical 2014 MP game would be like, just that it'd be nice to give the devs some respect and let them reveal things how they were meant to be revealed. 

After what Halo fans have had to put up with for the past 2 years, he should feel fortunate that people still care enough about the series to be interested in leaked information.

• Upvote (+1) 3

After what Halo fans have had to put up with for the past 2 years, he should feel fortunate that people still care enough about the series to be interested in leaked information.

People are always going to care just because it has Halo in the title