RyanW

Frank O'Connor on leaks - "It's annoying"

I like certain leaks....Frankie is partly right, but he is just worried about a lot of nothing. I am very happy Halo 5: Guardians was announced, but they only should tease us with something else, like a hint at H2A or something, to really have us wondering. 

If any other game was leaked before it was intended to, its basically personal opinion down the line of if you consider that harmful or not. Personally, I wish hardly any teasers on Halo 2 Anniversary were here so we can be completely blown away. Obviously if it ends up being true, and it includes its original multiplayer, THEN people will be more excited.

With the recent rumor of Halo:The Master Chief Collection, I kinda want that saved for E3...so the whole package of plans is revealed. 

The reason a company like 343 won't share details of their next title is so that they have a huge lead and keep that lead over the competition. That is the business driver for any industry to keep quiet until the right time.

But each leak needs to be viewed and judged in that context.

The next reason is hype ... the hype curve and life cycle. Too much too soon and you lost most people's interest by release.

With that perspective in mind you can then ask have they said too little? I don't think so.

I honestly do not think leaks are a big deal unless the leak is actual footage of a game or something. If its just a rumor or a leak about info then its not that big of a deal. Players will still be excited when they see things that they didnt know about.

Just information of lets say H2A isnt a big deal to me. Its when its confirmed when everyone will freak out. I mean its not like it hasnt been talked about before that dumb Master chief collection thing was leaked.

Just makes people more excited. Idk it would be different if actual halo 5 stuff was leaked like a year before it came out or something.

All employees of 343 are employees of MS, but not all employees of MS are employees of 343.

Who cares, they are all the same umbrella. They fucked up. Just own it, someone from 343 told someone from higher up, who told someone outside company. Tough shit, they aren't ignorant to leaks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm sorry, but what about the game surprised you? No descope, sprint, AA's, Loadouts, 5 shot BR? Those were all shown in publicly released gameplay videos or the MLG tournament. 

I don't see why a company shouldn't be able to reveal info about their project when they want to. I don't understand why people feel they are entitled to information about someone else's project.

This is one of the biggest problems with people in the community. 343i is going to give some information and the trailer at E3. This will be about 5 months in advance of the game. Knowing what is coming isn't going to change the game in any way. They should be allowed to release the information on their own terms. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sucks for devs working on the project, but people are right leaks do spark alot of discussion about the project and even might give the devs some useful feedback on whether people like the information being leaked or not. 

For example H2A being leaked got RESOUNDINGLY good feedback creating alot of hype, and even got discussions going on what should or should not be included in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry, but what about the game surprised you? No descope, sprint, AA's, Loadouts, 5 shot BR? Those were all shown in publicly released gameplay videos or the MLG tournament. 

I don't see why a company shouldn't be able to reveal info about their project when they want to. I don't understand why people feel they are entitled to information about someone else's project.

The fact that it didn't feel like Halo despite being told otherwise like 10 times.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love how you all disagree with me, yet the first thing I'm going to see when  Iget to this site is a thread about the leak and how we are discussing it. lol 

The fact that it didn't feel like Halo despite being told otherwise like 10 times.

A leak would have never told you that lol. You have to play it for yourself to get the feeling of it.

I love how you all disagree with me, yet the first thing I'm going to see when  Iget to this site is a thread about the leak and how we are discussing it. lol 

Like mentioned before I'll discuss the leaks and all that jazz but it's not coming from the developers, which is what developers want to do. They want to be the ones to tell people about their own game. 

If you don't like the speculation then don't jump on the wagon. 

If you like the hype then watch the videos, if you're like me and are not interested then don't. 

Like mentioned before I'll discuss the leaks and all that jazz but it's not coming from the developers, which is what developers want to do. They want to be the ones to tell people about their own game. 

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

Pretty hard to ignore leaks when they're plastered all around sites and social media. I never said I disliked the leaks because like I've said there are dry spills with nothing to talk about, but it is upsetting that the developers aren't the ones originally revealing something.

I had a friend who pretty much did not want to see any The Dark Knight Rises trailers/posters/news/information/cast/villians or whatever and got mad when anyone brought it up because he did not want any spoilers. I remember asking him "not even a poster?". He was like, yeah because obviously if I watch the movie and see someone in it then I know they will be there and it wont be a surprise. Like, some people go to extreme measures just so that they don't have anything spoiled. So don't come to me and say that you're not happy that leaks are out because you want the information, even though you would take it from no matter where it came from.

*that ironic gif above tho

Frankie is mad specifically at the person who broke the non-disclosure agreement to leak tidbits of what they were presumably saving to announce that morning or at E3. He and the other members of 343i have a right to be upset. That's all people are saying. Once its out, its out. There is nothing that can be done about it. Does everyone here want some encouraging Halo news? Or course. We aren't going to pretend like we didn't read or hear about it. But that doesn't make it right from the perspective of 343i who worked hard to prepare an accurate presentation for their product. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go ahead and say it...

There was a CoD CD inside the halo box.

Because I'm buying it, is the basic reason.