Hard Way

Columbus OH Halo: CE and Halo 2 LAN. Memorial Day Weekend.

I forgot to say that I have four of the old Xbox Cams as well as a newer Microsoft WebCam that a buddy and I used to use to stream old stuff.

I can't wait. I should have 2 friends joining me. They are respectable guys that I've known a long time. Probably won't show up until later in the day though. Like 7pmish. My plane lands around 5. Not much I can do about it. 

Hard Way is on a flight from Hawaii back to Ohio right now. We'll spend the week planning and peeing ourselves in excitement.

Then I've got another buddy on a flight from Texas on Friday. This will be a fun weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many are confirmed so far? Also, I got all my streaming equipment so we're good to go on that.

if you find out you are going and i go too depending on where you are at i could possibly drive if youd be down

I live in Morris County, that may be a bit out of your ways to be honest. I could definitely 100% go, but I don't have a way of getting there. If you were interested I'd absolutely pay for a significant amount of your gas at the least.

So I found out that I don't work on Saturday which means I'm like 98% confirmed. Still working out the details on the off-chance I work super early in the morning Sunday or something.

I see that some other people have streaming equipment also. Should we have everybody just bring their setup? Once we're all actually there, we can take inventory of everything and figure out how best to stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, a tournament would be cool. Not for money necessarily, just to add some hype and say "these dudes won". Call it a local.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live in Morris County, that may be a bit out of your ways to be honest. I could definitely 100% go, but I don't have a way of getting there. If you were interested I'd absolutely pay for a significant amount of your gas at the least.

Hey man I just wanted to give fair warning that Jensen doesn't have space for people to sleep here. I wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can look into a hotel room. There's one just down the road from his place.

So with the LAN being tomorrow, do you guys have a preferred time for us to show up? Since I have to drive about 4 hours, I might leave early in the morning so I can get there with some time to set everything up.

Thread should be stickied imo.

I played so much Halo 1 and Halo 2 and Shadowrun today, and now I will sleep the sleep of sleeps.

We're having a LAN on Saturday, May 24th in Hilliard, Ohio. We'll play a lot of Halo CE and Halo 2, as well as some other stuff later in the evening, like Shadowrun, Unreal Tournament 3, and several other games. This isn't a tournament. It's just for fun, and the average skill is pretty moderate. We plan to play all night. Message me if you are interested in attending.

If you want to come, first and foremost, be a decent person. My best friend is opening up his home to anyone that wants to come have an awesome day of Halo. Don't make him regret it by being a thief or by starting fights. Have a friendly attitude and come to have fun and make friends. That said, feel free to bring friends, so long as you trust them to behave themselves.

If you come, please be self sufficient. Bring a 360, controller, monitor or small TV, a power strip, Ethernet cable, and a copy of the games you want to play (namely H2, Shadowrun, or UT3). We have some extra for those that are missing something, but we might run out. Label your stuff! If you've been to a LAN before, you know how easy it is to get your stuff mixed up.

There is no need to bring any original Xbox equipment. We have a ton of S controllers, 4 32in Flatscreen CRT's, and several OG Xboxes modded with Halo 1.5 LAN edition.

As for food, the host is making a huge vat of chili. It's outstanding and it's been a staple of our LANs for years.

This is looking to be a pretty big LAN. We've got 14 saying they're coming already, but every LAN has flakes so you never know the final head count. Just expect it to be a little crowded. The LAN is in a 3 level apartment.

Again, PM on here for more info if you are interested in coming. Thanks guys :)

How was the LAN? I wasn't able to make it due to my flight not making back to town in time, but I am curious on how things went. Do you think there is potential for future LANs in the area?

How was the LAN? I wasn't able to make it due to my flight not making back to town in time, but I am curious on how things went. Do you think there is potential for future LANs in the area?

Yeah absolutely!  My buddy Jensen has the H1 setup in his basement, and we'll organize semi-regular LANs at his place.  I come back to Columbus every 6 months on leave, and I make sure we have one scheduled when I come back, so you can count on at least 2 a year.

The LAN was fantastic.  We had about 14 people at one time with people coming and going.  We played H1, H2 and Shadowrun until people started leaving around 9pm or so, and then we shifted over to small games of UT3.  Shadowrun was a hit.  People loved learning that game and thought it was a riot to play.

The only thing I would try to do better next time is make more of an effort to get people to set up their stuff near people that would make decent teams in H2.  We had some imbalanced teams for a few games, and people didn't want to just play on other people's gear, so we had to unplug and move some people's setups at one point and it was a pain in the ass.  So my advice would be, if you refuse to play on someone else's equipment, then please ask the host where to set up so we can put you on the team that needs you.  Other than that minor hiccup, the LAN was about perfect.  Time passed by way too fast because I was having so much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1