Hard Way

Columbus OH Halo: CE and Halo 2 LAN. Memorial Day Weekend.

Please be streaming..

We used to have a setup for that at our old LAN house, but we switched places bc my friends wife hates fun. Unfortunately we're not set up for streaming at the new place. :( I know.

I told my friend to bring a camera, and I'm thinking of making a short documentary of sorts about LANs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess you could make do if someone swings by with a cap card and a laptop, but anyway, that docu would be cool.

I live in pa. I'm gonna talk to a few of my buddies and see if we can join

I'm in North NJ, It's a bit of short notice for me but I'm gonna see what I can do.

I've got about 6-8 Halo CE discs, another 6-8 Halo 2 discs, one of them being the multiplayer map pack, and another 6 shadowrun discs. I really wanna go to this, as I doubt I'd ever be able to play SR and Unreal on lan.

I'm in North NJ, It's a bit of short notice for me but I'm gonna see what I can do.

I've got about 6-8 Halo CE discs, another 6-8 Halo 2 discs, one of them being the multiplayer map pack, and another 6 shadowrun discs. I really wanna go to this, as I doubt I'd ever be able to play SR and Unreal on lan.

We'd love to have ya! You would destroy in SR though. We will be teaching people how to play. That's kinda where everyone's at with SR. But everyone's a bit better at UT.

Huge bummer about the lack of a stream- would love to watch some CE and Shadowrun.

I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm going to bring my laptop and elgato, and make a trip to microcenter to see if I can get everything else I need (RCA to HDMI converters, etc). If I can get it up, it'll probably be a pretty haggard and thrown-together stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I live in Dublin OH, but I am out of town in NY on a business trip at the moment. I fly back in on the 24th ironically and have a friend who might be down to join also. Just no Original xboxes and only one copy of H2 minus the Map Pack Disc :( I will do my best to make it out though. 

EDIT: And one original H:CE disk

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live in Dublin OH, but I am out of town in NY on a business trip at the moment. I fly back in on the 24th ironically and have a friend who might be down to join also. Just no Original xboxes and only one copy of H2 minus the Map Pack Disc :( I will do my best to make it out though.

EDIT: And one original H:CE disk

We are all set for Halo CE. We have all the equipment needed in-house. We have a bunch of copies of H2 but we encourage everyone to bring their own in case we run out. We also have a map disk that anyone can use if they need to download the patch + maps.

Just focus on bringing this stuff:

Your 360

A small tv or monitor

Controller (we have S controllers for the original)

Copy of Halo 2, and any other game you want to play.

Power strip (May or May not be necessary)

Ethernet cord (May or May not be necessary)

Label your stuff

We're excited to meet you! I'll message everyone that is interested on my lunch break here in a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live in pa. I'm gonna talk to a few of my buddies and see if we can join

Very cool.  Just PM me on here if you can confirm you're coming.

I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm going to bring my laptop and elgato, and make a trip to microcenter to see if I can get everything else I need (RCA to HDMI converters, etc). If I can get it up, it'll probably be a pretty haggard and thrown-together stream.

I'm not 100% on being able to show up, but if I can, I could bring my desktop PC which can stream HDMI. My pops also has a RCA capture card I could bum off of him. So I might be able to save you some money by bringing my stuff. I guess you can hold off on making a purchase for a bit until I confirm whether or not I can show.

I'm not 100% on being able to show up, but if I can, I could bring my desktop PC which can stream HDMI. My pops also has a RCA capture card I could bum off of him. So I might be able to save you some money by bringing my stuff. I guess you can hold off on making a purchase for a bit until I confirm whether or not I can show.

That's extremely generous of you!

I'm flying back to Columbus Friday night. I was planning on doing LAN prep that week leading up to it. I'll find out everything I need and make a list, but I'll hold off on buying until I hear from you. When do you think you'll know?

That's extremely generous of you!

I'm flying back to Columbus Friday night. I was planning on doing LAN prep that week leading up to it. I'll find out everything I need and make a list, but I'll hold off on buying until I hear from you. When do you think you'll know?

Maybe by this weekend. I need to make sure I don't work on the 24th or that I'll be able to get someone to cover my shift if I do. Hard for me to say at this point.

If you bring your elgato anyway, we might be able to get a POV changing thing going by hooking it up to my PC and using both cards at once.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that...that would be sick. I would totally be down to cast every few games too. I would crush at that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gregor, I got your text.  My friend thinks he might be able to set up a small station for you in the basement close to the CE stations.  Just bear in mind that space is pretty limited in this apartment, but we think we can make it work.  Any chance we could get you to show up around 10am (about an hour before we told people to show up) to set up the stream?  And do you have a webcam?  A live wideshot would be pretty neat to have.

I'm going to see if my laptop is powerful enough to stream, I'll let u know in the next few days.

if you find out you are going and i go too depending on where you are at i could possibly drive if youd be down

Hey everyone. This event will be at my house. to answer some questions.. My internet service is 30/5 and I do have Gigibit WAN if you have an AC band device. We have everything needed to support 8v8 Halo:CE (4 32" flat CRTs and 4 networked Xbox Originals)

Then we have another three Xbox Originals ready to use. We have plenty of controllers, though I would encourage you to bring your own if you've got a favorite. Then we will probably take full advantage of the other two floors of the place. I have room for 10 or so stations on the main floor.. then another three or four in the spare room. And we have plenty of ethernet. Just bring a screen and 360 and we SHOULD be set. Obviously bring any extras that you might want to have.. copies of extra games etc...

• Upvote (+1) 3