CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Weapons having a scope isn't the problem, it's the stupid accuracy bonus and needless obstruction of vision that make it a problem, not to mention the lore goes directly against what smart scope currently is.

Hasn't scoping in reduced spread in previous Halo games, even if it's barely noticeable?

In fact there were several things that made your shot more accurate: crouching, reduced movement speed (or just not moving), and using your scope.

How drastic is the bullet tightness comparison in H5 when scoped and when un scoped? If it's noticeably alot more than previous titles, than I can see why it might be a problem.

Hasn't scoping in reduced spread in previous Halo games, even if it's barely noticeable?

In fact there were several things that made your shot more accurate: crouching, reduced movement speed (or just not moving), and using your scope.

How drastic is the bullet tightness comparison in H5 when scoped and when un scoped? If it's noticeably alot more than previous titles, than I can see why it might be a problem.

Not that I know of.  Scoping did extend the range at which bullet magnetism was tied to reticle size, so there was some accuracy increase due to that (magnetism is a constant angle within the RRR and a constant linear distance outside of it . . . so if you increase the RRR, you increase the total linear distance you can be off-target but still hit) . . . but I don't think it affected spread.

Even if it did, that doesn't make it desirable.  The past games were by no means perfect.

I asked the question on HaloForum and I'll ask it again here because the answers are intriguing.

Would you still buy/play the game regardless if you liked it or not if there where life changes amount of money at stake in HCS? Say a $1 Million event just like cod champs. The COD scene absolutely hated ghosts but still played it regardless...

No. If I dislike the game, then I won't buy it. As a casual halo 3 player, I liked halo 3's multiplayer simply because of how competitive its gameplay was. Not because there was a competitive scene with money at stake. In fact, I didn't even know there was actually a competitive scene for halo 3 at that time. No lie.

For example, I play league of legends because I liked the depth and competitiveness in the gameplay. The LoL championship series interested me as It was about a game that I was willing to play for its competitive value. If I found no fun in its gameplay, I wouldn't care too much about the championship.

Additionally, I disliked halo 4's gameplay because it was generic and boring. I played it for a week before allowing it to collect dust... The gameplay didn't appeal to me. So, I didn't really care when there was a halo 4 championship series. The only match I found interesting to watch in the championship was the finals, nothing else.

So yeah.... If halo 5's multiplayer is boring, I'll be saving my money regardless of any tourney included.

Unrelated point: 343 using lore to explain the MP is hilarious.

"Alright Spartans. You are all highly trained covert operatives. You will need to be a master of stealth, interplanetary survival skills in hostile worlds, fearless against hoards of enemies. So in order to prepare you for this, you will need to get really good at 4v4's on arena maps. When on covenant worlds, you will need to master weapon timing, call outs, the spawn system, grenadine weapons to yourself, and ground pounding your enemies. May god be with you"

Just lol

• Upvote (+1) 7

Unrelated point: 343 using lore to explain the MP is hilarious.

"Alright Spartans. You are all highly trained covert operatives. You will need to be a master of stealth, interplanetary survival skills in hostile worlds, fearless against hoards of enemies. So in order to prepare you for this, you will need to get really good at 4v4's on arena maps. When on covenant worlds, you will need to master weapon timing, call outs, the spawn system, grenadine weapons to yourself, and ground pounding your enemies. May god be with you"

Just lol

Never really liked the canonization of War Games either. :/

biggest problem with Smart Scope is that it's obtrusive as shit on the rifles

They could fix this by doing the same thing they did w/ the Light Rifle: Have the outer part of the scope on the far corners instead of in your FOV.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All smartscope animations need to be nearly instantaneous, or just as fast as using sights was in previous titles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They could fix this by doing the same thing they did w/ the Light Rifle: Have the outer part of the scope on the far corners instead of in your FOV.

Light Rifle is basically a cool variation of the old zoom, IDK why they don't just do that for all guns as well

• Upvote (+1) 3

Light Rifle is basically a cool variation of the old zoom, IDK why they don't just do that for all guns as well

they might be, they said none of the scopes were final and we're going to be changed.

It has, but it never seemed like you were at this insane disadvantage when you were out of scope.

Also, bigger maps = higher importance of scoping.

As it stands now, you are penalized for using hip-fire, which is dumb considering it's already more difficult anyway.

I don't see why we can't just customize your scope, have 10 different things and even a "classic".

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't see why we can't just customize your scope, have 10 different things and even a "classic".

They should let us customize HUD color too. Idk about you guys, but sometimes I lose track of my reticle in the skybox...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm I wonder if something like this would work in Halo? 

tumblr_ngsvmd0Coz1t0eee6o1_500.jpg

Variations on the above wouldn't be too bad, either.  But classic zoom = best.

they might be, they said none of the scopes were final and we're going to be changed.

Yep. I believe either Quinn or Holmes criticized the obstructive DMR scope in the beta.

It'd be cool if you could select what style of HUD you wanted. You could choose between Halo 2 style, CE, etc. Maybe even move around different parts, for example you could move your shields to the right of the screen idk. Or just add stuff to make it look cooler, like the ODST compass that was at the top of your screen.

No, I don't work for HaloFollower. :kappa:

tumblr_ngsvmd0Coz1t0eee6o1_500.jpg

Variations on the above wouldn't be too bad, either.  But classic zoom = best.

Yeah I wish you could choose classic or smart link as a toggle, that would keep everyone happy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It has, but it never seemed like you were at this insane disadvantage when you were out of scope.

Also, bigger maps = higher importance of scoping.

As it stands now, you are penalized for using hip-fire, which is dumb considering it's already more difficult anyway.

scoping only increased accuracy for snipers in the bungie games, h4 saw accuracy bonuses for all rifles.

scoping only increased accuracy for snipers in the bungie games, h4 saw accuracy bonuses for all rifles.

It did put you in red-reticle range, which meant more auto-aim and magnetism. I also could've sworn in Halo 3 that scoping tightned your spread slightly.

Neither here nor there though, I still think bullet spread should be independant of scope state (or preferably, non-existent on the all the rifles).