CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm expecting giant setpieces to be the main "feature" of the campaign, like that giant forerunner bird robot from the first trailer. Would be very pleasantly surprised if they did something crazy with the structure of the campaign, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still though, feels good to be speculating about the next Halo campaign.

I cannot stress enough how annoying these publicity stunts are. If you have info you're prepared to drop just fucking do it.

That's not the point, this is sort of 343i's way of giving us something to chew on before the meal, the ilovebees campaign or w/e is good example I suppose.

That's the point, Borderlands is a remaster of an old gen title, not a brand new game... it doesn't require so much computation power.

Then what about H2A?

No, playing CE Multiplayer got you into the series. If you and all your friends had their own screens and Xbox's all connected with better graphical detail and frame rate, you wouldn't miss splitscreen one bit.

To lower the visual quality of the game to allow a low percentage of the population to play an inferior version of multiplayer would be bad for the franchise (and the players) due to the high importance of spectator experience.

Are you serious? If you have real life friends and want to play Halo in the same room together you should get 4 TVs and 4 Xboxes?

We have to look at the future not the past, and aim to be ahead of the times not behind them - that's part of the reason Halo became so popular in the first place

Cutting features that made Halo popular in the first place is not good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you actually think you're going to have 3 friends that want to play halo 5?

Was that an insult to me or to the game?

Anyways, my brother, dad, uncle, & myself have always had 4 player split screen gaming weekends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That Halo Follower intro makes sense now.

"Is the Master Chief really who we think he is?"

He was a part of the ARG the whole time.

I'll sign it... But is it really necessary? Not sure if it is. There is probably a very small number of people who'd make any use of it. Probably not worth whatever resources, if anyone, are required to make H5 4 split.

Plus as it's been pointed out in here before. The xbox one can barely handle 2 player split screen. 4 player would most likely be impossible to play on.

So because OP has a very specific situation this should be implemented in the game? Honestly I think 2 person split screen is enough. With online gaming being the norm to play with friends split screen is going by the wayside. Unfortunate as it is.

I'm actually enjoying all this hype stuff, hopefully can further boost pre orders. I know a few people are against pre ordering H5 but it will be good for us as a community to get back in it and get the numbers up.

Would certainly prefer to see Halo 5 at the top of the most reorder/anticipated games list over cod.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Apart from GTA 5 there has never been an instance of where I wasn't able to get a copy at a Gamestop or Best Buy because they ran out. With Digital copies being more and more accessible, there's not a need to pre-order a game. I'd rather wait for it to launch and then get it after seeing some more gameplay. Been duped to many times by this series as of late to commit before seeing the game.

I'm actually enjoying all this hype stuff, hopefully can further boost pre orders. I know a few people are against pre ordering H5 but it will be good for us as a community to get back in it and get the numbers up.

Would certainly prefer to see Halo 5 at the top of the most reorder/anticipated games list over cod.

Yup, let's reward 343 by preordering their next game for the absolute WORST release of a major franchise in the last 15 years. Let's reward them for willingly sell us a not only buggy, but completely broken product and further advertising it despite knowing that it just doesn't work.

Yeah, let's do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll have to check it out once I'm off my mobile. Anything in particular that's interesting?

Chief is apparently a traitor and some journalist from the future considers what Chief did to be common knowledge.

I'll have to check it out once I'm off my mobile. Anything in particular that's interesting?

It basically confirmed that everyone thinks Master Chief is a traitor for whatever reason. The audio log didn't say much either, other than that the military journalist is going to "uncover the truth". 

The fact that someone in their universe could think that the Master Chief is a traitor downright baffles me.

He is literally the most ridiculous, world saving hero, maybe ever. Stopped the Halo ring from firing and wiping out all life, stopped a 500-ship fleet from attacking Earth, stopped the Covenant from firing all the Halos at the ark, and stopped the advance of the flood from enveloping the universe. Halo 4 rolls around, and he stops one of the most technologically advanced beings from wiping out every living human on our homeworld and is literally chosen by the Librarian as Earth's greatest champion moving forward.

Honestly. The Master Chief's list of achievements is mind baffling. I can't even wrap my head around what he would be considered as if he was a real person. People would think of him as a God.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that someone in their universe could think that the Master Chief is a traitor downright baffles me.

He is literally the most ridiculous, world saving hero, maybe ever. Stopped the Halo ring from firing and wiping out all life, stopped a 500-ship fleet from attacking Earth, stopped the Covenant from firing all the Halos at the ark, and stopped the advance of the flood from enveloping the universe. Halo 4 rolls around, and he stops one of the most technologically advanced beings from wiping out every living human on our homeworld and is literally chosen by the Librarian as Earth's greatest champion moving forward.

Honestly. The Master Chief's list of achievements is mind baffling. I can't even wrap my head around what he would be considered as if he was a real person. People would think of him as a God.

If you followed the storyline you would understand why he could be portrayed as a traitor to the UNSC. Although the people on Earth could be fed false lies about his heroism and thus led to believe that he is a traitor. Just my thoughts.