CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is amazing news for scrimming. No more host warriors! Nothing but true skill. Best news yet. 

This is amazing news for scrimming. No more host warriors! Nothing but true skill. Best news yet. 

Now them filthy new zealenders will just complain about aus server endlessly :|

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now them filthy new zealenders will just complain about aus server endlessly :|

:flames:  :flames: Muhahahaha!  :flames: :flames:  

Doesn't this mean we have a finite amount of servers to play? What happens when servers are full or if they spontaneously shut down?

Play Campaign? Forge? Theater? Spectator Mode?

Doesn't this mean we have a finite amount of servers to play? What happens when servers are full or if they spontaneously shut down?

There will most likely be more than enough servers. I would be more worried about people trying to DDOS MS than that.

I just hope the game will have a good theater and allot of playlists [ON RELEASE]
And i also hope these facts about dedicated servers are true not like MCC.

I just hope the game will have a good theater and allot of playlists [ON RELEASE]

343 has shown time and time again how incompetent they are when it comes to matchmaking playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

campaign theater, seriously why is this constantly left out?!

It is good for taking some good screens and funny moments.

It doesn't quite make sense how H3 had this, but newer games can't quite seem to implement it. Can anyone ELI5?

Fans were able to mod it into h4 after 343 said it wasn't possible(or something like that), that's just disappointing.

That kind of worries me. What happens if the servers go down for whatever reason or the game inevitably stops being supported and the servers go off? There won't be any p2p connections for backup?

If someone queues up for a low-population game on Azure dedis, it should just spin up a new instance for the game on-demand, I would imagine. We shouldn't run into the same "permanently offline servers" issue that older gens had, since Azure isn't going anywhere

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since the 343 devs are reading this forum can we talk about 4 player split screen? I know this forum is full of mostly competitive gamers but there is always the casual side as well.

This has been one of my favorite features in Halo, playing with 3 of my buddies. Halo was one of the few games that revolutionized couch co-op. I'm at a loss for words hearing that it wont be in Halo 5. It was in H2A (although if you go online its pretty laggy), still I'd rather have it laggy than not have it at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fans were able to mod it into h4 after 343 said it wasn't possible(or something like that), that's just disappointing.

I think that the real truth behind in it missing from H4 was that they didn't have enough time to implement it. Hoping it's different this time around.

I think that the real truth behind in it missing from H4 was that they didn't have enough time to implement it. Hoping it's different this time around.

yeah but why wasn't it re added in mcc?

Play Campaign? Forge? Theater? Spectator Mode?

Microsoft's Azure (?) servers are pretty advanced: from what I've heard, they can almost instantaneously detect a large increase in users and will almost immediately ramp-up the amount of servers dedicated for that particular game or service. It's a variable, flexible system that should give us an enormous ceiling for the amount of players that can be on at once.

And this is Microsoft we're talking about. They're going to have some pretty large server farms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Microsoft's Azure (?) servers are pretty advanced: from what I've heard, they can almost instantaneously detect a large increase in users and will almost immediately ramp-up the amount of servers dedicated for that particular game or service. It's a variable, flexible system that should give us an enormous ceiling for the amount of players that can be on at once.

And this is Microsoft we're talking about. They're going to have some pretty large server farms.

Yet they will most likely timeout or have issues on launch.

Since the 343 devs are reading this forum can we talk about 4 player split screen? I know this forum is full of mostly competitive gamers but there is always the casual side as well.

This has been one of my favorite features in Halo, playing with 3 of my buddies. Halo was one of the few games that revolutionized couch co-op. I'm at a loss for words hearing that it wont be in Halo 5. It was in H2A (although if you go online its pretty laggy), still I'd rather have it laggy than not have it at all.

Split-screen is a dying trend and while I'm not exactly happy to see it go, I can totally understand why it is. More developers want to focus on making their game perform well and look well. Having to try and make the game work while rendering objects four times (which is what Halo does) simply stops that from happening. Their goal is a stable 60FPS and presumably 900p+ and split screen will ultimately not allow them to achieve that when it's in use. 

I said it in your original topic and I'll say it here: When was the last time Halo had decent split-screen? Halo 3?

They've said already that the game will have two player split-screen max and with the game possibly releasing in September, I don't see them dropping whatever they are currently working on to make the game look and perform a little worse overall so it is more stable for four players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how are dedicated servers supposed to work when some kids try to have a LAN party with 8 Xbox's on the network with a mediocre internet connection? Does this eliminate 'LAN' connections? Or will there still be P2P for these scenarios?

Or will it be possible to have 9 Xbox's on the network where you have 8 players & 1 'Dedicated Xbox' for the host?

Honestly with the availability of internet and online gaming, its no wonder that 4 player split screen would make a departure. I think it's expected that an overwhelming majority would play solo on LIVE with friends regardless of how close you live with each other.

So how are dedicated servers supposed to work when some kids try to have a LAN party with 8 Xbox's on the network with a mediocre internet connection? Does this eliminate 'LAN' connections? Or will there still be P2P for these scenarios?

Or will it be possible to have 9 Xbox's on the network where you have 8 players & 1 'Dedicated Xbox' for the host?

Maybe we'll have proper LAN support in September-November.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol @ people saying no more "host warriors".

Until you run into players with 1-5MS Ping to the server your game is playing on. It will be those same players complaining that Player X has 5 MS ping over your 35-55 MS ping xD. I can't wait to see this happen.