CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Thrusting can work as long as it limited and controlled so its doesn't become a shitfest.

Twice every 30 seconds. Your thirst do not begin to recharge until both thrust are used.

Double Jump/Charge kill/Ground Pound once every life.

Again if its BALANCED correctly it can POSSIBLY add positive something to the gameplay.

Sprint on the other can not work. Leaping over cover can not work.

Ok. I honestly don't even want to read this anymore. I'm going to leave this thread for a couple of days. But if its revealed that this is Halo 5... 

Torch-pitchfork.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uhh...YES 343i did. Frankie said specifically there wont be AAs, or atleast sprint, in Halo 5.

AAs are indeed gone, but they have been very careful with their wording about sprint and loadouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've realized that wether this article is fake or not, H5 is going to be different from the Halo we know and love. I pray its viable and fun. I know they have to make changes to keep the brand fresh. Goldenboy all but confirmed that we will be upset with some changes due to "the way the industry is evolving". Atleast we have MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're right on the point that the article isn't even verified. To me that makes this thread a whatever thread. Honestly, even if the article is fake it has been good to see the exchange of viewpoints about the content because I learned more about the implications of it. I'm a notorious shit talker and complainer so I find it irrelevant that some posts in this thread whined about stuff, all I care about is engaging the ideas about gameplay presented by the article. I'll learn more about video games in general that way instead of telling people to stfu because I can't or won't read beyond the surface of their posts.

For sure man, I totally agree. True or not, it doesn't hurt to discuss the info we have for the time being. 

Thrusting can work as long as it limited and controlled so its doesn't become a shitfest.

Twice every 30 seconds. Your thirst do not begin to recharge until both thrust are used.

Double Jump/Charge kill/Ground Pound once every life.

Again if its BALANCED correctly it can POSSIBLY add positive something to the gameplay.

Sprint on the other can not work. Leaping over cover can not work.

I like your idea of thrust not recharging until both have been used, but I'm not sure about double jump/charging/ground pound being once every life. That helps noobs who keep dying and hinders players who can stay alive. 

The guy did compare it to Quake and Unreal Tournament and said it plays like Halo 2, though. Also, he did put Sprint in italics, maybe indicating that it is just a charge. So IDK. I'll wait.

But I hope 343 knows what they are getting themselves into by premiering the game on a competitive stream. If the game is shit, the chat will explode, and nearly all the hype from the previous 2 days (and maybe even the past year) will quickly vanish.

Reading this, I got STRONG UT vibes and even Quake Clan Arena vibes not gonna lie. it could just be I am imagining what I want to happen and this shit actually turns out to be worse than AA's, but I think this would definitely be better. Feeling like H2 is never a bad thing either since its one of the best controlling Halo's.

There have been added some small Thruster packs which allow for many new ways to move around, in a Titanfall fashion. A double jump has been intruduced; you can also stay in the air for a few seconds or evade side-wise, even while airborn.

Dodge-jump anyone? Being able to air-strafe has long been apart of traditional Arena FPS that Halo never adopted for whatever reason(physics much floatier), this along with double-jump and slight wall-climbing sounds like it could take competitive Halo to that next level movement wise I always knew it was capable of(gamepad controls or not). Just imagine some of these miraculous air moves/jumps on a regular basis in competitive Halo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpdEyyAs4wE

he Multiplayer felt like an evolution to first person shooters, with a slower pace but in which it's better to always run and jump, where aiming skills are more important than well knowing the maps.

Not sure where he is getting the "slower-pace" vibe from, but what he describes here is not an "evolution" to the FPS it is in fact returning to the roots of the MP DM FPS.

The second Gametype is called Breakout. It's a 4v4 deathmatch without respawns; if you get killed, you'll be out for the rest of the round

Halo's version of Quake Clan Arena anybody? I dont want to call it Search and Destroy because believe it or not this originated in Quake as Rocket Arena.

Our first game was a classic deathmatch 4v4; there was an indicator for The spawn points of Power Weapons like Rockets, Sniper and Sword. There's also a timer that will let you know when they will spawn.The first map we played on was on the top of a skyscraper, with many platforms with outside and inside zones.

Holy crap, did he just describe something close to DM_Morpheus??? I am really excited to see what this game is all about now.  :) ScreenShot00003.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm pretty sure that no loadouts was confirmed.

Fair loadouts were confirmed, so basically everyone will have the same loadouts and starting weapons

Do we have any people who are fluent in Italian and who can maybe translate the original article? Because it seems Google Translate jumbles a lot of words. Maybe "climb" actually means crawl as in go prone.

Wall Climb - stupid but who cares. Will it ruin anything I'm not thinking of? *edit* if this ends up being able to scale walls from the bottom then that's terrible and hopefully missing jumps is still going to be a thing. This has potenetial to be real bad but I'll have to see it.

I have always thought halo never used ladders so that people don't have to lower their weapons to gain altitude.

Do you see being caught in the middle of playing spiderman unable to return fire good for halo? Both unable to engage and the spiderman feeling seem contrary to me and sound more like halo's evolution toward CoD.

343 still lacks identity confidence in halo. They still think CoD is the rave.

I think we all should just stop speculating, if the article ends up being fake or blown out of proportion then this thread would have been pointless. well find out whether the article is true or not on the weekend.

And also, I'm not saying I approve of a ground pound or thruster packs or climbing up ledges but there's so many people that are against anything new being put in halo. I mean do you not want a new game that's different from the other halos in the franchise? I mean it sounds to me like everyone just wants halo 2 or halo 3 printed on a new cd and labeled halo 5. Don't you guys want a new halo experience? Now I'm not saying take all the mechanics and idea from halo 4 and magnify them x1000, I would support a halo which had the original foundation of player skill vs player skill, but had something new added which didn't take away from that foundation.

Love how a lot of people are going apeshit over something that could have been made by trolls.

Exactly my point, if it turns out the article is true then I think people should go ape shit, but for now it's unnessasary.

Do we have any people who are fluent in Italian and who can maybe translate the original article? Because it seems Google Translate jumbles a lot of words. Maybe "climb" actually means crawl as in go prone.

Oh god, that would be even worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I Like the sound of it,it already sounds better than Halo 4, if the choice of load out is something akin to ar and smg or dmr and br I am down with that, sounds even to me I like the sound of the new sprint penalty on shield regen. it all sounds good, big whacking waypoints for the power weapons, (noobs gotta learn.) 

The MCC comes out in 6 days, The Hyper competitive Halo 2 generation are about to get everything they ever asked for and enough forge functionality to iterate to eternity. I hope they don't spend the next three years screaming about Halo 5. (worst most entitled halo generation ever) .It would be very rude.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 23

(noobs gotta learn.) 

...Newcomers have a chance to get better with the Master Chief Collection, the original trilogy is the place to start honing your skills. Especially Combat Evolved and Halo 2.

This is Halo 5 we're talking about. The Skill Gap issue is increasingly important....

...Newcomers have a chance to get better with the Master Chief Collection.

This is Halo 5 we're talking about. The Skill Gap issue is increasingly important....

Come on man thats not how it going to work, when i say noobs i mean noobs. There should always be noobs every new game, juicy noobs all for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

...Newcomers have a chance to get better with the Master Chief Collection, the original trilogy is the place to start honing your skills. Especially Combat Evolved and Halo 2.

The one thing 343 is going to have to deal with is that everyone that played halo 2 or 3 when it first came out is old and might have moved on with their lives. 343 is trying and needs to appeal to the younger/cod fan base in order to keep halo alive and these people don't like staying on target for a long period of time and leading shots to kill someone, they'd rather play a game where it's easy as hell to kill someone, hence cod's large fanbase.

if the avg kill time in halo was less than a second, maybe....but with 4sk and more depending on how much you miss...it would be a mess, a complete mess.

This is exactly right. It ends up being a random cluster fuck of skilless plays. Kill times are too slow for all of that crap and if those change, then it is just plain COD. We will have MCC for many years to come but 343i has yet to prove they can make a good Halo game and this article is just more evidence that they cannot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1