CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How can I possibly believe you without red circles?

This is your chance to abuse your r/halo mod powers to summon a sticky post to deliver red circles of your own to the masses.

All this talk about sprint and with the way it was designed, it wouldn't be a problem in Halo 5 if it wasn't for thruster. Obviously it effects gameplay on a larger scale when it comes to map design and size, but escapability would absolutely NOT be a problem on Halo 5 if there was no thrust. You literally cannot sprint when getting shot. We all knew there was going to be sprint in the game, let's be realistic here. But 343 balanced it BRILLIANTLY. The only thing that it truly ruins are the maps, which is still a big deal obviously. I'm against sprint in Halo, but thruster frustrated me WAYYYYYY more in the beta.

With that said, thruster was incredibly fun to use in the beta during battles for me. Sure, shooting while thrustig would be nice, but the delay was so minimal I was still able to come from behind in gunfights and win due to thrusting. It's just everyone thrusting behind cover that made it a bitch.

thruster can be the most beneficial to the game in years if implanted right, spribt doesn't bring any benefits, only inharent detriments.

thruster can be the most beneficial to the game in years if implanted right, spribt doesn't bring any benefits, only inharent detriments.

Oh I completely agree. Sprint literally has no benefits at all. I was just saying that 343 did a good job balancing it to eliminate escapability. Thruster used offensively is incredibly entertaining but it just sucks that it's used defensively 97% of the time

• Upvote (+1) 1

During the H1 era, Halo barely had a multiplayer identity. Therefore, the fanbase couldn't care less how different the BR was to the H1 pistol, and you'd be reaching to say that the BR would change Halo as fundamentally as Sprint. As for Reach's Arena, firstly that's not a gameplay mechanic, and secondly a lot of players did hate it because it was different.

I'm actually against sprint purely because it's different. Hating sprinting because it's different is not mutually exclusive with hating it because of how it affects the game (in fact it's pretty much the same).

What's your definition of balance? I need to know in order to make a counter-argument to your latter paragraph.

People hated Arena because it didn't work and didn't rank you on team based performance until like a year into the game rofl..

All this talk about sprint and with the way it was designed, it wouldn't be a problem in Halo 5 if it wasn't for thruster. Obviously it effects gameplay on a larger scale when it comes to map design and size, but escapability would absolutely NOT be a problem on Halo 5 if there was no thrust. You literally cannot sprint when getting shot. We all knew there was going to be sprint in the game, let's be realistic here. But 343 balanced it BRILLIANTLY. The only thing that it truly ruins are the maps, which is still a big deal obviously. I'm against sprint in Halo, but thruster frustrated me WAYYYYYY more in the beta.

Couldn't agree more. I think everybody is on the same page that we do not want sprint in Halo. BUT if it is going to be in the game regardless, the way they incorporated it is well done. I give 343 credit for that. 

I wouldn't mind if it was the standard Search n Destroy from CoD or Bomb defusal from CS

the way they incorporated it is well done. I give 343 credit for that. 

What the fuck happened to beyond in like the last couple of days?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Say they add the CE pistol as a legendary weapon and we can make that the primary. Would it be better to do that than changing the weapon and health traits?

Then I'd do:

-1 AR, 1-2 SMGs, 1 BR/DMR/LR at each base (idea courtesy of @@Sitri)

-Add in an objective similar to TF2's Arena where if players are still alive after a certain time a hill will pop up

-Replace nades in middle with a power weapon or power up

This sounds good as well.

This thread is almost a carbon copy of Halo 4 discussion.   

Everyone that will be playing this game a year from launch, don't want sprint.

Fuck 3v4 industries.    Only trying to sell games.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

People who drop the game a few months after release and aren't essentially "forced" to play it for years if they want to compete shouldn't have a say in my book. 

But that's where 99% of the revenue comes from! So fuck me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lore post incoming:

2015 Halo Print Publishing – 343 Industries, Simon & Schuster

Halo: New Blood by New York Times bestselling author Matt Forbeck – a digital-first short novel released on March 2, 2015

Halo: Hunters in the Dark by New York Times bestselling author Peter David – a full-length novel on sale June 16, 2015

Halo: Saint’s Testimony by 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor – a digital single on sale July 27, 2015

Halo: Last Light by New York Times bestselling author Troy Denning – a full-length novel on sale September 7, 2015

Halo: Shadow of Intent by New York Times bestselling author Joseph Staten – a digital-first novella on sale December 7, 2015!  

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-novel-ideas

Most exciting news, Joe Staten is writing Halo content again! After leaving Bungie last September and Joining Microsoft Game Studios in January it was unclear what he would be working on. Hopefully this is a sign of his renewed involvement in the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the fuck happened to beyond in like the last couple of days?

You took that quote entirely out of context, go work for Fox News 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just really tired of the years or ignorant sprint hate which makes our community look like a bunch of immature whiny brats - we are smarter than that so should act like it, especially now that we know that Sal1ent, Frankie, and Deez are lurking

I don't see how the sprint hate is ignorant really. People don't just hate things for the sake of hating them; it just appears that way because of the volume of vague posts. There are plenty of reasons that have been stated regarding why people think sprint is bad, your post included (back in the Reach days from what I remember).

@ Bold: Who really cares at this point? Sure, the community's general behavior discourages them from interacting with us. But it's not like any change we make will change their direction of game design. We're too unimportant to them to make any real influence, except for toggles of course.

I understand you're more against sprint than for it, but I'm surprised to see you arguing for it in any circumstance at all. I agree in terms of judgment, there is an opportunity cost. But there was an opportunity cost in Reach's Sprint, with Evade, with Armor Lock, with AA Camo, with all sorts of things. The problem is sprint isn't punishable enough with all that it brings to the game.

And in terms of map design, it butchers the potential of appropriately sized arena maps. While, I do NOT think arenas should overcentralize map design, I think having at least one arena map in a competitive rotation is great for fast-paced slayer and flag/bomb in modern halo.

Sprint is more of a liability than an asset.

Hey look, new screenshot. Looks like Locke has an eject button on the back of his helmet.

Halo-5-Campaign-Locke.png

the graphics  :saucey:  :ghost:  :goat:

Im not sure why people are surprised, or @@Frankie himself. Did he think that coming to a forum filled with hardcore Halo fans, whom have been kicked in the crotch harder and harder over the years would go well? After the release of H4, that it would go well? After the fail that is MCC, that it would go well? After an H5 beta that includes more COD/Titanfall/Crysis comparisons than I care to reference,,,,,,, that it would go well?

Are you guys serious? - Because his little avatar says "343" over it, have you lost your personal pride?

I means jeesh, dont sit on here and spew out constructive cirticism and 343 hate all day every day and then once a 343 staffer shows up you ask him, "Hey frankie who is the most fun in the office?!?!" -- get that outta here.

I am over the "politically correct" - there is no transparency, when the answers given are coated in it.

Some people, @@Cursed Lemon, @@Saucey (and more) tried to engage and get REAL answers - but to no avail.

There isnt really anything that 343 could do to win back my trust, or get more money out of my wallet, and this point they could send in all their staff to these forums promising us whatever we desire - it will be hollow. The only thing they have been able to deliver on has been a 100+ day patch that lets me join my friends and stay with them. Next, its 100 more days until gameplay and ranks.

Lets have a party

Yeah it pisses me off too. If 343 wants respect as a developer, then they should earn it. This whole idea that 343 deserves unconditional respect from us is ridiculous.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I voted for breakout because I really enjoyed it but I have been convinced that full health full shields objective breakout would be so much better.