CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

From what pros have been saying about COD:AW, and how it's actually pretty fun, and what this guy has said, as long as it can still be competitive it sounds pretty interesting.

Try and be positive guys. This game is the game that will be picked up for competitive when it's complete, If halo gets a spot at all.. Yeah it's different from the orig formula but change is good whether we like to admit it or not. I'm looking forward to trying the beta myself.

:salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

You forgot to :kappa: .....

Article is fake :kappa:

Please tell me you're just trolling.

I'd only troll so that when the first footage comes out and it's old school, no sprint Halo tt'd be an even bigger surprise 

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what pros have been saying about COD:AW, and how it's actually pretty fun, and what this guy has said, as long as it can still be competitive it sounds pretty interesting.

Try and be positive guys. This game is the game that will be picked up for competitive when it's complete, If halo gets a spot at all.. Yeah it's different from the orig formula but change is good whether we like to admit it or not. I'm looking forward to trying the beta myself.

Don't be that guy. It's the types of changes that people have a problem with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Changing from a formula that works is and beloved(Halo 1-3) too a different one and worse one which turned out too be shit (HR-H4) change for sake of change is a bad thing.

There's a reason why the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" exists because it's generally true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about you guys, but being able to move like in Advanced Warfare, except with the Halo sandbox and kill times would be sick as shit. The shooting skill gap would LITERALLY reach new heights.

if the avg kill time in halo was less than a second, maybe....but with 4sk and more depending on how much you miss...it would be a mess, a complete mess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This all sounds VERY bad if it's true. But i'm not going to put to much thought into this article. I'll just wait and see when it's released.

And we all really don't need to worry. If come Nov 2015, Halo 5 is completely garbage, we all have the MCC to continue to play our favorite Halo's! Both competitively and casually. For probably the entire life span of the Xbone (Many, many years). So yeah, i'm not worried to much about what 343 is doing with Halo 5. if it sucks, u'll find me on H2C & H2A.

if the avg kill time in halo was less than a second, maybe....but with 4sk and more depending on how much you miss...it would be a mess, a complete mess.

Yea, exactly what I was thinking. But I doubt Halo is ever going to have a kill time of under a second ever again.

And we all really don't need to worry. If come Nov 2015, Halo 5 is completely garbage, we all have the MCC to continue to play our favorite Halo's! Both competitively and casually. F

What about the sheep that are in our competitive community that will follow the $$$ when 343 holds events for a game like this (again...if it's true?). We will need everybody to fight and take a stand against such garbage while trying to sustain our community with games we enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

depends... which things

I don't know...I don't think the wall/ledge climb thing, thruster's or a very nerfed sprint would be as bad as Ebola..as long as its got the golden triangle of guns, melee and grenades, BR'ing someone's shields 4 times and finishing with a headshot, power weapons on map as pick-ups, equal starts, ranks, a balanced sandbox and spec mode.

but what do I know...I didn't lan Halo CE at an MLG event in 200andfucking1, the same year 9/11 happened and Shaggy - "It Wasn't Me" was top of the music charts.

I'm not surprised I'm getting a lot of backlash for saying I'm even remotely looking forward to trying the beta, but jesus guys.. 

This all sounds VERY bad if it's true. But i'm not going to put to much thought into this article. I'll just wait and see when it's released.

And we all really don't need to worry. If come Nov 2015, Halo 5 is completely garbage, we all have the MCC to continue to play our favorite Halo's! Both competitively and casually. For probably the entire life span of the Xbone (Many, many years). So yeah, i'm not worried to much about what 343 is doing with Halo 5. if it sucks, u'll find me on H2C & H2A.

Yep (about the bold). We'll probably have MCC for years after a new console too. Even if they get rid of the XB1's dedicated servers when a new console is out I would be surprised if they didn't build in/already have a host system. 

Changing from a formula that works is and beloved(Halo 1-3) too a different one(HR-H4) which turned out too be shit change for sake of change is a bad thing.

There's a reason why the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" exists because it's generally true.

Yeah, and that's why MCC exists. You can enjoy the formula that works, but get it through your head that video games (including competitive) are fucking changing. While Halo 1-3 are great games to play, and are good competitive games, they're old. Only the people who grew up on the game want to watch it. I don't mean to throw out random facts, but the same thing is going on with Major League Baseball right now. The people in charge of the MLB are struggling with getting younger audiences interested in baseball (we were just discussing this in a class I'm taking about sports in our society). Major League Soccer has higher average attendance ratings for soccer games than MLB does with baseball ("America's Pastime), and the rest of the world's sport is building a big fanbase in the U.S. That's wild. 

Don't be that guy. It's the types of changes that people have a problem with.

Don't be that guy who has been constantly disappointed with Halo for the past 4 years. You have to get over the changes and try and play it with an open mind. H4 still felt kind of like Halo, and I think H5 will feel even closer to vanilla Halo than H4. 

Bottom line is Halo is changing, people needa either get over it and enjoy the new Halo's that will be coming out in the future or they can enjoy MCC (as I probably will as well), just know that there probably won't be that much money in it other than smaller league tournaments and local shit. If you don't want to play H5 because it sucks or because you don't care to try and go pro and make something big out of your passion, then don't buy the fucking game. I'm a Halo kid. I'm gonna buy the damn Halo game, and I won't sell it no matter how bad it is because it's fucking Halo. 

Sorry for the (somewhat) vulgar rant. 

EDIT: Besides, We don't even know for sure if this is true. It seems believable given our little previews of H5 we've been exposed to, I can see the ability stuff being in the game. I kinda like it. It's new. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I'm not surprised I'm getting a lot of backlash for saying I'm even remotely looking forward to trying the beta, but jesus guys.. 

Yep (about the bold). We'll probably have MCC for years after a new console too. Even if they get rid of the XB1's dedicated servers when a new console is out I would be surprised if they didn't build in/already have a host system. 

Yeah, and that's why MCC exists. You can enjoy the formula that works, but get it through your head that video games (including competitive) are fucking changing. While Halo 1-3 are great games to play, and are good competitive games, but they're old. Only the people who grew up on the game want to watch it. I don't mean to throw out random facts, but the same thing is going on with Major League Baseball right now. The people in charge of the MLB are struggling with getting younger audiences interested in baseball. Major League Soccer has higher average attendance ratings for soccer games than MLB does with baseball ("America's Pastime). That's wild. 

Don't be that guy who has been disappointed with Halo for the past 4 years. You have to get over the changes and try and play it with an open mind. H4 still felt kind of like Halo, and I think H5 will feel even closer to vanilla Halo than H4. 

Bottom line is Halo is changing, people needa either get over it and enjoy the new Halo's that will be coming out in the future or they can enjoy MCC (as I probably will as well), just know that there probably won't be that much money in it other than smaller league tournaments and local shit. If you don't want to play H5 because it sucks or because you don't care to try and go pro and make something big out of your passion, then don't buy the fucking game. I'm a Halo kid. I'm gonna buy the damn Halo game, and I won't sell it no matter how bad it is because it's fucking Halo. 

Sorry for the (somewhat) vulgar rant. 

Nicely put. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

This isn't true... comeon...

But even if it is, you got a whole year to complain to 343 and Strongside to fix/nerf anything you don't want in it.

If 343 has showed us anything in the months leading up to MCC, it is that they LISTEN and give us what we ask for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

my guess is that if this has some truth to it, 343 will keep the shit we say can be fixed and get rid of the broken shit. i mean hey, they gave us a whole year to complain lol

Here's a direct translation of the webpage http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwebcache.googleusercontent.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcache%3AZSb4dCoAHzgJ%3Awww.everyeye.it%2Fxboxone%2Farticoli%2Fhalo-5-guardians_provato_24052%2520%26cd%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26ct%3Dclnk%26gl%3Dde

It still seems a little sketchy to me because there is hardly anything that we haven't heard before via trailers that 343 has released, 343 confirmed equal starts, while this article provides a slightly different answer, and none of the images attached are new. I guess that we will know for sure by this weekend.