CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Syncing and gameplay were pretty solid, color correction and effects were a little below average but I like this song (shoutout to @Hastings) and it was fun to watch because I love Halo 5. 

Keep it up!

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are halo nerf guns. We back

Now all we need are officially endorsed MJOLNIR Armor costumes with 100% signature customization available. Plus 'Halo Pro' certification decals.

For some reason I have a feeling we're going to see ODST droppods in BTB multiplayer.

I had an invasion idea where half the players dropped onto the map from space while the other half would stay on their ships and have a space battle, and each team would have to do something so that the other could advance, like the ground team taking out shields that cover the ship from the ground(return of the jedi), and the space team taking out a shield projector coming from the ship blocking part of the map on the ground. The intermediate portions when each team is waiting on the other, they play slayer.

There is one thing I took from this video that actually made me happy, and that is the map shown.

- Although it isn't exactly colorful, the textures are extremely pure and not ugly as shit like the H2A maps are

- The map's layout isn't completely infested with 100's of trees/rocks/other clutter like you see on Halo 4's maps (Abandon and Solace especially). There are mostly columns here and there supporting the buildings, but overall simple geometry.

I'm not sure when this map was shown, this is my first time seeing the map. I love its look, but I can't comment much on how it'll play since halo 5 was played on it. I hope it'll play okay on Halo 5 vToggle

Syncing and gameplay were pretty solid, color correction and effects were a little below average but I like this song (shoutout to @Hastings) and it was fun to watch because I love Halo 5. 

Keep it up!

The color correction turned out to be a lot darker after I uploaded it on youtube, as regards the effects, I agree with you.

The color correction turned out to be a lot darker after I uploaded it on youtube, as regards the effects, I agree with you.

Practice your syncing and flow first, by far the most important thing. Don't oversaturate your CC and do effects once you know you've ironed out all the fundamentals. 

Theater + angles help 10x so I won't hold you accountable for that.

There is one thing I took from this video that actually made me happy, and that is the map shown.

- Although it isn't exactly colorful, the textures are extremely pure and not ugly as shit like the H2A maps are

- The map's layout isn't completely infested with 100's of trees/rocks/other clutter like you see on Halo 4's maps (Abandon and Solace especially). There are mostly columns here and there supporting the buildings, but overall simple geometry.

I'm not sure when this map was shown, this is my first time seeing the map. I love its look, but I can't comment much on how it'll play since halo 5 was played on it. I hope it'll play okay on Halo 5 vToggle

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but it was in the Beta and it sucked (although probably the best map of a handful of shitty maps we saw).

Agreed on the geometry piece, however.

Practice your syncing and flow first, by far the most important thing. Don't oversaturate your CC and do effects once you know you've ironed out all the fundamentals. 

Theater + angles help 10x so I won't hold you accountable for that.

That was a big challenge for me. Syncing without angles was a pain.

I thought the h2a textures were more real and less bland, the forge maps in 5 are all one color, in h2a it's possible to have maps that look totally different.

Don't know if this is the right section to post this, but check out my 10min Halo 5 Dualtage.

Loved it. I miss the beta. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely.

They should keep "classic" sets fully available still. Like Ghost/Banshee/Wraith/Warthog/Scorpion. All the "expanded" sets are butts.

I dunno about you but I find those 'random booster' Halo Megabloks fun. I want these full customization figures to appear in boosters, sooner than later.

>_> Hush, they make great desktop toys...

I thought the h2a textures were more real and less bland, the forge maps in 5 are all one color, in h2a it's possible to have maps that look totally different.

Actually there are more possibilities in H5 than in H2A. All the variety that H2A offers like rocks, glass, metal and grass is almost unusable due to framerate issues that they cause.

In H5 it seems that you can color both the primary and secondary color of the object, thus adding the possibility for a lot more color in a map.

Actually there are more possibilities in H5 than in H2A. All the variety that H2A offers like rocks, glass, metal and grass is almost unusable due to framerate issues that they cause.

In H5 it seems that you can color both the primary and secondary color of the object, thus adding the possibility for a lot more color in a map.

I never had any frame rate issues in h2a, though I'm aware of it, as for h5, I don't think we have enough info to judge it, I just thought the maps shown were pretty bland aside from the landscape, which looked like it could be changed which is cool.

I never had any frame rate issues in h2a, though I'm aware of it, as for h5, I don't think we have enough info to judge it, I just thought the maps shown were pretty bland aside from the landscape, which looked like it could be changed which is cool.

Keep in mind that the Breakout maps were created in Forge.

Keep in mind that the Breakout maps were created in Forge.

true, but the breakout maps will all likely look the same, we really don't know anything significant about the basic canvas.

true, but the breakout maps will all likely look the same, we really don't know anything significant about the basic canvas.

It's going to take a lot to make it so the Breakout maps don't all look the same. Hopefully we get more options than just item color to really help signify different areas of the map. Hell, hopefully we get the full set of items and we aren't just stuck with specific items per map. It might look weird in some cases, but I'm all for having more options when it comes to being creative.

Breakout isn't exclusive to that one Forge canvas (well, to my knowledge at least), so they won't look exactly the same.