CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think I played the Halo 3 BETA at least 5 hours a day and the Halo 5 BETA 5 hours total. Makes sense.

Me too. The carbine in the beta was master race. So much fun.

Or it could also be a difference in how stats were tracked. For instance, when Halo 3 stats were tracked, the hours might have been counted per individual person whereas Halo 5's time was calculated per total games and the time elapsed within it.

E.G. one game of 4v4, 10 minute TS could be calculated as 10 or 80 minutes (if we track that each 8 individual players spent 10 minutes in the game)

Stats put like this mean nothing side-to-side. There were also many inaccurate comparisons between Halo 3 and Reach populations because of how the two games didn't track player count the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the H3 beta fan-base was basically the H2 fan-base which was probably the sweatiest console shooter community in history. #H2masterrace #MiddyFFAallday #GoldenWarthogEnthusiast

• Upvote (+1) 3

Or it could also be a difference in how stats were tracked. For instance, when Halo 3 stats were tracked, the hours might have been counted per individual person whereas Halo 5's time was calculated per total games and the time elapsed within it.

E.G. one game of 4v4, 10 minute TS could be calculated as 10 or 80 minutes (if we track that each 8 individual players spent 10 minutes in the game)

Stats put like this mean nothing side-to-side. There were also many inaccurate comparisons between Halo 3 and Reach populations because of how the two games didn't track player count the same.

OR Halo 5 just sucks and stats are true.

• Upvote (+1) 4

halo 5 sucks is a bit strong, it has potential, more than reach or 4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Added nugget:

For those that want to say it's a new system, Xbox One sold 10 million by its first year. By the time Halo 3 came out, there were only 9.3 million Xbox 360's sold.

ALSO, people had to go out of their way to buy Crackdown to get into the Halo 3 beta. H5G Beta came with MCC, something a lot of Halo players were going to purchase anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 5

halo 5 sucks is a bit strong, it has potential, more than reach or 4

Reach was a better game than H5. That's coming from someone who fucking despises Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 6

To be honest, I stopped playing MCC because of the bugs giving it random chances and didnt sell it hoping it would get fixed as it still sits there on my table, then H5 beta came out and I decided to play again.

Im sure plenty of people did the same because it was new.

The fact still stands that h3 beta numbers yeilded longer sessions of playtime, and the halo 3 beta was from owning crackdown, not a game built for halo fans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be honest, I stopped playing MCC because of the bugs giving it random chances and didnt sell it hoping it would get fixed as it still sits there on my table, then H5 beta came out and I decided to play again.

Im sure plenty of people did the same because it was new.

The fact still stands that h3 beta numbers yeilded longer sessions of playtime, and the halo 3 beta was from owning crackdown, not a game built for halo fans.

At least Crackdown worked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Reach was a better game than H5. That's coming from someone who fucking despises Reach.

I really really disliked Vanilla Reach, however you could notice a lot of good things about the game compared to H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank god you posted this. I was sitting there thinking that the H5 beta probably couldn't stack up against previous Halo betas and here it is. People don't like H5 nearly as much as they liked H3. H3 wasn't even that large by today's standards. H5 is toast at this rate.

I hate 343, but the amount of negativity in this forum is ridiculous. I see some constructive comments but mostly just crying. Do I like sprint? Nope. Not at all. I hate it. But who honestly can sit there and say they aren't happy with any of the changes?

Me.

Why do you think I should be happy with any of them when game breakers like sprint are in?

Why should I like sprint nerfed when the game can be better -much better- without it?

Why is it difficult for you to appreciate the love for classic halo in mourning? If MCC actually worked as advertised we would all be singing 343's praise with out giving one thought to how bad they were driving the population away from their halo.

Why are you of the mindset that we should think like you?

At all?

Sure.

I, for one, grinded the beta for a solid day and had 3 months' worth of updates to provide in feedback so I kinda dropped it there and kept up via Twitch, so these statistics are accurate to (and representative of) me. I can't have passed the 50 total game count.

I don't think the game sucks, it just shouldn't have sprint, flinch and smart scope on automatics... the rest could be worked out from there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we should instead support the slow death of a franchise a lot of us grew up on? Should we pat 343 on the back and tell them "not bad, maybe you'll get it right next time, oh well"? Should we not display strong passion and love for Halo and fight for the game we love? Should we just enjoy the core of Halo being ripped to shreds and replaced by the generic moldings of the modern fps? Should we not stand up against a developer that is hell bent on turning Halo into a game it isn't? Should we just accept any and everything they put in the game, because "next-gen" bro or "that game has *insert feature* so halo should have it to compete"? 

Damn...what a community we are for loving Halo so much. If only we were as passive as the fans of other games that accepted changes to the core experience of their fav. games...wait....I can't think of any fan-base that accepted such things. Damn, you must hate a lot of gaming communities. 

i'm just talking about the hate it's not going to get anyone anywhere, strong passion and love for Halo is awesome but when it gets to point where people just shit talk 343 what's that going to help.  

constructively criticizing 343 for there fuckup and/or what needs improving are changed should never stop. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

i'm just talking about the hate it's not going to get anyone anywhere, strong passion and love  for halo is awesome but when it get to the point where people just shit talk 343 what's that going to help.   

I mean sure there are people that will blatanly just discredit a company that will always happen, its video games it isnt a super polite world.

The passion turns into irritation when our stats and passion to have it succeed long term doesnt even register to them, theyre just gonna sell it and let it die basically, then make a new one. I for one do not want to see the game ive dedicated portions of my life into become a whored out money disk.