CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Besides those laughs they gave the competitive community most of what they wanted. Sprint apparently will get nerfed a bit. Deal with it. Sprint is not going anywhere so now is time to accept it and get over it.

I will deal with it and get over it by not buying halo 5, like a lot of people

To me there was pure comedy in the first paragraph of this update "Putting a work-in-progress game out in the wild this early was a leap of faith, and something new for our studio."

Besides those laughs they gave the competitive community most of what they wanted.  Sprint apparently will get nerfed a bit.  Deal with it.  Sprint is not going anywhere so now is time to accept it and get over it.

Or I could get off this train that only leads to destruction and play CS:GO

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or I could get off this train that only leads to destruction and play CS:GO

Good choice at least that game has a future.

IN THE LIGHT OF RECENT EVENTS, INCLUDING THE BLASPHEMOUS BLOG POST BY JOSH HOLMES WE NEED ANOTHER BOMB PLANTED SHOW!!!!!!! 

@@Saucey @@CyReN @@Cursed Lemon

;)

Sorry, did I just hint at something.

Why not just show all the survey data for all of the answers? Specifically, I want to see again the options they had for whether Sprint should stay in Halo or not. There were literally like five choices . . . I bet the "YES SPRINT BELONGS IN HALO" was a nearly identical percentage.  

It should have been, we are developing the game without Sprint to cater to the small percentage who believe Sprint is fundamental to Halo, we'll be adding a toggle option for them to play in their forge/custom games. 

"nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint"

"Despite the fact that the intro and victory sequences in particular seemed to be universally loved by Halo bros"

"average amount of Halo played per HCFP participant clocking in at over 900 hours"

"ADS creates a more natural feel and reinforces the connection between Spartans and their weapons"

come on now 343, for real?

I think this is the majority of players reaction to reading that blog, definitely mine at least.

cl7Ut6e.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well at least now we can be confident that the competitive community has been alienated once again. Rip out-of-the-box competitiveness.

So people are upset that sprint hasn't been removed? Again? Are you guys seriously that delusional? I understand being upset over the way he tried to explain how everyone loves sprint (save 11 percent lol) but you have been through this sprint ordeal more than enough times to know it won't be removed.

Step in the right direction with the base player movement speed and strafe but no explanation as to how thruster will be changed is worrying for me.

• Downvote (-1) 1

>Implying we care about cinematic flare in a multiplayer meta

>Pulls the Wikipedia-Response to tell us we're biased

>Suspicious Pie Chart that took two and a half weeks to post online

Yep. Education connection.

>Halo jumps to the generic shooter wagon

>A wild Treyarch appears

>Makes a WW2 themed Cod which has elements from Cod 2 and 3 

>Basic game play with awesome additions such as well designed maps and good, simple gun play (dat M1 Garand)

>Lots of content and varied environments (Pearl Harbor, Vietnam etc.)  

>Dev. support with tournaments and weekly cups

>All the other well thought additions 

>Meanwhile steady 12k population in H5

>Looks at Cod: 12 million 

>Treyarch, you clever bastards

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats a bold statement to make when we havent seen how fast the increased movement speed is and how slow sprint is now. I don't think you can make that claim just yet, but I do agree, in theory, this makes sense. 

Remember the Halo 3 competitive speed boost? 

That did jack shit. It was barely even noticeable. 

>Halo jumps to the generic shooter wagon

>A wild Treyarch appears

>Makes a WW2 themed Cod which has elements from Cod 2 and 3

>Basic game play with awesome additions such as well designed maps and good, simple gun play (dat M1 Garand)

>Lots of content and varied environments (Pearl Harbor, Vietnam etc.)

>Dev. support with tournaments and weekly cups

>All the other well thought additions

>Meanwhile steady 12k population in H5

>Looks at Cod: 12 million

>Treyarch, you clever bastards

If they make a WW2 cod then it's game over

I would play the HELL out of that, and im sure a lot of other people would too

A few things come to mind:

-I would like to see how the game plays with these changes made. (Not by journalists ofcourse)

-The HCS settings will be made by 343. If they wanna keep claiming it's a competitive game they can't take sprint out for seperate competitive settings.

-I would imagine maps wouldn't be that big of an issue because in the beta playing without sprint worked relatively well.

-ADS staying in the game was to be expected but still...

Overall the way things are looking now I will be moving on to CS GO (or MCC if it is ever functional) for now. I will still keep an eye out for any gameplay of the changes but at this point ill be buying it used for the campaign at some point after launch.

Why are people defending the 11% stat acting as if the survey wasn't complete bs? What was asked if Sprint was the person's #1 concern and then you were asked if you liked sprint, and that was even bs since there were 4 or so options. How many options lead to that 11%? Why wasn't "Do you like Sprint?" asked for all instead of only those who had it at their #1 concern? It was a bullshit survey to force a misleading statistic.

I know for a fact the servery was a set up. There was a question on the servery that asked something about sprint and I was on the fence about the answer so I pick the middle witch is more less undecided. So the servery did not take me to the question I saw every one else get about sprint. It skipped it entirely. So basically the servery would give people different questions based on their previous answers. 

I came here expecting at least some people to be happy about things like being able to disable sprint (even if it does "split the community") but I guess not.

Because Beyond is such a narrow-minded toxic community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

this shit is hilarious to me, i dont like sprint, and it shouldnt be in halo, but sprint probably was probably the LEAST of H4's problems that caused this decline

I know COD came out a week after halo 4 but losing 200k players in a week is crazy

Because Beyond is such a narrow-minded toxic community.

That's not true tm22

You just don't understand the implications of keeping sprint in the vanilla game when it comes to competitive multiplayer

Sprint will be in the HCS

Also ADS is garbage

"nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint"

"Despite the fact that the intro and victory sequences in particular seemed to be universally loved by Halo bros"

"average amount of Halo played per HCFP participant clocking in at over 900 hours"

"ADS creates a more natural feel and reinforces the connection between Spartans and their weapons"

come on now 343, for real?

I think this is the majority or players reaction to reading that blog.

cl7Ut6e.gif

I could not believe what I was reading either lol.  These people are delusional and wont do the right thing no matter how much logic and statistics you throw at them to prove they are wrong. Thank god I still have Toxikk and UT4 or I might of just given up hope on comp FPS gaming. I sincerely apologize to all who will inevitably have to deal with this shitstorm for another installment. I have NEVER seen anything like it in my life and some of the devs at 343 should honestly be fired for incompetence.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's not true tm22

You just don't understand the implications of keeping sprint in the vanilla game when it comes to competitive multiplayer

Also ADS is garbage

How much has 343 catered to the MLG scene already with the exception of sprint? What about eeevvveerryytthhiinngg else they've done to try and keep it as competitive as possible? What makes you think 343 won't change how HCS is run after the majority of the population will go with no-sprint? When all of the pros start playing no-sprint and the community will flock to classic playlists I'm optimistic that 343 will go with no-sprint for HCS after the first few months

Wait I just read the whole thing....

11 FUCKING PERCENT FELT SPRINT DOES NOT BELONG IN HALO??

WHAT IN FUCKING TYPE OF BULL SHIT IS THAT! THAT IS THE BIGGEST LIE IS HALO HISTORY. THIS IS OUT FUCKING RAGEOUS!!

This is fucking it....

Upper levels of beyond need a serious meet and talk about this forums future.

As someone pointed out, in the survey there was a "Yes" and a "No" option, but like 3-4 other gray area options including ones like "I don't think sprint is necessary to Halo." That 11% number is probably true, of the people who flat out picked No. I know it isn't the correct percentage of people who are opposed to sprint in general, or don't care if it is in or isn't in.

What I want them to show us is the percentage of players who said YES sprint belongs in Halo. I bet it's around 2%.

To the original question at hand the only way I can see me purchasing this game now is something even more radical than sprint's removal: the removal of the BR/DMR's and changing the pistol to a 3 shot kill to deal with the easy escapes (or maybe the BR becoming a 3 shot kill, whichever, I just like the magnum lol). Halo 5 would benefit so much from a kill time as fast as CE's pistol with all the cover, sprint, thrusters, and obviously shields.

The reason Reach and 4's population declined was not the addition of abilities. It was the specific abilities themselves. They added frustrating components to the game and it made the game more infuriating to play than actually using said ability was fun. A much smaller percentage of people here would oppose H5 if they added charge and slide only. These are mechanics that really don't affect the game in a frustrating way like Armor Lock / Sprint / Jet Packs and now the thruster/sprint combo of escaping battle. 

You add things that give playing the game more negative stress and frustration to the mix and people just stop playing. A 3 shot pistol with minimal aim assist, or hell even a 3 shot BR would force fights instead of allowing for easy escapes. I'm just too old school for the new generation of consoles and after reading this blog I'm retiring my xbox one to be a blu ray player only until MCC is fixed, if it ever is.

EDIT: a word

That's not true tm22

Also ADS is garbage

Sprint and thruster pack is the reason why Halo 5 plays so bad. Every time you get first shot on someone you already know what their first reaction is going to be (thruster and sprint away into cover). It's an awful game mechanic and I'm sick and tired of watching my opponent just thrust away when I shoot them. 

Are people still trying too use the argument that not having Sprint will alienate casual players they don't give a shit if that was the case H2A which doesn't have Sprint wouldn't be getting a decent amount of views for tournaments.

People seem to think that if default modes have sprint and HCS doesn't...that will be some type of DRASTIC change for players wanting to take a dive into HCS. It's not a drastic change whatsoever.

If HCS removes sprint...it will be fine.

What will make the game different is if the following occurs:

1. Starting weapon becomes BR only, no secondary.

2. Weapons on map are limited to precision-based weapons and some cqc weapons like shotguns, no full-autos at all, no sword, etc.

3. Powerups get limited like they were in Halo 3, one at the most on the maps, if any at all.

4. With limited weapons in the HCS sandbox...actual weapon placement including power weapons changes from vanilla.

5. If spartan abilities get turned off, whether it's all of them or specific ones

Do I need to keep going? Sprint is the least of our worries folks.

What's going to make the alienate HCS is if all the other shit besides sprint gets completely changed from vanilla...then we've got problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1