CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

10k is being generous too.  maybe at its "peak" its 10-12k - but the average is far lower, more in the 5-8k ballpark would be my assessment.

I forgot to add "peak". That's what I originally meant. 

We still could have a classic playlist or with enough bitching the Arena playlist could be no sprint with BTB having sprint. 

People always give us shit for complaining, we just don't want to be the 11% still playing come March post release.

Exactly. Those same ppl also don't have the same passion we have for this series, clearly. 

We still could have a classic playlist or with enough bitching the Arena playlist could be no sprint with BTB having sprint. 

Arena is the smaller sized matches (2v2, 4v4, 5v5), it's not a playlist but a collection of playlists under that banner. We will get a classic playlist that's 4v4/5v5, meanwhile the rest of the game has sprint and all the other features. 

Slide and shoulder charge are features of zero consequence, though. 

What I'm saying is that H5 doesn't really get better when you take sprint out, it just gets different. 

They are just clutter, I agree.   

I think the game would be better from the basic standpoint of: people will now die when they push into a stupid spot (hopefully).

They are just clutter, I agree.   

I think the game would be better from the basic standpoint of: people will now die when they push into a stupid spot (hopefully). 

But here's the problem (or A problem). Now, instead of being able to traverse those open areas with a cheap mechanic...you CAN'T get across those open areas, period.

There are so many nuances to a mechanic like sprint, people are getting so tunnel-sighted about it that it makes me insane. 

I dont want a halo 2.5

I just want a game that is about controlling the map, weapons and teamwork in the style like halo 1,2,3

No sprint, no armor abilities, no bullshit

Is that too much to ask?

I think that's what we all want (at least here) but the reality is 343 can probably sell more copies of whatever else they want to produce. Fine by me I guess, at least it's fun this time.

• Downvote (-1) 2

In fairness, he said they know how to make good maps, not that they make nothing but good maps. I'm not here to act like Bungie is amazing, but if this guy's personal opinion is that they are still better than 343 then I can't see a problem with that. You were so quick to remind me that everyone has their opinions when I made a post simply expressing my surprise at people thinking Halo 3 is a 100% terrible Halo game, so perhaps show the same kind of understanding when it comes to this guy's opinions on Bungie.

Bungie of old might have understood how to make good maps but the Reach team?

Nope.

The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint. It is important that we continue to evolve Halo multiplayer while ensuring that legacy Halo players feel right at home.

ObFnbQh.png

Sure as hell looks like 11% to me. Oh, and that evolution sure is doing Halo real good, right Josh?

Bungie of old might have understood how to make good maps but the Reach team?

Nope.

not a single good map (for me) in reach... not one. 

ObFnbQh.png

Sure as hell looks like 11% to me. Oh, and that evolution sure is doing Halo real good, right Josh?

this shit is hilarious to me, i dont like sprint, and it shouldnt be in halo, but sprint probably was probably the LEAST of H4's problems that caused this decline

I vote yes for a Bomb Planted

I agree, I would like to watch a new Bomb Planted episode that goes over the new Halo 5 updates right about now.

But here's the problem (or A problem). Now, instead of being able to traverse those open areas with a cheap mechanic...you CAN'T get across those open areas, period.

There are so many nuances to a mechanic like sprint, people are getting so tunnel-sighted about it that it makes me insane. 

Base speed increase?  :weback:  

Thats a bold statement to make when we havent seen how fast the increased movement speed is and how slow sprint is now. I don't think you can make that claim just yet, but I do agree, in theory, this makes sense. 

Ah yes, the communities vote for one of two options when most of their opinions lie in between - what a great poll. If I only had two options I'd vote no sprint too, but given three options (introducing an "I don't care" option) would allow me to say that I actually don't really care - so those polls are shit.

Ah yes, the one of two options that distinctly say, Should sprint stay in Halo?

If your answer lies "in-between" then that means yes and they should've given a reason why.

You completely contradicted yourself. I don't even know what you're talking about "in-between" you either don't think it should be in, or you think it should be in.. How it's "balanced" is irrelevant. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. If you want and "I don't care" option, simply don't vote.

this shit is hilarious to me, i dont like sprint, and it shouldnt be in halo, but sprint probably was probably the LEAST of H4's problems that caused this decline

I also implied this so called 'evolution' is also playing a role in general. Either way 3v4i's formula/direction is fucking awful, and there are stats to prove it. Halo 5 is an obvious sequel to their first abomination.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I suspected that this 'beta' was the final build and that nothing much would change. It was a bummer to have that confirmed. We sure 'shaped' Halo....by adjusting things we could already adjust....

To me there was pure comedy in the first paragraph of this update "Putting a work-in-progress game out in the wild this early was a leap of faith, and something new for our studio."

Besides those laughs they gave the competitive community most of what they wanted.  Sprint apparently will get nerfed a bit.  Deal with it.  Sprint is not going anywhere so now is time to accept it and get over it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think it's a way to hype the game, and show that they're somewhat listening to the feedback given. I know I won't be buying it, but will pick it up pre-owned a month or two down the line for the campaign. I'll stick to playing MCC (hoping it's fixed by that time).

Its over. Iv'e lost all hope. All this company does is stupid game design, there's no heart in it, its just a Halo game with no real commitment or heart put into it. This company doesn't care about Halo's Legacy or future all they care about is their paycheck. Never thought the day would come when i said it. I'm not buying Halo 5. Even for the story this company doesn't deserve my money they don't deserve rewards, they don't deserve the right to the game that was King from 2001-2010. Screw 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1