CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The Halo 5 beta is primarily a marketing tool, just like every other beta. I'd honestly be surprised if any major core mechanics are changed as a result of player feedback.

yeah that's my thoughts on the beta as well, however I doubt no changes would be made at all, I just did some research and reach's beta was in May and the full game launched in September (4 months later) so I guess the comparison between that and this is kind of far so I would at least expect them to improve things like MM (servers, ranking system, progression system, playlists, etc) and balancing (weapons and vehicles and perhaps other things like melee's and grenades) so I wouldn't necessarily say that it will do nothing, but no it won't make a bad game into jesus by any stretch of the imagination.

Halo 5 is going to have sprint so tbh this beta is going to be pointless.

No amount of balancing will make sprint work in Halo.

that's like saying because x is unbalanced thus the entire game will be unbalanced so why bother having a beta, its just incredibly simple minded is all.

that's like saying because x is unbalanced thus the entire game will be unbalanced so why bother having a beta, its just incredibly simple minded is all.

Doesn't matter if EVERYTHING is perfectly balance if (it will) Halo 5 sprint it will not be a good game.

Sprint in Halo will never work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't matter if EVERYTHING is perfectly balance if (it will) Halo 5 sprint it will not be a good game.

Sprint in Halo will never work.

what about (and I know this will sound crazy) if someone were to lets say "mod" if you would the game and disable sprint? hell what if 343i just has an epiphany and decides to remove sprint entirely? I mean this sprint doomsday stuff I keep hearing has really gotten out of hand, sprint is just one (of many) mechanics in a game like halo, sure it sucks and everything but to say that everything is dad and all that other nonsense is just too extreme for my taste.

Well if arena game play is what they are putting into beta I can only conclude they feel it is critical to get that part of halo 5 fleshed out and they have the least confidence in doing so on their own than any other part of the game.

ymURZEU.jpg

Let's keep this in one thread, everything goes live on Monday at 9pm PT/Tuesday at 12am EST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4s Br weapon model was to close to the screen in my opinion. I like halo 1-reach's FOV a lot. I think it made Halo 4 feel clunky.

Any other opinions?

85+ or its crap. I want developers to stop hindering FoV and frame rates so that they can get that magical texture on the floor. News flash: If it plays like shit it doesn't matter how pretty it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

90 would be good.

I would also like to see the reticule be moved back to the center of the screen like every other FPS is the world, as well as gun models that are unobtrusive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ALL HAIL HALO CE IN ALL ITS GREATNESS.

I mean, having the Magnum as the utility weapon helped your FoV because it was small. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anything less then mid 80's is unacceptable. It'll likely be 60ish. 

Sadly this. I play most PC fps at 105, so especially later Halos just make me sad.

I just wish they would have kept CE fov for all games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You really think they would come out and say "Yup, you got us, we slipped up, that's the H5 release date."? Of course they are going to deny it. It might be a coincidence or it might not be, who knows, who cares.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What was the actual rumour? I haven't heard it.

That the number behind strong side and bravo was a countdown to when Halo 5 is meant to release.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would think with a countdown number it would be to their "Gold Date" and not the actual game releasing. Could e true, just don't think there's enough there.

All I'm saying is that Frankie has blatantly lied to us before to hide things after they're leaked.

I don't think this is an official release date, but it is the one they're aiming for. It even falls on a Tuesday.

I don't understand why everyone is like oh my god the date.  Isn't this the time frame that it is supposed to get released?  It is not like we are expecting a Spring launch of Halo 5...  And it won't be December either, so November would be the last month possible for Halo 5 launch.

Yeah that's some sort of finalized date for Halo 5. There's no reason why a video game company would have a giant red-digital clock just hanging up in their building.