CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are people aware of this lol?

is there something wrong with what Quinn said? I think he's just pointing out the persons contradicting opinions.

is there something wrong with what Quinn said? I think he's just pointing out the persons contradicting opinions.

Am I confused or something? is he not saying a true halo fan wouldn't love ADS? Even though it's in Halo 5 lol

Am I confused or something? is he not saying a true halo fan wouldn't love ADS? Even though it's in Halo 5 lol

he is saying that a true fan wouldn't like it, but he probably holds a more strict opinion on ads, which is why smart scope has at least a few differences from traditional ads in h5. I mean I consider it ads because the player is literally aiming down the sight, and there is an accuracy buff, but he can say ads is what I just said, but with unusable hipfire, movement penalty, peripheral vision blur etc, and he wouldn't be technically wrong. Of course, he may have been convinced that the ads in h5 doesn't work based on feedback, which would be nice, although I doubt it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

he is saying that a true fan wouldn't like it, but he probably holds a more strict opinion on ads, which is why smart scope has at least a few differences from traditional ads in h5. I mean I consider it ads because the player is literally aiming down the sight, and there is an accuracy buff, but he can say ads is what I just said, but with unusable hipfire, movement penalty, peripheral vision blur etc, and he wouldn't be technically wrong. Of course, he may have been convinced that the ads in h5 doesn't work based on feedback, which would be nice, although I doubt it.

Or he simply dunn goofed

Did you guys read the whole convo? its pretty fucked up

b37bc5ef97.png

c3c02a41df.png

fyi CannonPhoto2009 said this 

621c6c18b1.png

quinn is legit being an asshole lol

Wait, is Quinn being towards Josh or Canon? I'm confused over this convers.

Did you guys read the whole convo? its pretty fucked up

c3c02a41df.png

fyi CannonPhoto2009 said this 

621c6c18b1.png

quinn is legit being an asshole lol

Accidentally upvoted you. That's not everything canonphoto2009 said lol, did u not read the reddit link? The best thing is Quinn doesn't associate ADS with being a true halo fan and it's in Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Accidentally upvoted you. That's not everything canonphoto2009 said lol, did u not read the reddit link? The best thing is Quinn doesn't associate ADS with being a true halo fan and it's in Halo 5. 

You're right, i did miss some of the stuff he posted. Of course he bullshits, like the r/halo riding 343 comment, but I agree with other things he says.

Also, the guy sying CSR was great, smh.... Was brought in way too late and was poorly implemented, its was trash imo.

but quinn and 343 co do not consider the halo 5 an ADS. it is a smart scope.

to be fair, it isn't true ads, there isn't a movement penalty, vision blur, hipfire penalty etc. IMO h5s smart scope is a form of ads, but it doesn't go all the way, though I still don't like it.

The market isnt the same as it was in 2007, so sales/population from the original trilogy are meaningless. Unless we get another dramatic shift in the market (like Cod did last gen) this trend is going to continue. With Halo being a flagship title for Xbox, I doubt 343 are going to take a risk and try to be the team that breaks this trend.

By saying the market isn't the same anymore, you're pretty much saying that people don't want to play Halo anymore. I strongly disagree. Halo 2 and 3 were both absolutely huge, not only in terms of sales but longevity of their popularity. Halo Reach and especially Halo 4 both nosedived in popularity. Millions of people moved on from Halo, not because they lost the desire to play Halo, but because Halo was no longer Halo, as a result of armor abilities and others gimmicks which stripped the fun, balanced, competitive, and addictive gameplay that was featured in Halo 2 and 3.

At this point, I don't think 343 has anything to lose by giving us a genuine Halo title without armor abilities and other gimmicks that Halo players clearly don't want as evidenced by the huge population drop-off in both Halo Reach and Halo 4. Halo 5 is destined for failure as it's shaping up to be Halo 4 v2, just replacing gimmicks with more gimmicks. How many Halo titles need to fail until 343 gets it through their thick heads that we just want real Halo back?

so much irony in that twitter discussion, especially on quinn's part

ummm...what beta did you play?

Every Halo had the same mechanic, it's called Scope.

If you zoom in, your shots are going to be more precise. It's always been like that, we can argue if it should be possible to Scope with Autos, but that's a different matter.

EDIT: I'm not talking about guns that shoot exacly in the centre of your reticle like the BR or the Sniper! H2A Silenced SMG/ODST's SMG for example would be more precise while scoping since the bullets can land anywere inside the reticle.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

If you zoom in, your shots are going to be more precise. It's always been like that, we can argue if it should be possible to Scope with Autos, but that's a different matter.

Huh?

Scoping in never made your shots more accurate.

to be fair, it isn't true ads, there isn't a movement penalty, vision blur, hipfire penalty etc. IMO h5s smart scope is a form of ads, but it doesn't go all the way, though I still don't like it.

confused.gif

Wow, people are defending a bastardized version of scoping that LITERALLY DESTROYS THE LORE and is a poor man's ADS visually. I AM MEDIUM RARE DONE

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't remember that. got some proof buddy?