CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the percentage of halo fans that like smart scope has to be a small number.

the percentage of halo fans that like Halo 5 has to be a small number.

I completed the survey. I just answered honestly and if they use a certain question for selection bias, then oh well. 

the percentage of halo fans that like smart scope has to be a small number.

Smaller than the pro-sprint brigade at least. 

That new survey asks a lot of good questions, but some of them are really specific and don't give you a chance to show the way you actually like to use something in halo multiplayer.

Question, did Halo 5 have a lot of aim assist just like H2A? I never played the beta

Not as much. I'd compare it to 3 or maybe a little less. But I only played 3 games 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not as much. I'd compare it to 3 or maybe a little less. But I only played 3 games 

That's good to know, H2A is just so frustrating when literally anyone can hit all there shots.

Question, did Halo 5 have a lot of aim assist just like H2A? I never played the beta.

There wasn't a lot of reticle dragging, but bullets would curve and you'd hit shots your reticle wasn't even pointed at.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question, did Halo 5 have a lot of aim assist just like H2A? I never played the beta.

Less sticky aim but it has still a lot of bullet magnetism.

The BR is the easiest of the precision weapons to use. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone here familiar with how these kind of surveys are evaluated? I would love to know more details on how these kind of things are utilized. I highly doubt that there is someone at 343 dedicated to reading through all of them. I'd imagine they'd use some sort of median for all of these rate from 1-5 questions. Would be interesting to know whether they read all of the parts that include writing some form of text.

Either way, I really enjoy doing these and I hope that 343 will do a lot more.

Is anyone here familiar with how these kind of surveys are evaluated? I would love to know more details on how these kind of things are utilized. I highly doubt that there is someone at 343 dedicated to reading through all of them. I'd imagine they'd use some sort of median for all of these rate from 1-5 questions. Would be interesting to know whether they read all of the parts that include writing some form of text.

Either way, I really enjoy doing these and I hope that 343 will do a lot more.

I'm pretty sure the Community Manager, Bravo, with his team, reads all the feedback once the surveys are finished and they pass it in a formal letter to the higher ranks of 343. Or at least that's my guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wow....the waypointers are waking up. That's a great post. I like that guy...

thats my post. So thank you, but I'm sad that nobody's commenting on it. There are other threads that talk about the flaws as well though, one has over 1000 comments.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't want to sound like a pessimists, but even if Halo 5 does remove sprint (which will be a huge improvement), it still has a long way to go. ADS, power of spray weapons, and thrusters are large problems. If they take out Sprint, it's okay to compliment 343 for finally making a Halo game, but that doesn't mean everything else is acceptable.

if 343 removes sprint, they are probably willing to fix just about everything else. They can fix the aiming, and thrusters can be retooled easily.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

if 343 removes sprint, they are probably willing to fix just about everything else. They can fix the aiming, and thrusters can be retooled easily.

Last year, we assumed that they'll never dare add ADS. Never assume anything with this company.

• Upvote (+1) 5

thats my post. So thank you, but I'm sad that nobody's commenting on it. There are other threads that talk about the flaws as well though, one has over 1000 comments.

Oh hey dude. I remember you from the days when I was on Waypoint. That's a cool thread with some good suggestions.

Last year, we assumed that they'll never dare add ADS. Never assume anything with this company.

Bro it makes you feel like a SPARTUN even though it breaks the Lore in every way possible

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm pretty sure the Community Manager, Bravo, with his team, reads all the feedback once the surveys are finished and they pass it in a formal letter to the higher ranks of 343. Or at least that's my guess.

I doubt that.. I think they cherry pick the results they like and don't bother with the rest. How many surveys do they need to create? As many as it takes until they get the answers they are hoping for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt that.. I think they cherry pick the results they like and don't bother with the rest. How many surveys do they need to create? As many as it takes until they get the answers they are hoping for.

[insert selection bias tweet here.]

Idunno, is kind of weird how they basically asked you if you fall into the camp that currently approves of the franchise or not. 

Conspiracy theorist in me says they are trying to filter the answers.

[insert selection bias tweet here.]

Idunno, is kind of weird how they basically asked you if you fall into the camp that currently approves of the franchise or not.

Conspiracy theorist in me says they are trying to filter the answers.

You may not be able to say what is in the survey but would you recommend the survey to someone like myself that would enjoy answering questions in the affirmative like "should 343 be let go?" Or "do you feel halo is in the worst possible hands?"

Isn't this the second survey in as many months ?

And can someone who took both surveys tell us without saying what was on it were the questions basically the same?

• Upvote (+1) 1