CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What the hell is this? That's like saying your average soccer player is a better athlete than your average basketball player.

It's more like saying your average basketball player is better than your average soccer player at throwing a ball into a hoop

And even if he's wrong and console players were destroying PC players, it still doesn't discount the severe artificial limitations put on Shadowrun PC and H2 Vista

A) The maximum turn rate cap prevented players from whipping their mouse 6 inches or what have you to quickly turn a 180

B) Both games had absurd amounts of mouse acceleration and no way to turn it off, meaning small back and forth mouse motions gradually shifting to the right will turn you much less than simply moving to the right in one continuous motion

The absurd amounts of accel could be manageable with enough practice but the turn rate cap was the absolute death nail for the PC version, the game was universally panned by every audience. The entire game was designed to appeal to Counterstrike fans and a few of them picked it up at launch and immediately told everyone the game's a waste of money. Even Casual FPS communities like Battlefield were disgusted by it.

It's more like saying your average basketball player is better than your average soccer player at throwing a ball into a hoop

And even if he's wrong and console players were destroying PC players, it still doesn't discount the severe artificial limitations put on Shadowrun PC and H2 Vista

A) The maximum turn rate cap prevented players from whipping their mouse 6 inches or what have you to quickly turn a 180

B) Both games had absurd amounts of mouse acceleration and no way to turn it off, meaning small back and forth mouse motions gradually shifting to the right will turn you much less than simply moving to the right in one continuous motion

The absurd amounts of accel could be manageable with enough practice but the turn rate cap was the absolute death nail for the PC version, the game was universally panned by every audience. The entire game was designed to appeal to Counterstrike fans and a few of them picked it up at launch and immediately told everyone the game's a waste of money. Even Casual FPS communities like Battlefield were disgusted by it.

Which is such a shame because they decided to write off a game within what I assume is the first couple months when the game was played just flat-out inefficiently. If they decided to wait the game out and see it's potential they could have enjoyed arguably one of the deepest shooters ever made. Arguably deeper than CS, and definitely deeper than battlefield.

When was the last time you looked into those limitations? I believe people did indeed find a way around, and actually ended up finding ways to get Shadowrun to run on multiple different operating systems that it wasn't intended for. Those issues are definitely limiting for a PC player, but the game was designed with cross-platform in mind. I think most people just simply hear that but don't think about it. Like are PC guys so dense that they can't understand that a game designed to support cross platform play might have taken into consideration the fact that it's easier to play shooters with a mouse and keyboard?

The most annoying thing in my eyes about playing PC guys is the fact that they're game is running at way higher FPS than Xbox. There might be some footage up from some PC players where the frames give them advantages. Especially when it comes to anything involving teleport. They escape pretty much every situation easily.

and yes, console players did just edge out PC players in Shadowrun. I definitely suggest people at least look a little into their games before making their claims.

regardless though the PC community didn't stick it out and the xbox did. Sure there are still plenty of PC guys, but some of them like Luchos are just an embarrassment. Unfortunately the game has evolved SOOO much since the beginning that if there was some PC vs Xbox tournament, I just don't think there are PC guys out there that still stand a chance today against the best xbox guys. That's all just a matter of game experience though and not input method. 

Which is such a shame because they decided to write off a game within what I assume is the first couple months when the game was played just flat-out inefficiently. If they decided to wait the game out and see it's potential they could have enjoyed arguably one of the deepest shooters ever made. Arguably deeper than CS, and definitely deeper than battlefield.

Did you read a single thing that just came out of my keyboard?

The game had artificial limitations on mouse movement the hell does that have to do with the operating system

If you whip your mouse 6 inches in the span of 1/4 a second you end up in the same place you would if you slowly moved it 2 inches in the span of 1/4 a second

Can you not see how this completely gimps mouse movement in a way that no one is going to want to play it?

I guarantee you the only reason console players might have edged out PC players is that literally no one worth a damn in any PC fps played the game for more than 2 days

• Downvote (-1) 1

Did you read a single thing that just came out of my keyboard?

The game had artificial limitations on mouse movement the hell does that have to do with the operating system

If you whip your mouse 6 inches in the span of 1/4 a second you end up in the same place you would if you slowly moved it 2 inches in the span of 1/4 a second

Can you not see how this completely gimps mouse movement in a way that no one is going to want to play it?

I guarantee you the only reason console players might have edged out PC players is that literally no one worth a damn in any PC fps played the game for more than 2 days

Ok, then explain the artificial limitations on the mouse movement and how they worked. Not what they did, but how it was impossible to do anything about it.  Because there's some megathreads about solving A LOT of the issues on Shadowrun for PC. If I can find CptJackSparrow I'll see if I can get him to come to this thread. He seems to be the only PC guy who actually looks into Shadowrun. I mention the operating system because the game was supposed to be around the launch of Vista, and games with Windows Live, so they made it ONLY work for that operating system. I brought that up because the PC community did a lot to find ways around their bad times in Shadowrun.

Is that okay with you that I wrote that? As far as people writing off the game both casual and competitive, I still think it's a shame. I guess all the PC players that did enjoy the game are fucking idiots? All the boards are pretty much gone but If I can find JackSparrow it'll be great. If he was able to find work around for the issues you're talking about then that just sucks for you PC guys for missing out on a good game. I completely understand writing it off at launch and not looking back into it though. I did that with Halo Reach.

And your last line is just a typical line that any PC elitist would say. Do you have any knowledge of that? No of course not, but hey let's say it anyway right? Say that last line was right, how about explaining the 2-3 years of testing they did before hand? However, your last line is completely wrong, yet it's a song literally every PC player tries to sing despite literally knowing nothing about it.

Ok, then explain the artificial limitations on the mouse movement and how they worked. Not what they did, but how it was impossible to do anything about it.

I just did

Twice

Do I have to do it a third time?

There is a maximum degrees per second you can turn and it's baked directly into the mouse controls of the engine

There were no ini settings or anything to increase or override it (at least as of release)

In order to remove it you would have to modify the executable or something and if the game was maintained I'm sure that would be considered a cheat

How can you consider yourself an "FPS Guru" and dismiss this as mere PC elitism

Sk0ls H5 opinion video, figured Id toss it into the mix.

How is sk0ls not up there on the ranks of Lemon. I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the dudes been grinding for years and knows hit shit. Love his content

I still have not got this survey. Should I be worried? Then again, they won't get rid of Sprint, so not like it matters.

I still have not got this survey. Should I be worried? Then again, they won't get rid of Sprint, so not like it matters.

its probably best you dont get the survey

:P

How is sk0ls not up there on the ranks of Lemon. I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the dudes been grinding for years and knows hit shit. Love his content

he doesn't post here and he's not a ce lover.

and a supporter of halo2's wep spawn system.

he posts on thf a lot tho i think.

I also think he's good enough to place top 8 at any hcs event. (he will deny this though).

also someone post the damn survey

its probably best you dont get the survey

:P

It is not like I want H5 to be garbage. I want it to be good, and I want to have my say in things. Please don't be an ass.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is not like I want H5 to be garbage. I want it to be good, and I want to have my say in things. Please don't be an ass.

when you get the survey youll get the joke

when you get the survey youll get the joke

oh, that is if I get the damn survey anyways

inb4 on first page "we are keeping Sprint lol mad Halo players"

Survey was actually really good, hope they actually read it but I went hard against the paint against sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got my survey. Shocked they were so up front with asking about the sprint hate. Its all going in the trash though 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Survey was actually really good, hope they actually read it but I went hard against the paint against sprint.

Was there actually something involving sprint in there? Or can you even say?