CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

something i just realized.

CoD has crouch toggle on by default

halo 5 beta had crouch toggle on by default

just another thing to add to the list of ways they're trying to appeal to cod players.

are you serious right now?

I'd rather play Quake and Reflex. Toxikk seems too slow and clunky in comparison.

Reminds me of UT. and I hate how no one is using the advanced moves..

Quake and Reflex strafe jumping> Toixkk and UT's dodging.

Oh really? I love when people talk Shadowrun... why don't you fill me in on stuff I must have missed? Anyone who has really played shadowrun knows that the aim assist can pull your reticle right onto a guy, and he can be standing still and you'll just flat out miss despite your reticle being red. Please enlighten me on more of the PC vs Xbox shadowrun stuff though. I remember when NahDudeFKThat tried and only had one article to site that had nothing to do with Shadowrun.

I don't understand. You're saying you want me to get articles talking about PC´s dominance on Shadowrun?

In fact, Toxikk looks A LOT like UT2K4. When will devs learn? Making carbon copies will never bring anything good.

I don't understand. You're saying you want me to get articles talking about PC´s dominance on Shadowrun?

I just want you to fill me on on the statement you made. Anything that can help provide insight into the actual match ups of PC vs Xbox for Shadowrun really. You can forget about the article part, that was just referencing another poster here the last time cross platform play was brought up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just want you to fill me on on the statement you made. Anything that can help provide insight into the actual match ups of PC vs Xbox for Shadowrun really. You can forget about the article part, that was just referencing another poster here the last time cross platform play was brought up.

Accident neg rep sorry, on my phone:P

Sk0ls H5 opinion video, figured Id toss it into the mix.

Watched pretty much the whole thing. Agreed with almost all of it, especially the no one should buy Halo 5 part. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watched pretty much the whole thing. Agreed with almost all of it, especially the no one should buy Halo 5 part. 

I ended up watching the whole thing and I never really sit through these videos. I agree with just about everything he says, a minor one I don't really agree with is removing the sword completely from Halo. He talks about coming up with other close range melee weapons n stuff but I think that would be odd.

Also, I hate that I'm such a back seat Halo player. The whole time watching the CE footage of that I was just critiquing the gameplay lol. I can't help it, same thing happens when I would go to clubs or festivals and listen to transitions. Skols is talking about how in CE you have to contest the rockets every time.. while he puts up a video of him never contesting rockets once, but actually gives it up multiple times! The video overall was great though and somehow kept me entertained enough to watch the whole thing.

I am so done with 343 that the thought of posting at waypoint never crosses my mind.

Oh, and the sword is iconic. We cannot stop 343 from ruining it as well, but it needs to stay in halo.

Not going to sugar-coat it, you got responses from some absolute fucking simpleton cunts in that thread. Apparently your title was a "button-pressor". Kill me now. I'm sick of that side of the Halo fanbase.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I have to post this somewhere, because I keep encountering the same argument against anyone criticizing the beta:

"Why're you complaining? The game's a year away and they will change it?"

First of all, the game is only 9-11 months away, and has to go gold which gives them even less time.

Secondly, no they can't. For the most part, you can't just rip a core mechanic out of a game and expect it to play well.

I mean we've been saying for years how much Sprint affects the game. If they took it out, then suddenly the maps are way too big, and every single one of them has to be redesigned or even scrapped. In the Sprint, they said that Truth had to be finished by the summer in January, and that's a remake! (Although that could be just for the beta)

Then there's the massive Campaign maps that have to be completely scaled down (Halo 4's campaign was unfinished, but playable with a solid idea on how it'd play at around this stage in development) and the AI that needs to be changed along with the encounters. There's also the entire BTB experience that they haven't shown that need to be changed.

343i is not going to want to do a complete 180 on this in a year. In all honesty, I don't even know if it's possible. That's why everyone is screaming so loudly about Sprint, Thrusters, the automatics, Smartlink, the medals, the annoying metallic filter on the announcer, and everything else in Halo 5. This game WILL NOT CHANGE enough unless the entire community speaks out. Then ideally 343i can get this game delayed, which honestly wouldn't be a problem when (IF) MCC is fixed, and we can all be happy again.

I just don't think Halo 5 as it is will be a successful game, and I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about longevity. Sorry if I sounded ranty here, but I really needed to express this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If console had no aim assist, this would be overwhelmingly true.

But.

All I can find regarding the Shadowrun debacle was this

http://www.totalxbox.com/21262/xbox-vs-pc-scrapped-because-of-imbalance/

There was a lot of information about it before the game was released

The TL;DR of it all was that adding aim assist was not enough to make the controller competitive against a mouse, but they came up with a solution that should equalize the playing field (without saying what it was before release)

Then the game was released and it turned out that their solution was a cap on turning rates for PC players

However, this still did not do enough to level the playing field, and because PC veterans found this incredibly aggravating, they never adopted the game in large numbers

The problem with controllers isn't exactly a precision issue it's the inability to do quick turns while remaining sensitive enough to line up shots

I wish someone would use this miserable ADS mechanism as a two-sensitivity mechanic for console shooters so that you could quickly flick a 180 then manually slow down when your crosshair is near the opponent, but no, that would actually make sense, wouldn't it

Do you really need "official stats" for that? Why do you think Microsoft shut down cross-platform play? Besides, is it really that hard to believe that the average PC player is better than the average gamepad user?

Do you really need "official stats" for that? Why do you think Microsoft shut down cross-platform play? Besides, is it really that hard to believe that the average PC player is better than the average gamepad user?

PC players aren't better than console players and console players aren't better than PC players. PC players just have more accurate tools at their disposal, but that doesn't measure their skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comparing CE to Halo 5 is like comparing a scrumptious Chicken with all the right seasoning to a fucking KFC Bucket with half the chicken removed and the rest spat on by the asshole that served it to you.

It lacks substance and it looks and tastes awful. The mechanics offer nothing to the table skillgap wise right now and the whole game just plays like a bag of dicks, with people running away after every engagement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again, I'm looking for some insight into the claims you made. I know a lot about the cross-platform play of Shadowrun which was as far as I know was the ONLY game that actually had it implemented. So I was just curious if you had knowledge or were making statements based off assumptions or what. I understand microsoft shut down cross platform play because in general, mouse and keyboard will dominate their console counterparts, especially in a game like Quake. I just don't understand why it's hard for the PC Master Race to understand this was the only game actually built from the ground up for cross platform play, meaning the mechanics in shooting are balanced to provide less of an advantage.

It's all good man you're not the first person to make those assumptions. PC really didn't dominate consoles. The majority are actually somewhat ignorant to what really went on, understandably so. I just figured you might have any knowledge of this if you made that claim.

What the hell is this? That's like saying your average soccer player is a better athlete than your average basketball player.

• Downvote (-1) 1