CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did someone seriously suggest that KB+M wouldn't have an advantage is an idiot

If console had no aim assist, this would be overwhelmingly true.

But.

But.

Shadowrun's Xbox players had tons of aim assist and they'd get #rekt 8/10 times.

Shadowrun's Xbox players had tons of aim assist and they'd get #rekt 8/10 times.

Halo is a very different game from Shadowrun. The shooting expectations, in particular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But.

I'd gladly take a K&M over the controller any day of the weak. Aim assist or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh really? I love when people talk Shadowrun... why don't you fill me in on stuff I must have missed? Anyone who has really played shadowrun knows that the aim assist can pull your reticle right onto a guy, and he can be standing still and you'll just flat out miss despite your reticle being red. Please enlighten me on more of the PC vs Xbox shadowrun stuff though. I remember when NahDudeFKThat tried and only had one article to site that had nothing to do with Shadowrun.

something i just realized.

CoD has crouch toggle on by default

halo 5 beta had crouch toggle on by default

just another thing to add to the list of ways they're trying to appeal to cod players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hitman Quake and Unreal look crazy insane at high levels. Holy shit. Will defo have to look into UT4 this year.

What's crazy is Quake and Unreal both differ from each other and even differ from themselves depending on the title in the series. Most consider Quake to be a better competitive title than just about any UT. I was watching Toxikk today and I really do miss arena shooters.

What's crazy is Quake and Unreal both differ from each other and even differ from themselves depending on the title in the series. Most consider Quake to be a better competitive title than just about any UT. I was watching Toxikk today and I really do miss arena shooters.

I just miss good games in general

• Upvote (+1) 8

Also @@Teapot what is Quake's status overall right now? Is it dead? And could you explain to me how Quake is different from UT? I am not very familiar with these games.

@@Batchford My time to shine!

Quake: More competitive. Faster overall, harder to aim, more arena-ish maps, no vehicles. Maps are more vertical. This is the true arena FPS.

Unreal: Slightly slower, enough to be noticeable. Epic supported their game more than id did. Added vehicles later on in the series (you can argue that Halo BTB wouldn't exists without UT's vehicle play. Actually it isn't even an argument, it's the truth.) Even though it's slower than Quake, it's still a fantastic arena FPS.

That's a very basic rundown on their differences. As for Quake's status, it's so-so. Quake Live (now free on Steam) is a great fan service, but it seems that's where id is going to stop. The servers are very active, but don't expect a new Quake anytime soon, if ever.

UT's status is very different. A new UT is on the way (free, no microtransactions, mod marketplace). It's in early Alpha atm. It's playable, but it's best to wait if you want an enjoyable experience. They have recently revealed that the HUD will be fully customizable, even the placement of notifications and opacity of the UI. Everything they're doing is on track for a great UT.

So basically both these games are basically the GOAT

looks like we are jumping ship when H5 shits the bed

Thanks for the explanation EagleBurn. I really hope the new GoW is good as well, cos I have noticed you are an avid fan much like I am.

People play halo for Griffball, SWAT, Indina jones, campaign, BTB, Forge etc.

Halo is what you make it man..

Griffball is absent from MCC thanks to 343 changes.

Campaign is lacking, doesn't play well and has ruined the lore.

Forge got downgraded from Reach to H4, and why forge if no one plays.

Infection was fucked in H4.

SWAT is nearly the same gameplay CoD offers, first shot wins etc.

Yeah Halo is what you make it.. and 343 is making it a pile of shit across the board. Only dUmb people would be happy with these changes. This game could be better for every part of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Say no more

-rep and you are a bad fan for preordering

Bring on the -reps

If you pre order halo 5 or any game you are directly contributing to dogshit quality games, period, you are bad and you should feel bad.

While I tend to think you are right more than wrong, he made very good points on his motives. And they all seemed logical...

Until you consider that 343 makes all these promises and doesn't deliver.

I hope he gets his poster.

Griffball is absent from MCC thanks to 343 changes.

I never bothered to see if this was true myself, but just wooooow the only coffee-break gametype 343 couldn't possibly fuck up (even more than in Halo 4) but completely exclude?

Some 'collection'.

Man i have to disagree. People on these forums don't realize halo is different to everybody- People play halo for Griffball, SWAT, Indina jones, campaign, BTB, Forge etc. That is halo to them.

We play halo to be competitive. That is halo to us. 

Halo is what you make it man..

jkQVr.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks for the explanation EagleBurn. I really hope the new GoW is good as well, cos I have noticed you are an avid fan much like I am.

It's the only reason I haven't sold my Xbox. If I see Black Tusks making a sequel to Judgement rather than a proper Gears game, then I'm jumping the incompetence ship for good and the Xbox will go to my PC fund.

:prayers: for Black Tusks

It's the only reason I haven't sold my Xbox. If I see Black Tusks making a sequel to Judgement rather than a proper Gears game, then I'm jumping the incompetence ship for good and the Xbox will go to my PC fund.

:pray: for Black Tusks

If it is anything like Judgement then we are fucking doomed

You never know, they could have hired people who hated Gears.

Have you seen their hires? They're literally pulling everyone and anyone from the game industry. I don't think they really had a plan except "lets create a super studio"

@@Batchford others here would be able to explain the differences better between quake and unreal like eagle did. @@Hitman would know as well.

Have you seen their hires? They're literally pulling everyone and anyone from the game industry. I don't think they really had a plan except "lets create a super studio"

Well, it worked for Playground Games...

Time will tell

in other news, Toxikk looks really fluid. I am excited for that game.

The exact opposite way of I am feeling with Halo 5: Guardians.

• Upvote (+1) 6

in other news, Toxikk looks really fluid. I am excited for that game.

The exact opposite way of I am feeling with Halo 5: Guardians.

Toxikk takes everything Halo 5 tried to do and utterly succeeds with it.

Fast as hell, smooth gameplay, high skill curve gunplay, great map design, balanced powerups, diverse weapon sandbox, verticality, dodging and strafing, evolutionary weapon spawn system, great graphics, and a distinct feel.

They took the Arena FPS and made it their own game without changing what works. Imagine that. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

...the location, unknown. The only thing I did know was the sun was blindingly bright. So bright, it gave one side a clear advantage. We were playing against the odds, me fighting solo with a bunch of spartans who didn't seem to know how to fight at all; fighting against a group of people who were clearly friends outside of the simulator. They knew what they were doing.

Fast forwarding, nearly to the end of our match, I make a solo attempt at ridding the enemy of the sniper rifle, the weapon they had been using all game to kill us over, and over, and over, and over again. I successfully push, running the sniper from his perch and killing him as he tried to get away. I quickly run over to grab the sniper, willing to do anything to keep the bastards from getting their grubby hands on it for the rest of the match. As soon as I grabbed it up, I noticed I was being chased by a pair of them. I looked left, then right, then did the only thing I knew to do: I ran to the edge of the cliff. I ran as fast as my spartan legs could take me and I jumped. Dammit Billy I jumped. I didn't know what else to do! But as I jumped, I whipped my body around and, well, Billy, just watch this.

xboxdvr.com/mdawg+o/193de93a-b736-4043-b5af-8247eb233370

TLDR: From the little of the beta I played, this was my favorite kill even though we lost and it did nothing except keep the enemy from having the sniper any more :D