CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This isn't a legitimate counter argument. You have a problem with getting dumped on by Mouse & Keyboard? It's simple, adapt. You guys already did it with Scuf controllers. If you want a even playing field, I guess you better get a M&KB.

Did you really just tell him to adapt? Get outta here.

Not that any of this matters since most people here wouldn't want to play games like Halo 5 anyway.

Another common mistake of someone who doesn't understand the deep strategy/ map control/counter-moves that are constantly going on in Arena FPS duels because all they see is an insanely fast game they cant comprehend. Quake duel= Speed-Chess of FPS. Rapha(one of the best Q3/QL) pros explains his thought process in a classic match-up versus Cooller. 

http://youtu.be/XdkDjsBiO58?t=1m19s

Wow.... just fucking wow. Now this is some shit I can wank it to on a Saturday night.

Ok but seriously, this guy's thought process is beautiful and he's articulate somewhat (for a pro) so it just rolls out. Reminds me of what goes through my head when I play FPS but this is much more crucial. Thank you for opening my eyes!

FOlTp5O.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another common mistake of someone who doesn't understand the deep strategy/ map control/counter-moves that are constantly going on in Arena FPS duels because all they see is an insanely fast game they cant comprehend. Quake duel= Speed-Chess of FPS. Rapha(one of the best Q3/QL) pros explains his thought process in a classic match-up versus Cooller. 

http://youtu.be/XdkDjsBiO58?t=1m19s

sounds like #indescribable bro

Wow.... just fucking wow. Now this is some shit I can wank it to on a Saturday night.

Ok but seriously, this guy's thought process is beautiful and he's articulate somewhat (for a pro) so it just rolls out. Reminds me of what goes through my head when I play FPS but this is much more crucial. Thank you for opening my eyes!

FOlTp5O.png

"IMPRESSIVE" right? Its okay...we all learn to bow down to the PC Arena FPS master-race after-awhile. Support the revival in 2015 if your up to the challenge. :goat:

To think 343 had the opportunity to reunite the halo community, and now they are moving on, some to the PC master race....

What a missed opportunity.

the community has been split since halo 2. 343 should focus on taking what halo is and add features that add to the skill, improve the meta, keep the pace consistent, and ensure balance. You don't need to adhere to a community's wishes to make a game they like, you need to make a game that fits with itself. The people who understand the game will like it because it makes sense, and others will like it for the same reason, a good game makes sense when you break it down to a core level. And everybody likes a good game. Now, that doesn't mean a game has to stay the same, changes are welcomed and often encouraged, but they need to fit with the gameplay the game has had from the start so that it can actually compliment it instead of changing it.

Might as-well post something for whatever it's worth, small disclaimer I've only played about 6 hours and not exactly the best at the game so take this feedback with a grain of salt if you want to.

It's not exactly well thought out, just a ramble about what I think of the game.

Spartan Abilities:

Sprint- It has to go, it's effects on map design by enlarging the maps to ridiculous sizes (see Midship/Truth) is bad for the game and the balancing mechanic is far to weak to have that great of an effect.

Thruster- Needs a nerf, if it wasn't for sprint it may be no-where near as bad but even so the game would benefit from a longer charge time on it and a shorter Thrust distance, it is a huge "get out of jail free card", saved my life countless times..

Charge- Never used it because I'm not an idiot, usually ends up with free kills when someones tries to use it on me, if sprint goes this could easily be some sort of buttom combo like Halo 2, I dunno, I just really don't care for this to be honest, only effect it's had on me is "Muggsy's trick on getting sniper", thankfully it was on Pegasus so it didn't kill me.

Slide- Don't really care, never used it, can get thrown out with sprint.

Ground-pound- Never used it, seems a little ridiculous, really shouldn't be an insta kill and no AOE from what I've experienced of it.

Smart-scope- Spread shouldn't tighten up when you scope in, should be no advantage to using the scope over hip-fire other than the actual scope itself, why it's on the automatics I will never know.

Weapons:

SMG- It's already an absolute beast, why does it need a scope in the first place?

AR- Same applies here except it would use a little nerf, seems a little too powerful at the moment, Halo 4 AR was great.

Headshot bonus damage on automatics can go as automatics have random bullet spread, whether you get the bonus damage or not is just a lottery.

BR- Meh, felt fine to be honest although I found it to be pretty inconsistent, spread on smart-scope vs hip-fire needs to be the same.

DMR- Felt balanced within it's role in the sandbox.

Lightrifle- Felt fine within it's role in the sandbox.

Sniper- Way too easy to use, I was getting headshots with the thing for crying out load, bullet magnetism needs to be toned down, I swear there have been shots I have missed but got the kill.

Rockets- Felt great but the design is horrible, the original Rocket Launcher is iconic to Halo and is easily recognisable not only to Halo fans but probably to quite a few gamers in general as-well, please bring it back.

Sword(s)- Never really had a problem with the brightness on the Prophet's brain but judging by the complaints it's probably just me, doesn't need a scope either.

Hydra- Never got the chance to use it properly, looks like a hand-held airstrike, I'm fine with it in gametypes such as BTB but I'm not sure about seeing it used in competitive play.

Grenades- My problem with grenades is also the exact same problem I have with the Spartan charge, if I get hit by a grenade I don't want to go flying- in a competitive shooter I believe the player should be in control of his actions at all times, grenades and charge take this away by sending you flying and I don't like that, especially considering you will have no idea where you're going to land.

Maps:

Truth: Meh, it's ok, map is huge because of the original but it plays alright, got caught on the geometry sometimes and felt blue got a little advantage because of how dark it was, felt the spawning could of been a little better too, rather not spawn in the enemy's sight-line and underneath the entire enemy team.

Empire- Oddly enough I enjoyed this map but most of the time I was just going Rambo with an SMG, could use something different rather than just two snipers.

Eden- Hated it for slayer, blue team gets a major advantage, enjoyed the interactive elements, shame we never got to see what Strongholds was like on the map considering it was a possibility as it appeared in the beta trailer.

Regret- More or less the same complaints as Truth, brightness could be toned down abit, enjoyed how top-mid was actually a place where engagements happened.

Pegasus- Who's idea was it for the power position be right next to a Rocket Launcher and have a dominant view on the sniper? A quarter of the map doesn't even get used.

Orion- Never played it but from the looks of it the brightness could be toned down.

Final thoughts:

Meh, a lot of my problems come from sprint and it's probably too late in development to remove it, Halo 5 is a fun casual game but I can't see it's competitive player base staying with it for long, I honestly not even sure if I care about this feedback anymore if what we have to say is just going to be written off as self-selection bias.

Whatever, take this feedback if you want to or not, I'll probably buy this game at a later date for the campaign and maybe a few games on Halo multilayer but that will be about it.

I'm going to be honest with you guys. I had pre-ordered Halo 5 a couple of weeks back. I personally wanted the poster and I do have intentions of playing the campaign, any co op mode they include whether it's Spartan Ops or the return of Firefight, and trying out the MP that we didn't get our hands on during the beta. 

Alright bring on the arguing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm going to be honest with you guys. I had pre-ordered Halo 5 a couple of weeks back. I personally wanted the poster and I do have intentions of playing the campaign, any co op mode they include whether it's Spartan Ops or the return of Firefight, and trying out the MP that we didn't get our hands on during the beta. 

I don't even care anymore. It honestly just makes me want to start a game studio. All you need is marketing hype and kids will buy your game. It's soooo easy. Spend more on marketing than on the game and you will make crazy amounts of money.

When the game comes out and is a massive turd, who cares, you have their money. Delay fixes and "promise" the moon all the while hyping up your next turd. Rinse and repeat until infinity because when you try to get a campaign going to boycott a game company or even to just stop preordering you get laughed at like you are trying to build a colony on Jupiter.

Consumers are stupid but I'm starting to think that gamers are the stupidest consumers on the planet, by far. Nothing else is even close. If a movie is bad, people don't buy tickets based on the trailer of the sequel because they actually remembered that the first one sucked. But when a game is bad or broken, gamers can't wait to put down money on their next turd.

I cheer for game companies now; 343 is my fucking hero. EA? They are GODS. I can't wait to read the next story about a SimCity, Battlefield 4 or MCC release. These people are business geniuses and I love to watch them work.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I had pre-ordered Halo 5 a couple of weeks back.

Say no more

-rep and you are a bad fan for preordering

Bring on the -reps

If you pre order halo 5 or any game you are directly contributing to dogshit quality games, period, you are bad and you should feel bad.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Say no more

Bring on the -reps

If you pre order halo 5 or any game you are directly contributing to dogshit quality games, period, you are bad and you should feel bad.

Man i have to disagree. People on these forums don't realize halo is different to everybody- People play halo for Griffball, SWAT, Indina jones, campaign, BTB, Forge etc. That is halo to them.

We play halo to be competitive. That is halo to us. 

Halo is what you make it man..

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Say no more

Bring on the -reps

damn dude, this is such a dickhead thing to say 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Man i have to disagree. People on these forums don't realize halo is different to everybody- People play halo for Griffball, SWAT, Indina jones, campaign, BTB, Forge etc. That is halo to them.

Here's where I am coming from

In general, preordering games is BAD for the industry and for the consumers, this has been demonstrated and proven by many people and games.

This isn't up for discussion, this is a widely accepted view held by people who review games for a living, both large and small.

It's a scam perpetuated by AAA game publishers and it enables them to release lesser quality games.

Whatever, preorder halo 5, its your money to waste, just know that you are a sheep. Enjoy your buggy steaming pile of crap, at least you got that t shirt and poster that cost 3 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't see why people pre-order games nowadays after the year of broken games. It wasn't just Halo that got fucked, but also Assassin's Creed and other games. There's no point to it. Pre-ordering Halo 5 tells 343i that you will play Halo at whatever state it's in and will pay for it. I got screwed over with two games last year and I'm very bitter about pre-ordering in general. In the end though, it doesn't matter. People will pay for a guarantee copy of a game  no matter what people say about the gaming industry. If the game turns to be dog shit (chances are it will) and people complain about pre-ordering, then I am going to kick back with a mexican coke in my hand saying "I told you so". It's your money, choose how you spend it, but I will think you are naive. And this is coming from someone who used to love playing Halo for the campaigns. 

In summary:

IMtyoPp.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

He meana you shouldnt preorder because it leads to half ass launches

Those guys are getting really outta hand.

Idk what the fuck 343i is giving HF, but I'm getting tired of them. I've never seen a video on HF of them giving constructive criticism (or criticism at all).

Even HaloCanon gives his honest opinions about some of the lore stuff 343i releases and he's a mod on Waypoint (his username is ToaFreak).

I understand the anger. If what hasn't been showed that is shown over the next 10 months doesn't appease to me, there were obviously no improvements from the beta, etc I can always cancel my pre order and get the $5 I used from Gamestop back, wait a week, and pick a pre owned copy so none of that money goes to Microsoft.

I also pre ordered the Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition because Rocksteady's games are :goat:

Idk what the fuck 343i is giving HF, but I'm getting tired of them. I've never seen a video on HF of them giving constructive criticism (or criticism at all).

Ironically HF pretty much unofficially blacklisted it seems, more of his promotion comes from trying to gain $ than actually caring about the franchise and fanbase. Which is why you see half ass videos making stuff up from him.

Stopped reading after bolded.

Good luck with your "getting scammed" goals of 2015

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did someone seriously suggest that KB+M wouldn't have an advantage is an idiot and Microsoft isn't stupid enough to alienate console players shouldn't be matched up with PC players in FPS games.

And this adapt argument is fucking stupid someone shouldn't have to spend an extra $60 dollars to have fair matches console players should only be matched with console players in FPS games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those guys are getting really outta hand.

The greatest comment 

"Halo 4 is not a bad game the game play is the best by far of the halo trilogy"

• Upvote (+1) 6