CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is all speculation about the following things:

• They say Fable legend will come to windows 10.
  • Phil said that he doesn't know an xbox one exclusive that isn't coming to Windows 10.

This image:

R6EbTAx.jpg

You can see the games being under "PC games" and not something like "xbox one games available to stream or whatever" and also, i don't remember Civ BE being an xbox or any console game, just PC.

Silly boy, tthinking that the MCC being in that picture means anything. I mean, you can't even play it on the Xbox.

Is all speculation about the following things:

• They say Fable legend will come to windows 10.
  • Phil said that he doesn't know an xbox one exclusive that isn't coming to Windows 10.

This image:

R6EbTAx.jpg

You can see the games being under "PC games" and not something like "xbox one games available to stream or whatever" and also, i don't remember Civ BE being an xbox or any console game, just PC.

It's a placeholder image that was likely created in Photoshop, not a picture from the live running app.

It's a placeholder image that was likely created in Photoshop, not a picture from the live running app.

Ye i think the same, i don't even want halo 5 on PC but people like to speculate about this kind of things a lot.

I think a $100 GPU could run Halo 5 at 1080p 60fps easily. If I had the beta on my PC I would be getting 500FPS. The graphics are pretty bad actually.  

You're assuming a lot about an intended PC release. Firstly, games that are designed for console and then ported over often run poorly. Games like Halo are often designed with high fidelity graphical components and then tuned down to run on the already outdated console.

My main point is that the PC community is often more competitive, and as such, I can't ever imagine Halo 5 doing well as a PC title. I doubt it will do well as a console title to begin with.

Ye i think the same, i don't even want halo 5 on PC but people like to speculate about this kind of things a lot.

Whats wrong with having Halo on PC? Even if it wasnt cross-platform?

Whats wrong with having Halo on PC? Even if it wasnt cross-platform?

There's nothing wrong with it, just personally wouldn't care about it.

I would love MCC being available for Win10. That would mean I could play Halo on a 108 FOV on fullscreen.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Read the article i posted screenies of. What he was talking about was said after the Keynote at the Redmond Campus

I would have to see another article confirming that. If they do that what would be the point of owning an X1? Since it says that he can't guarantee every first party game would make it's way to W10 I would imagine Halo not being one of them but who knows, If it does happen then I wonder how many PC players would jump into it.

I would have to see another article confirming that. If they do that what would be the point of owning an X1? Since it says that he can't guarantee every first party game would make it's way to W10 I would imagine Halo not being one of them but who knows, If it does happen then I wonder how many PC players would jump into it.

The X1 becomes what it has been all along, an Entry-Level Gaming PC.

I forgot about this thread so I'll probably miss some things since it's been a bit since the beta. Thanks for reading.

Abilities:

Sprint: The nerfing of it was a good start, but it still causes so many problems that it should be removed. Increase the base movement speed. There have already been several well thought out posts on this forum explaining why it's not good for Halo so I won't discuss it further.

Thruster: I do like thruster, but I think it needs to be nerfed. Maybe a longer cool down, remove when no shields, and/or a shorter range. I've found myself getting more frustrated over thruster than I was for sprint. Finishing off a kill was very hard since people would just thrust behind cover the second they got shot or lost their shields. I also wouldn't mind exploring shooting while thrustering. I found myself wanting to do that a lot while thrustering, but I think the first options should be a priority.

Clamber: I didn't mind this feature, but I felt like it dumbed down Halo a little bit. I found myself going for jumps that I knew I couldn't make or not even bothering to make a jump properly because I knew I could just hold down a button and make it. I think it needs to be harder to execute and there needs to be more skillful clamber jumps. One example of a skillful jump was on Orion where I needed to thrust, ground pound animation and then clamber in order to make the jump. More of that would be awesome.

Ground Pound: I didn't mind this, but it's something that I think was added just to add something. I didn't really use it against decent people. It could be used as a new type of double jump so that's good. If it's kept in the game, then it needs to be moved to a different button other than crotch. It's very frustrating when I'm trying to crouch jump and the animation comes on. Also, when I was crouching on downward ledges, the animation turned on. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but it needs to be fixed.

Spartan Charge: This seemed like another feature that doesn't really add anything. We can already thrust and backsmack people. I was mainly using this as a getaway feature which was bad since I already have sprint and thruster to use as well. If it's kept in, it needs the range that it goes to be reduced.

Slide: I was using this a lot, but mainly when I was about to grab weapons or just mindlessly running around. I have used it juke people when in combination of thrust or jump for example, but it doesn't work well against decent people. I don't mind if it stays in or not.

Stabilizers: I didn't really like it since it was weird using it. From watching other people use it, I didn't really like it either since it gets rid of skill shooting with jumping. I'm glad it's toggled.

Weapons:

Switching to a precision weapon needs to be faster.

There needs to be less callouts for a power weapon. I think there are six for the sniper. It's too redundant.

There needs to be better weapon indicators. It's good for power weapons, but the other weapons can blend in too much. Something like the ones in H2A could be good.

It felt like the bullet magnetism was a little high. Maybe tone that down a tad.

Flinch: I think that's getting removed. I hope so.

ADS: I like the old style better. The animations need to be faster.

BR: Felt decent. I don't like the horns. WIth the ADS, it was hard to notice weapon pickup indicators since they blended in.

DMR: Didn't mind it. The hip firing animation looked kind of clunky and the ADS looked terrible as well. It takes up too much of the screen and the animation for it is also clunky.

LR: Didn't mind it. I liked the open scope and the wait time between shots before you could shoot while zoomed.

Sniper: Felt clunky. The zooming in was slow and also kind of weird and I didn't like the complete blackout with the borders while zoomed. I think it needs a slightly faster rate of fire.

Pistol: I like that it's hard to use, but maybe a one shot less to kill would be needed if the recoil stays the way it is. There was too much going on with the ADS. It took my focus away from the reticule.

AR: I like that it's a little more powerful. ADS needs to go if it stays that way or remove the head shot bonus.

SMG: It feels like it shreds up close. I think the range needs to be toned down a tad.

Hydra: I didn't like how it still showed the lock on indicator after the player went behind cover. Seemed like it needed a little bit of skill to use which was good. Still not sure if I like or not though.

Rockets: Please for the love of Halo bring back the old design. I think it needs less ammo to spawn with.

Prophets Bane: Remove the zoom feature if you already get a movement increase. The lighting glare needs to be toned down or removed. You're practically blind when it's out.

Sword: Remove zoom feature and add a slightly longer range if you do that.

Grenades: The blast radius felt a little big. I liked the throw range. The movement when you get hit by a grenade needs to be reduced. Please remove being able to shoot grenades out out of hands. It's too random and it's never on purpose. Could use more on the maps.

Maps:

Truth: Lighting needs work. It's too hazy and has spots with glare on them. The white runway lights going up to one of the towers (can't remember which one) for example has that. The towers need better distinguishing features to show which one is which. There are too many ways to get to top mid. The bottom part where you can clamber up needs to go. Bottom mid was also a no mans land. Could use something there like a power up or something.

Regret: I didn't mind it, but it needs more distinguishing features to tell where you're at or what side of the map that you're looking at.

Empire: Didn't like some of the lines of sight from the security room area to the outside. There were some glare issues on this map as well. A lot of times it would turn into a camp fest with the two snipers. Could use something else to fight for as well to break that up. There were too many little corridors to get to places that seemed to be there just to accommodate clamber.

Eden: Lighting was an issue in some areas with being too dark. The glare spots became more pronounced with the contrasting dark spots. The blue team blended in too much. I liked the interactive objects that you could shoot to change the geometry. This was another map where bottom mid was an underused area that could've benefited from something worth going for. Like Empire, there were too many little areas made for clamber that made things more confusing.

Pegasus: This is hopeful for forge with how nice everything looked in a beta stage. The map flowed a little more better than some other maps, but it was still a little campy. I think the power weapons needed different spawn areas.

Orion: I liked the variety of power weapons. Not sure if I like the way it was made. I didn't like the rock area spawn since you could get stuck in that area if the other team had all the power weapons.

Breakout:

Needs something to make people move around the map.

The spectator cam need to be first person only. I saw too many people using skype or whatever to help their teammate find the enemy player since the field of view in the spectator cam was so big.

Stronghold:

I didn't really play this much, but the framerate lag was a big issue when I did play it. I hope this gets fixed before launch. 

General Issues:

Ranking system needs work. I'm assuming it was an issue since it was the beta.

The high pitch beeping when no shields was really annoying. Just bring back the old sounds.

The pop sound when you get someone no shields felt unnecessary. I barely noticed it while playing and I only really noticed it while watching other people play and it was annoying. 

The dudebro celebrations at the end need to go. It just comes off as douchey.

Too many medals once again. When you have too many, it makes them less meaningful and then you don't pay attention to them. I did like some of them though like the purrrfect medal and the CE medal.

The announcer sounds awful. Get rid of the auto tune. There are also too many announcements. You should give gamers a little more credit. We can figure out stuff on our own and we don't need a reminder for everything in the game.

I like spartan chatter, but there needs to be less of it. There are too many useless callouts. Things like "I got a DMR" and "My shields are back" for example are not necessary. Focus on important stuff like positioning and how many are dead.

Kill cams need a toggle and the music in the death screen needs to go.

Vibration needs a toggle.

We need custom controller layouts. I don't understand why we never get this option.

The noise from exiting a players name in the lobby needs to be changed. It sounds like the sound when entering a game which can cause confusion.

The armor customization screen needs to be brighter. The zooming in and out felt clunky.

I wasn't really feeling the menu music. It felt like a WW2 theme.

The team score at the bottom needs to show which one is in the lead by having the leading team the top color. It could cause confusion if you aren't paying that much attention to it.

Allow us to move while looking at the scoreboard.

Do not buy Fable Lengeds - game needs a lot of work

I have been a part of the Beta for a couple months now.  

k thanks for the heads up, i'm looking forward to Fable leGends anyways

#gfb

k thanks for the heads up, i'm looking forward to Fable leGends anyways

#gfb

I am a HUGE fable fan, but just know that going into this game - it is a completely different game.  Cant really get into specifics because of NDA - but it is strange seeing the direction they are taking, especially when the world has been crying out for a next gen, open world Fable of old. 

As of right now, being the villan is not really rewarding to me, and I do not feel engaged in the game.  I also do not really feel that I am accomplishing anything when I make it through as a hero as well. You just complete the stage and move onto the next one.  As of right now there is really no reward, however I understand that much of the game is still in the beta form and there will be numerous changes added.  

This weekend they are having another open beta for the people in the group, I will give it a try seeing how they are adding a new level as well as a new hero into the mix.  I am trying to remain optimistic - however as of right now, this is not my cup of tea - and I do not see many of my friends wanting to make the purchase.  And if you have no one to play it with, there really is no point in buying the game, because its only fun with a group.  IMO

I really wish that they let some community forgers on the 343i team. I've seen some forgers build better maps then the actual devs.

forgers are awesome and I hope h5 forge blows me away.

Only backing what I am saying. After the first year, a person will have to pay to obtain Windows 10.

So? We can all agree that a full price game gets 90+% of it's population within the first few weeks after release. Win 10 is to come out in autumn. Let's assume that h5 will actually come out on Win 10 and that they won't wait more than a year after the One release. That pretty much means that H5 for Win10 would come out within the 1 year upgrade period.

H2V came out soon after Vista at a point where no one could upgrade for free and very few were willing to move away from XP.

You also do realize that you can have more than one OS installed? Why would any gamer not install Win 10 within the 1 year period? And even if it's only to get DX 12 which is likely to be 10 exclusive.

To me that seems like the situation will be better than it was with H2V and that was all I was saying.

So..you're saying that controller>kb+m?

Mouse aiming has such an advantage over aiming with a stick because you can turn a lot faster and just snap onto targets.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wasn't it confirmed that this generations of consoles would be the last ones?

No, people just speculate that it will be. Things like that are said at the start of every console generation.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It wishes. 

It's fact. Both X1 and PS4 are Entry-Level Gaming PCs. Sorry to say that, but it is true. Windows 10 just solidifies this with it being on all Microsoft Windows based products. and FYI, That is Windows 8 you are running on the Xbox One.

Two words:

Keyboard and mouse.

This isn't a legitimate counter argument. You have a problem with getting dumped on by Mouse & Keyboard? It's simple, adapt. You guys already did it with Scuf controllers. If you want a even playing field, I guess you better get a M&KB.

Mouse aiming has such an advantage over aiming with a stick because you can turn a lot faster and just snap onto targets.

This isn't a legitimate counter argument. You have a problem with getting dumped on by Mouse & Keyboard? It's simple, adapt. You guys already did it with Scuf controllers. If you want an even playing field, I guess you better get a M&KB