CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It is and I'm not assuming anything past 'Immersion'. But it's their twisted idea of consistency to add scopes to a fucking melee weapon.

Also it still makes me puke in my mouth that protesting against Cinematic Flare is met with accusations of bias.

Don't worry I'm not prepared to defend this game, or anything like that. Josh Holmes' attitude towards one of the most chill members on Team Beyond cemented my lack of respect for future Halo games.

Here's a brilliant question that's a real head scratcher:

Why the fuck does the sword and Prophets Bane have a scope!?

I'm an enhanced super-soldier from 500 years in the future and yet I can't scope with the swor... Oh no wait that doesn't work.

*Shit, gotta think of an excuse*

Ummm, immersion? Yeah let's try that. It's because of immersion.

Oh yeah and bcause change is good and you have to adapt n shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember thinking to myself "Hey, I don't mind this new scope system" while playing the beta, and then I went back to MCC and was blown away by how much better scoping feels in the older games. It's like night and day, all of sudden you don't have all these animations getting in the way of seeing your target, not to mention it feeling much more responsive.

I also noticed people exploiting the "LT to aim" layouts by pulsing their trigger in time with their shots to get around the descoping. At first I thought it was a killcam glitch, but I tried it myself and it definitely provided an advantage in mid to long range fights.

I hate 343! Down with the company. Gettcher pitchforks ready boyz itz about huntin season round these here parts. Before you ask I know everything competitive and won't be told otherwise.

Sprint is bad, thrust is bad, medals are bad, Greenskull is bad, ghost is bad, bravo is gone, gandhi sold out, ogre 2 is out there somewhere playing shadowrun, and we are all stuck here with the memories from a better time in Halo.

Sorry guys imma cry myself to sleep now.

I call on the Sudds to save the community

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate 343! Down with the company. Gettcher pitchforks ready boyz itz about huntin season round these here parts. Before you ask I know everything competitive and won't be told otherwise.

Sprint is bad, thrust is bad, medals are bad, Greenskull is bad, ghost is bad, bravo is gone, gandhi sold out, ogre 2 is out there somewhere playing shadowrun, and we are all stuck here with the memories from a better time in Halo.

Sorry guys imma cry myself to sleep now.

I call on the Sudds to save the community

We are doomed.

Just vote with your wallet.

At this point the issue speaks for itself. Too bad people will buy Halo just because of the name alone nowadays.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Immersion. In the grand scheme of things (IE real answer) they need "consistency". If that's what it takes to be consistent then ADS's isn't good for Halo.

fuck the immersion excuse. I don't see how a Spartan has even been able to just teleport into someones face when using a sword.

If we want immersion, we remove the Sword lunge entirely. The scope on both Swords is just... dumb.

Using 'immersion' as a response to a legitimate question about hurting Halo's core mechanics, is similar to when a Christian answers, 'you just got to have faith' to a question regarding the existence of god.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Using 'immersion' as a response to a legitimate question about hurting Halo's core mechanics.

Aaand I'm not even defending the excuse. But that's what it is, they have the money to make whatever bullshit excuse they want.

They invalidated the whole purpose of their Beta on Twitter, so it's bad comedy. At some point in time, space, the universe around us- it just comes down to a bottom line of riding on the Halo name's coattails without actually making a Halo game.

Also bringing Christianity into this lol...

Let's start this off optimistic. Halo 5 has more potential to be great than any of the other sequels. 343 has proven that they're good at listening, which is not a trait I would associate with Bungie. If they do more listening than independent thinking, Halo 5 will work.

Not that I disagree with you entirely, but out of curiousity - what exactly have they done to show us that "they listen" to us?

Because all I have seen, is the removal of crap only to be replaced by new crap.

And the one item that the entire community (including outside of here) is united about is that they do not want sprint.  Yet we all know it will remain in the game.

So please, let me know - because I firmly believe the "we listen to you" catch phrase is 99% crap..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know why OP bothered. Predictably he just got a load of posts about how 343 should simply cater specifically for them and no one else.

I'm glad you pointed that out. Everyone is saying the same thing, that has been said time and time again. can't seem to think that the game is going in a different direction, and to have something would be better than nothing. That's my look. I don't like CoD much, nor Destiny, really not any other game at all. Halo is all I play when I have time. (well, stare at the matchmaking screen if you call that playing)

This community seems to be pretty selfish. And I don't get it. We would be lucky for them to compromise with us for all the trash talking they receive from us.

I'm a Halo fanboy of 10+ years. I want to play Halo, but not whatever this H5: guardians game is. If they'd take out sprint, and the abilities, it might start to feel like halo again. It'd be a damn start at least. But this new update that's supposedly being tested will hopefully fix MCC and I'll play that til it burns.

Quinn has said he wants universal settings so there's no distinct difference between default and competitive play. I agree with him on this account.

Ideally, sure, but when default is shit I'd rather play a game I want to than simply potentially having a bigger "scene".

@@Twisted And us advocating for what we truly want and not a compromise is actually smart for it hits both areas--there is a (insanely small) chance we will get what we want, but it's also feedback that could result in your hypothetical scenario in the OP, if that makes sense. 

At this stage of the game, TB staff would be better served making a front page post with links to the appropriate videos (showing spread, etc.), outlining their case, essentially a wiki.

Too much snark here, too much snark on Twitter from staff- and I don't disagree with any of the main ideas posted.  Don't care if years of being ignored has made everyone jaded- there are better ways of making a point, and I would love to see you guys succeed.

I'm glad you pointed that out. Everyone is saying the same thing, that has been said time and time again. can't seem to think that the game is going in a different direction, and to have something would be better than nothing. That's my look. I don't like CoD much, nor Destiny, really not any other game at all. Halo is all I play when I have time. (well, stare at the matchmaking screen if you call that playing)

This community seems to be pretty selfish. And I don't get it. We would be lucky for them to compromise with us for all the trash talking they receive from us.

I'm a Halo fanboy of 10+ years. I want to play Halo, but not whatever this H5: guardians game is. If they'd take out sprint, and the abilities, it might start to feel like halo again. It'd be a damn start at least. But this new update that's supposedly being tested will hopefully fix MCC and I'll play that til it burns.

How is sharing your wants or offering ideas selfish?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

YES IT DOES. 

There a video out there which show aiming down the sights reduces spread. 

Sure it doesn't slow you down when you aim in like CoD or Battlefield and you obviously get descoped but it is still ADS and simply not what they promised.

Josh Holmes even said something like "If players feel the need to scope in to win battles then we've broke the game." and that's exactly what happens - the SMG's spread while scoped in compared to unscoped is mental.

I know I'm using a new game to show it and it's not the best example but Halo has pretty much always done this on some level... look at the H2A Silenced SMG...

xboxdvr.com/iDrummerAVA/5a350685-c4ef-4fdf-829a-aafe694adddf

Zooming has always made the "cone" tighter for weapons with random elements in particular... look at the Reach DMR even. Sure it's single-shot, but zooming has the exact same effect when you spam the trigger.

Man, some of you guys are pretty freaking dense... COD and Halo are two completely different games and the way they implement zoom has always been vastly different. Halo still allows you to shoot accurately on the move... there's no movement inflicted reticule bloom so scoping is not a requirement to win battles in Halo unless you're at a much longer range, and in these cases, in H5, you would be foolish to use an SMG anyway.

When you are using an SMG to scope, at closer range and you're head-to-head with an opponent (and especially a good opponent), you'll be shot out of it SO quick, there's practically ZERO point... but you may still win if you're in close enough, due to the weapon's RoF and power. You'll however, be completely outclassed at mid to long range... that's pretty obvious.

You guys are complaining about next to nothing... just for the sake of having another thing to complain about. Yes, on the surface, the zoom animation resembles COD cosmetically, all because there is a weapon sight visual on the screen, but that's about it. It plays pretty much identically to all of the older Halo's.

I can maybe see you guys saying that it might feel like COD a bit if you played the Beta on the Default controller setting, or where zoom was mapped to LT, but if you played on Recon, it felt an awful lot like tried-and-true Halo to me. Even if there is a slight to considerable accuracy boost with SmartScope, it never played much of a factor in a match with good players. Descope is a huge balancing factor... as it always was in the original games.

• Downvote (-1) 10

@@Twisted And us advocating for what we truly want and not a compromise is actually smart for it hits both areas--there is a (insanely small) chance we will get what we want, but it's also feedback that could result in your hypothetical scenario in the OP, if that makes sense. 

It makes sense. Like you said "insanely small chance". I'm just trying to think of ways they may work with us on the game, because it's obvious they aren't going to do any major changes.

How is sharing your wants or offering ideas selfish?

Because what I read isn't sharing ideas, it's sharing demands. I won't buy/play the game unless this... This game will suck if it doesn't have this... though I agree, it's not going to get us very far. They aren't going to make a game with everything the competitive community want's and say to hell with the casuals; where the main money source is. How is is not selfish to demand things in a game, trash them for not listening, (if they are or not idk), and expect to get what you want. Halo's changed, and it sucks. Maybe the sales will be shit on this game, and they'll listen to what has been said, but for H5, they are not. So a compromise at least would be nice, instead of just a shitty game.

I know I'm using a new game to show it and it's not the best example but Halo has pretty much always done this on some level... look at the H2A Silenced SMG...

xboxdvr.com/iDrummerAVA/5a350685-c4ef-4fdf-829a-aafe694adddf

Zooming has always made the "cone" tighter for weapons with random elements in particular... look at the Reach DMR even. Sure it's single-shot, but zooming has the exact same effect when you spam the trigger.

Man, some of you guys are pretty freaking dense... COD and Halo are two completely different games and the way they implement zoom has always been vastly different. Halo still allows you to shoot accurately on the move... there's no movement inflicted reticule bloom so scoping is not a requirement to win battles in Halo unless you're at a much longer range, and in these cases, in H5, you would be foolish to use an SMG anyway.

When you are using an SMG to scope, at closer range and you're head-to-head with an opponent (and especially a good opponent), you'll be shot out of it SO quick, there's practically ZERO point... but you may still win if you're in close enough, due to the weapon's RoF and power. You'll however, be completely outclassed at mid to long range... that's pretty obvious.

You guys are complaining about next to nothing... just for the sake of having another thing to complain about. Yes, on the surface, the zoom animation resembles COD cosmetically, all because there is a weapon sight visual on the screen, but that's about it. It plays pretty much identically to all of the older Halo's.

I can maybe see you guys saying that it might feel like COD a bit if you played the Beta on the Default controller setting, or where zoom was mapped to LT, but if you played on Recon, it felt an awful lot like tried-and-true Halo to me. Even if there is a slight to considerable accuracy boost with SmartScope, it never played much of a factor in a match with good players. Descope is a huge balancing factor... as it always was in the original games.

I don't agree with you about being the same in older halo's at all. Also we're really not complaining just to have something to complain about, idk what to say to you if you really think that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know I'm using a new game to show it and it's not the best example but Halo has pretty much always done this on some level... ...

I keep hearing this as a defense- like 343 didn't lie.

It doesn't matter if scoping in previous titles improved accuracy or not. 343 lied when they said it would not improve accuracy in h5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't matter if scoping in previous titles improved accuracy or not. 343 lied when they said it would not improve accuracy in h5.

No penalty to hipfire is tricky wording

tumblr_m2lcbtB88Y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

...... and thats not the only thing they have lied to us about.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys are complaining about next to nothing... just for the sake of having another thing to complain about.

Sure people are complaining just for that reason. There is no way that they just don't like the stuff that was added to halo (because it is okay for you).

I love how people who like the game just pull this stupid argument out of their ass.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There are rumours on the internets right now (from a so far pretty accurate leak) that what we experienced in the beta was 343is attempt at splitting the community between "competitive arena" players and casuals who want "Halofield 5: Warfare Evolved".

If this is true, "classic" playlists would essentially be making 3 or 4 different versions of Halo 5's multiplayer: Halo 5 "arena", Halofield, "arena" classic, and perhaps "casual" classic.

Now, I'm basing this entirely off of this leak being correct, but if this is really 343i's plan, I don't see "classic" playlists happening at all. I actually think 343i believes this separation between sloppy social BTB fun and super-ultra-mega-dudebro-arenanoreallyguysitsarena-competitive playlists would be the solution to what you're asking for.

It's not, of course, because we'll be stuck with sprint and all of that shit, but try telling that to them.