CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm honestly not interested in a game where only one or two playlists are there to please the traditional Halo fans. It's either a good game at its core and I buy it, or it's a bad game and I don't buy it.

LoL, 343i lying to us in our faces saying that "Its visual ADS not actual ADS" Hahahaha, please go to Halo Waypoint with that kind of BS, we all know how ADS works...as much as you(343i) say otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

LoL, 343i lying to us in our faces saying that "Its visual ADS not actual ADS" Hahahaha, please go to Halo Waypoint with that kind of BS, we all know how ADS works...as much as you(343i) say otherwise.

Yeah Im not sure why the community have let them get away with that...

THEY Straight up said that ADS is cosmetic only, then few weeks later even the Sword has an advantage when using it...

Same with descoping in H4 they said they couldnt implement it but some random dude from the internet modded the mechanic by himself...

-snip-

Well said

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah Im not sure why the community have let them get away with that...

THEY Straight up said that ADS in cosmetic only then few weeks later even the Sword has it...

Same with descoping in H4 they said they couldnt implement it but some random dude from the internet modded the mechanic by himself...

To be fair, the game was designed with flinch in mind. There was even a perk which reduced flinch. If they removed flinch and added descope back in, that perk would have needed a rework or removal entirely. 

The dude who modded it though did it in such a hacky way that it wasn't even good, especially in an online environment - hence why it never actually spread around. If I'm not mistaken, all he did was make it so when you get shot you are given an Extraction bomb and it is instantly removed essentially descoping you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

that perk would have needed a rework or removal entirely. 

Ugh

All he did was make it so when you get shot you are given an Extraction bomb and it is instantly removed essentially descoping you.

I wasn't aware of this to be honest 

Still haven't they thought of actually putting descope in their game? just in case if Flinching didn't work. So a prototype with descope in didn't exist then that's entirely irresponsible for completely scrapping a gameplay mechanic present in the game of years now. 

My thing is if this one dude have thought of something to at least try to imitate descoping as close as possible how much would a bunch of professional developers could do?

They had the Reach engine and I think a dozen of ex Bungie devs too...

Still not buying the bull in this one.

Ugh

I wasn't aware of this to be honest 

Still haven't they thought of actually putting descope in their game? just in case if Flinching didn't work. So a prototype with descope in didn't exist then that's entirely irresponsible for completely scrapping a gameplay mechanic present in the game of years now. 

My thing is if this one dude have thought of something to at least try to imitate descoping as close as possible how much would a bunch of professional developers could do?

They had the Reach engine and I think a dozen of ex Bungie devs too...

Still not buying the bull in this one.

The way the descope mod was pulled off was incredibly hacky, and hardly worked. It would have required an actual patch to the game, and not just a new gametype. It's as simple as 343 was not going to add it to the game, it's not that they couldn't.

Surprisingly, all of the non-scoped weapons in H4 have descope.

The way the descope mod was pulled off was incredibly hacky, and hardly worked. It would have required an actual patch to the game, and not just a new gametype. It's as simple as 343 was not going to add it to the game, it's not that they couldn't.

Surprisingly, all of the non-scoped weapons in H4 have descope.

Wow... so you're saying that when you scope with the binoculars with say, an AR in H4, you'll actually still be descoped?

Jesus fucking christ it's like you want Halo to keep sucking gorilla cock.

Nah, Gorilla have pretty small cocks.

That's what Halo is sucking right now:

tumblr_mjs1rn1fX21r8vrhxo1_1280.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow... so you're saying that when you scope with the binoculars with say, an AR in H4, you'll actually still be descoped?

Correct.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....ha

Yep. Its the same for the AR and SMG

Provides an unfair advantage to people using the Left trigger for zoom, because it automatically zooms you back in.

@@Deez @@Sal1ent

The BR is bad and you should feel bad.

Also no accuracy penalty for not using ADS...what about that?

oh yeah this was discovered like 3 days ish into the beta.

That's why people say this is "legit" ADS and not just some aesthetic thing.

Same thing goes for every other weapon including SMG/AR

Don't know why OP bothered. Predictably he just got a load of posts about how 343 should simply cater specifically for them and no one else.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure the same thing would happen in any other Halo game.

You can test it and report back? :P

Pretty sure the same thing would happen in any other Halo game.

I've seen that happen in Halo 2, except at like 3-4x that distance...

Meanwhile in Halo Ce the scope doesn't effect accuracy for the Magnum at all.

I've seen that happen in Halo 2, except at like 3-4x that distance...

Meanwhile in Halo Ce the scope doesn't effect accuracy for the Magnum at all.

Yeh that's probably what I was thinking of tbh. I doubt it would have that much of an effect at the same range in any of the other Halo's.

oh yeah this was discovered like 3 days ish into the beta.

That's why people say this is "legit" ADS and not just some aesthetic thing.

Same thing goes for every other weapon including SMG/AR

I don't see it as ADS at all... unscoped you still have weapons that function as they would in a past Halo game and due to the style of Halo's core gameplay, it is often times still viable to stay unscoped... if, of course, you're using the weapons properly in the correct situations to begin with.

Then ok, you scope in with an automatic weapon... first off, with the descope mechanic back, GOOD LUCK getting any more than 2 or 3 bullets on somebody before they shoot you out of zoom. Then if you're lucky enough to even complete a kill fully zoomed in, why not be rewarded with tighter accuracy/a quicker TTK?

Chances are you would've had superior positioning over the enemy or executed a good flank... Plus, they're made a bit more viable on scaled-up maps against longer ranged BR's, DMR's, Snipers... if you're in a pinch.

I personally think for the gameplay of H5, the accuracy buff was actually pretty smart design, all things considered, especially since 4+ times out of 5, you'll be descoped immediately and it limits the effectivity of the weapons to their intended range.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I don't see it as ADS at all... unscoped you still have weapons that function as they would in a past Halo game and due to the style of Halo's core gameplay, it is often times still viable to stay unscoped... if, of course, you're using the weapons properly in the correct situations to begin with.

Then ok, you scope in with an automatic weapon... first off, with the descope mechanic back, GOOD LUCK getting any more than 2 or 3 bullets on somebody before they shoot you out of zoom. Then if you're lucky enough to even complete a kill fully zoomed in, why not be rewarded with tighter accuracy/a quicker TTK?

Chances are you would've had superior positioning over the enemy or executed a good flank... Plus, they're made a bit more viable on scaled-up maps against longer ranged BR's, DMR's, Snipers... if you're in a pinch.

I personally think for the gameplay of H5, the accuracy buff was actually pretty smart design, all things considered, especially since 4+ times out of 5, you'll be descoped immediately and it limits the effectivity of the weapons to their intended range.

There are videos that show the difference in spread between scope and not scope with the BR. There is certainly punishment to firing from the hip. This means it is ADS. We were lied to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're defending ADS in Halo.

What have we come to.

Because it's not "ADS"... lol

It functions within the game absolutely nothing like it does in COD or Battlefield or whatever else implements it in that way.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18