CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Overall I enjoyed the beta as a beta with the understanding that it would be flawed from the outset. Unfortunately some of those flaws seem to be major points of the design, which means that despite the enjoyment I gained from a short 3 weeks of treating it as an experiment I do not look forward to playing the shipping version of the game if we're kept in the dark about its progress from beta to gold and don't hear that some of our serious grievances will be addressed.

I feel like I would really enjoy the BR if it was more consistant. I felt like I was playing a conpletely different game when I was playing the beta after the pre beta. Perhaps I was matching off host more often? But the BR felt seriously terrible. Its not even the lack of auto aim, more the lack of hit registration. It never feels like getting a 4 shot in H2 or H3. I felt like I was playing red bar on Mexican host for the duration of the beta. The pre-beta was awesome even with AR starts, at least my shots hit.

This is the company that should have been picked up after Bungie left. All the GOOD maps and GOOD things in MCC. HR, and H4 has been their work. 

( Anniversary map pack Reach. Halo CE anniversary graphics change. H2A, for what it's worth )

Everything they have touched has been nothing but perfection.

They also made the Defiant Map Pack and a lot of the H4 maps(including all the DLC)

I posted on halo gaf, and ill say it here, 343 prob think a classic halo is too risky to release in todays market.

They rereleased broken, nigh-unplayable versions of the old Halo games and they still sold very well IN SPITE OF 343's tomfoolery. 

They rereleased broken, nigh-unplayable versions of the old Halo games, and it still sold very well IN SPITE OF 343's tomfoolery.

I agree. I think the reality is a classic halo would do just fine.

I honestly do not see a problem with the BR/Pistol starts- It made the precision rifles much more powerful and the pistol extremely lethal. 

The biggest problem i have in h5 is the thruster and the size of the maps. Sprint is not issue to me, i rarely used it, but the influence it imposes on maps is horrendous... midship maps hitting the time limit in slayer???

Ground pound is also one of the sickest things movement wise- not because you can kill someone with 1 hit, but for how creative you can be with movement and it's "hover ability."

Slide is wicked cool- cant tell you how useful this bad boy is once you understand it. 

Spartan charge i found no use for it.

TLDR: Nerfing the thruster, replacing sprint with the slide feature, and re-sizing the maps accordingly would be fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive been out of the loop in which leagues/tournaments are actually using halo, unless a player is actually getting paid consistently to play halo, i wouldnt call them pros.

Are there actually consistent paid halo tournaments?

I don't know about any of that but what I'm saying is I don't want the top players competing in future Halo tournaments if 343 keeps putting out subpar titles. The hardcore/competitive community support of these games needs to disappear or we'll continue getting games that aren't good, especially when they're being advertised for us as "competitive arena multiplayer." Good luck with that type of marketing when nobody good goes to the actual tournaments.

Did anyone else actually enjoy the beta on here or should I just go become a Waypointer?

You know where the door is....

Kidding lol. I think iDrummerAVA, vinFTW and a few others seem to enjoy it, so you're not alone. No need to become a non-beyonder just because of that though. :P

You know where the door is....

Kidding lol. I think iDrummerAVA, vinFTW and a few others seem to enjoy it, so you're not alone. No need to become a non-beyonder just because of that though. :P

I thought the game was amazing when it was ar br start and Pegasus was hands down my fav map, felt like quake.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I thought the game was amazing when it was ar br start and Pegasus was hands down my fav map, felt like quake.

In quake you just set up on opposite sides of the rocket launcher and took pot shots at each other the whole game? Must have been exciting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In quake you just set up on opposite sides of the rocket launcher and took pot shots at each other the whole game? Must have been exciting.

I didnt play any stalemates on Pegasus, though it will need powerups for launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quake?! Dear god.

Amazing? Even when games ended at time and your enemies ran away 8/10 times?  

If anyone is interested, I just made a "montage" of most of my beta clips!

Good job with the montage dude. Nice editing and everything. 

Although almost every clip I could pick out something that's wrong with Halo 5.  

Well, after all the research and tools I have gathered, It's time for another documentary about the downfall of Halo. I may need some people to put together some clips.....more info coming soon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quake?! Dear god.

Amazing? Even when games ended at time and your enemies ran away 8/10 times?

Hyperbole.

That never happened in my matches unless people quit out.

Good job with the montage dude. Nice editing and everything.

Although almost every clip I could pick out something that's wrong with Halo 5.

Thanks a lot! Not much editing though. I used windows movie maker and found a random song that sounded chill lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's disgusting? Calling a bunch of casual halo players disgusting for having an opinion? What's disgusting is this post.

It's their opinion and as you can see, not even half of them like the game. So, again, what's disgusting?

This is what I was complaining about earlier. I don't see how TB having a certain opinion should discourage others of having an opinion too. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hyperbole.

That never happened in my matches unless people quit out.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, it happened to me consistently against good TO4's on Pegasus, Eden, Truth, and Orion. Huge maps with tons of corners and deadzones+OP defensive abilities+ long PW spawn times+Regen shields= Passive,campy gameplay. Not very hard to see why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can tell you from first-hand experience, it happened to me consistently on Pegasus, Truth, and Orion. Huge maps+OP defensive abilities+Regen shields= Passive,campy gameplay. Not very hard to see why.

This is perhaps my biggest complaint as someone who loved the Beta. Way too easy to escape and way to campy. 

Thruster needs a nerf and for the first time ever we need to slash radar. We need competitive settings to be viable for everything anyways (like LoL, CS:GO, etc). 

What's disgusting? Calling a bunch of casual halo players disgusting for having an opinion? What's disgusting is this post.

It's their opinion and as you can see, not even half of them like the game. So, again, what's disgusting?

This is what I was complaining about earlier. I don't see how TB having a certain opinion should discourage others of having an opinion too. 

What's disgusting is this is the reason why Halo is no longer Halo. Opinion or not they are ruining something iconic, and different while praising the dumbfucks at 3v4i for making a generic twitch shooter. Either way casuals would've enjoyed it even if we got a real Halo. They would win regardless, so they might as well please most of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What's disgusting is this is the reason why Halo is no longer Halo. Opinion or not they are ruining something iconic, and different while praising the dumbfucks at 3v4i for making a generic twitch shooter. Either way casuals would've enjoyed it even if we got a real Halo. They would win regardless, so they might as well please most of the community.

I'm sorry.. you may not like H5, and it may not be traditional Halo, but how the fuck is what I played a twitch shooter (beta). Do you know what a twitch shooter is?