CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did you really just tell everyone to stop being negative? After Halo 4 and MCC? AW MAN I SURE DO LOVE ME SOME 343 

Blame 343 for giving us the shaft for 4 YEARS. Enough is enough.

The only thing worrying I have read is how you think 343 will actually incorporate said tweaks after constant tweets from Holmes and Quinn showing how they just don't get how Halo works at all.

well mcc as a concept is great, the game itself is awesome IF you're able to play it. I doubt they intended for mcc to work so poorly, that would mean a drop in sales and players, neither is something 343 wants. A great game is there it just doesn't work.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

well mcc as a concept is great, the game itself is awesome IF you're able to play it. I doubt they intended for mcc to work so poorly, that would mean a drop in sales and players, neither is something 343 wants. A great game is there it just doesn't work.

Hmm, not really. All the games are pretty "uncomplete" as none of them represent the final versions of the game. CE has the PC version of the original maps still, 2 has garbage hit detection, 3 has even somehow gotten worse aiming acceleration along with the crap out of box versions of the maps, and 4 is still Call of Duty in space, so who cares.

Halo 5 w/ a few tweaks will be a good game. I am confident. It will be different, but enjoyable at high level play.

Since MCC and the h5 beta, this forum is a negativity train... It is not fun anymore to post, nothing to talk about-It has become a criclejerk on how incompetent 343i is.

I am not blaming for you frustration and anger, 343i is quite the deceiver, but it is not productive or inducing to grow the competitive community. Negativity breeds negativity and i just think we could take a chill pill with the negativity and wait to see what 343i does with the feedback.

I am a nobody, an average competitive player at best- but if i was an outsider looking to join the competitive community (I would say this is the heart and soul for the CC), i would not want to be an active member here.

I just want to put things into perspective the way i see it.

Well said... Fully agree.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have a question for you guys. Do you actually believe that 343 will do something like take out sprint?

I still don't see any reason to believe that 343 will listen to anything we have to say when it comes to sprint. Any arguments regarding no sprint should've stopped after the first video we got about Halo 5. It's pretty crystal clear that 343 had abilities like ADS and sprint in the game since the first prototypes and they have no intention of taking it out.

I have a question for you guys. Do you actually believe that 343 will do something like take out sprint?

I still don't see any reason to believe that 343 will listen to anything we have to say when it comes to sprint. Any arguments regarding no sprint should've stopped after the first video we got about Halo 5. It's pretty crystal clear that 343 had abilities like ADS and sprint in the game since the first prototypes and they have no intention of taking it out.

A better question is, How bad do you think Halo will be 3-5 years from now? It will go from fake ADS to real ADS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck no, zero chance

I'd say theres a chance theyll add a toggle, but i wouldnt bet on it.

A better question is, How bad do you think Halo will be 3-5 years from now? It will go from fake ADS to real ADS

Spartan chatter: "Friendly UAV inbound!"

Except instead of UAV they'll probably call it a velociraptor or something so they and their idiot mouthbreathing fanboys can say "See, see, it's still Halo!! It keeps the Halo naming pattern, therefore it's Halo!! Lol haterz!!"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan chatter: "Friendly UAV inbound!"

Except instead of UAV they'll probably call it a velociraptor or something so they and their idiot mouthbreathing fanboys can say "See, see, it's still Halo!! It keeps the Halo naming pattern, therefore it's Halo!! Lol haterz!!"

Team Smart-Flag 

Team Immersion Ball 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Probably not but may as well try.

A lot say 'there's no point in saying no sprint--let's just try and get it nerfed" but saying no sprint basically accomplishes this too, so there's no reason not to. 

Halo 5 w/ a few tweaks will be a good game. I am confident. It will be different, but enjoyable at high level play.

Since MCC and the h5 beta, this forum is a negativity train... It is not fun anymore to post, nothing to talk about-It has become a criclejerk on how incompetent 343i is. 

I am not blaming for you frustration and anger, 343i is quite the deceiver, but it is not productive or inducing to grow the competitive community. Negativity breeds negativity and i just think we could take a chill pill with the negativity and wait to see what 343i does with the feedback. 

I am a nobody, an average competitive player at best- but if i was an outsider looking to join the competitive community (I would say this is the heart and soul for the CC), i would not want to be an active member here.

I just want to put things into perspective the way i see it. 

If you still have faith in 343i after MCC then you should expect nothing from H5.

I can see 343 making a game based on the unsc marines in the near future, and it'll pretty much be an exact copy of cod with ads, sprint and instant kill times. But it'll still be halo according to them.

So, 3 is the magic number and I strongly think that despite the great things Halo 5 has already taken from Halo 1 it needs to take even more if it is to truly become a faster and more watchable Halo experience. It's almost like they actually do want to make a sequel of Halo 1, but at the same time they can't quite bring themselves to do it and try to play it "safe" (relative to competing titles at least) by assimilating mechanics that are considered ubiquitous for shooters instead, with the result being a game that doesn't have much left in the way of identity.

I have mixed feelings about this suggestion...

I totally agree that a 3sk would be a move in the right direction, IF aiming were more difficult. 

If the CE magnum were just plopped into Halo 5 and maintained the same difficulty of use it had in CE, I could see that working (though it would require a re-balancing effort on the other weapons).  Full disclosure...I've only played a tiny bit of Halo 5 so I'm not super familiar with the underlying functioning, but if the hitboxes, auto aim, etc. are similar to any Halo game other than CE (which seemed to be the case to me) then I don't see a 3sk working too well.  A major part of what makes the 3sk work in Halo CE is the difficultly of doing it consistently.

Our goal should be to lower the ideal time to kill, without significantly lowering the average time to kill.  If you lower both there will be an improvement to gameplay, but it will be minimal.

Smartscope just doesn't blend well with descoping. All smartscope animations need to be nearly instantaneous.

and takes up too much room on the screen. Seriously the old scope was better for the game in every way, it didn't make guns any better, didn't obstruct view and wasn't generic.

Don't have any problems except for the anti-aim glitch in Ce.  Otherwise it works very well, can even find games relatively quickly.  Really I'm surprised, I would've expected Halo Ce of any game to have the completely broken playlist, but it doesn't.  It's pretty much the only playlist that actually somewhat works.

Halo 2 Anniversary is oddly the extremely broken playlist.  Every game, every single time, I get so much lag to the point my grenades are being thrown a full second after I pull the trigger.  It also takes twice as long to find matches to begin with anyways.

As for BTB I'm lucky to even find two matches in a single day.

I am indifferent to the game. I am partially biased because I was really good at the game. However I could tell population numbers were tanking. Towards the end there were no more new players, and games took longer to find. You can feel when a game is dying. H5 was dying. Really really wish I could see the population numbers.

High level play wasn't as campy as people make it out to be, sans AR starts. Radar probably contributes to camping more than the mechanics of the game. Sprint is somewhat balanced, however the effects it has on map design are unacceptable. The maps suck...again. Sprint just doesn't allow good map design IMO. Midship is an atrocity.

Thruster contributes to getting away much more than sprint. The mechanic is extremely fun to use, and despite its exciting gameplay potential, it doesn't work. Needs a major Nerf.

Overall I had fun playing the beta, but this game will hurt Halo in the long run. It is a decent game, but doesn't retain enough of the Halo feels. I just wish they would drop the Halo name already. Just call it Guardians.

If this were to trend it would be GLORIOUS.

#DontBuyHalo5

Should do this launch week.

Been trying to tell everybody to post this on twitter and get it trending.

UT4>

Support both

I have mixed feelings about this suggestion...

I totally agree that a 3sk would be a move in the right direction, IF aiming were more difficult. 

If the CE magnum were just plopped into Halo 5 and maintained the same difficulty of use it had in CE, I could see that working (though it would require a re-balancing effort on the other weapons).  Full disclosure...I've only played a tiny bit of Halo 5 so I'm not super familiar with the underlying functioning, but if the hitboxes, auto aim, etc. are similar to any Halo game other than CE (which seemed to be the case to me) then I don't see a 3sk working too well.  A major part of what makes the 3sk work in Halo CE is the difficultly of doing it consistently.

Our goal should be to lower the ideal time to kill, without significantly lowering the average time to kill.  If you lower both there will be an improvement to gameplay, but it will be minimal.

Yeah, the only way to do it is to do it right and that means taking all of the mechanics that made the Pistol work - especially for the distance that you need to lead being affected by your own momentum (not so obvious) as well as your opponent's (obvious).

3sk and hitscan would be terrible unless aim assist was practically nonexistent which gets into murky waters on a console.

So I've gotten to play enough games to at least get an opinion on Halo 5 and I'm not buying it if it stays this way.

Does anyone seriously think it's a good game? A few days ago I played h5 for over an hour and then went on the MCC to casually fuck around in customs with friends on H2 and a bit of H1. Halo 5 didn't even compare to these games. I can never see myself having fun on a 3-5 person FFA on Truth while in H2 it's somehow so much fun on Midship. I have no clue what I'm doing on Halo 1 but still manage to have fun. The flow on halo 5 feels off, probably because 343 added a bunch of defensive mechanics for some reason.

Sorry but let's be real, do you guys really want to play this aborted "halo" game for a year or two?

• Upvote (+1) 1