CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That was a hard post to follow, but imagine Tarantino straight up copying Michael Bay. As bad as movie correlations are when talking about video games.

Halo can change, but adding in things like sprint that obviously doesn't work shouldn't have made it past testing. It slows the game down and detracts from the experience overall. 

How is this comment relevant to my discussion of the motion tracker, proven to work since Halo 1?

(two separate counts of avoiding the actual thing being discussed to defensively bring up the typical wedge issues. this isn't debate, this is politics)

Onyx II slayer, but because I lose two games in my placement for strongholds, even though I had an untouchable, rampage and a running riot in separate games and totally dominated I get silver

#logic

Also, how opposed to testing DMR starts would people be? I feel like this would be a game where they would work solidly, or are people still thinking its a CoD gun?

I really like using the dmr, and usually always use it over the BR, dmr pistol starts would make the game feel more like halo to me.

Also, how opposed to testing DMR starts would people be? I feel like this would be a game where they would work solidly, or are people still thinking its a CoD gun?

Not unless they tone down the bullet magnetism on it. Because it's rather ridiculous right now.

Sprint: I don't mind it too much, i end up not even using it half the time. It seems like it's gonna stay but if not ,i am apathetic about it.

Smart Scope: 343 says it's not like ADS and it's the same function as previous iterations but i disagree. When hip firing i play at 5 sensitivity but when i scope in it feels like maybe 3 or 4. This should not be the case if it's the same function as previous games just with a *new* visual aesthetic. If they change it to make it feel fluid scoped or descoped i will not have any qualms with it. There is also a notable delay on precision weapon's scopes and it makes quick scoping harder, especially with the Sniper Rifle. It'd be REALLY nice to not have any delay on the animation.

Clamber: It's useful and rather helpful, i don't mind it at all.

Ground Pound: It's hard to use and rewarding when used right. I like it. However i'd like to be able to toggle it on and off like the Stabilizers.

Shoulder charge: I haven't used it once in play though out my 30 ish games. Don't care if it's in or not. I'd also like this to be a toggle on or off feature.

Slide: Kinda cool, not too useful. Keep it in or out, i don't care.

Over all i like the game and how it plays. It plays differently than other halos, but all halos are not the same anyways. It definitely feels like it's a halo game and that's all the matters. Much better than Reach or 4.

P.S. I'd like Jeff Steitzer to re-record the multikill medal announcements, they have too  much  similarities in vocal inflection and i think h4's announcements were the apex of his performances.

3 game modes. 8 'new' maps. new ranking system. mixtures of weapon starts. all new spartan abilities. 

Only 3 weeks and following in the footsteps of his older brother, so proud.

7BwJVMX.png

inb4 beta/no pros. jokes.

Woah dude, knock on Halo all you want, but when you fuck with Gears... fuck you!

:P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the hell did 343 put back AR starts??? Honestly its fucking horrible, im done with the beta. BR starts made it 100% better.

Its better than AR starts of the past, but still shit. Bad choice.

So I can only play Slayer, and it's AR/pistol starts again. I've been disconnected from any Halo 5 info recently, so was this supposed to happen in the last couple of days?

So I can only play Slayer, and it's AR/pistol starts again. I've been disconnected from any Halo 5 info recently, so was this supposed to happen in the last couple of days?

Yup, there's a message of the day popup that has more info on why.

Yup, there's a message of the day popup that has more info on why.

Huh. Well thanks. I should probably stop rapidly mashing A when I start up Halo 5 like I normally do.

Well, thank god I get to play Eden again....

Why the hell did 343 put back AR starts??? Honestly its fucking horrible, im done with the beta. BR starts made it 100% better.

Damn it. I get to play it for the first time tomorrow lmao

Don't spawn me with a magnum expecting me to use it as a utility weapon unless its the CE magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair he is probably kidding as he misspelled get on purpose thus indicating satire. Although I suppose it is Josh we're talking about...

But i agree its not funny

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 game modes. 8 'new' maps. new ranking system. mixtures of weapon starts. all new spartan abilities. 

Only 3 weeks and following in the footsteps of his older brother, so proud  :weback:

7BwJVMX.png

At this point im just sitting back laughing more than anything. If 343 is going to do this beta specifically stating they want community feedback to help improve H5 and then ignore it and try to throw out buzzwords like #immersion to placate the riot on the issues that really matter, fine they can ship H5 how it is and watch as it fails just as hard as H4 and puts the nail in the coffin for Halo MP. 343 thinks their invincible because MS supports them and they can hide behind the Halo name they do not deserve to represent as of now. They are just lucky they are not on PC right now or they would be a broke company and their products would be boycotted until their last one was fixed. #truth

• Upvote (+1) 4

What does a Black Hole, and Halo 5 have in common?

They both suck.

That's also something your mom has in common.

She sucks as well.

If you know what I mean  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Only 3 weeks and following in the footsteps of his older brother, so proud  :weback:

7BwJVMX.png

Can someone please send this to a 343 employee and ask them to explain how and why this happened... It is their game

• Upvote (+1) 1