CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Www.twitch.TV/waywardnote755/b611690546

Stayed in for 7 games

First few games are ugly then we step it up. We should have won game 4 on midhship that was a huge choke

Not to slight in anyway but imho the fact that your team could hang with 343 pros shows there isn't that high of a skill gap in H5. Given the ridiculous amount of time they have had with the game compared to what y all could have played and the access they have to the underlying mechanics of the game (they could basically get any information they want on the game) they should still be consistently wrecking anyone who has only played the beta. Could you imagine playing a team with a 1 year lead on CE or H2 and you have 2 weeks to get ready for it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not to slight in anyway but imho the fact that your team could hang with 343 pros shows there isn't that high of a skill gap in H5. Given the ridiculous amount of time they have had with the game compared to what y all could have played and the access they have to the underlying mechanics of the game (they could basically get any information they want on the game) they should still be consistently wrecking anyone who has only played the beta. Could you imagine playing a team with a 1 year lead on CE or H2 and you have 2 weeks to get ready for it?

In all honesty, after 2 weeks of playing CE mainly I know the game inside out now. Not defending Halo 5, but if you played CE or H2 2 weeks solid you would know the tips and tricks by then. (They are old games though). The only advantages the other team would have is chemistry and them used to being in under-pressure situations. I would not judge Halo 5's skill gap from the beta, all I know is that it has potential. It is up to 343 to create this potential into a reality.

In all honesty, after 2 weeks of playing CE mainly I know the game inside out now. Not defending Halo 5, but if you played CE or H2 2 weeks solid you would know the tips and tricks by then. The only advantages the other team would have is chemistry and them used to being in under-pressure situations. I would not judge Halo 5's skill gap from the beta, all I know is that it has potential. It is up to 343 to create this potential into a reality.

I wanna see how it playz with no radar.

how it playz huh? inb4 I get killed by a drive by.

(I am kidding)

I want to see how this game plays with no Sprint and buffed base speed.

I get what you're saying. That wasn't even the best players out of my group, if that says anything. Coco has only played 30 games of H5, and we consistently beat pros. Will be adding more games to YouTube.

This game plays exactly like H4 legendary slayer, its just a little Harder to aim, and easier to get away do to thruster. It really comes down to just teamshot and bait and switch. I don't think the game will be very popular TBH, if it stays like this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just my two cents on the beta... after giving it a bit of time, I love it. The mechanics are unique but it is actually fun for me. Love the look of the game, as well as it feels to shoot.

Sprint appears unnecessary, I'm almost never sprinting. I also dislike how YYing with weapons is sluggish.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Huh? I played many matches of H5 with no radar and it did help...am I the only one? Bug maybe?

Bug, random HUD elements just turn off sometimes.

Just my two cents on the beta... after giving it a bit of time, I love it. The mechanics are unique but it is actually fun for me. Love the look of the game, as well as it feels to shoot.

Sprint appears unnecessary, I'm almost never sprinting. I also dislike how YYing with weapons is sluggish.

if you mean sluggish by it takes ages to pull out weapons, it was like that in CE.

The time it takes to zoom after YY'ing is a joke though, it is instant in CE but you cannot shoot until your gun has been fully equipped 

if you mean sluggish by it takes ages to pull out weapons, it was like that in CE.

The time it takes to zoom after YY'ing is a joke though, it is instant in CE but you cannot shoot until your gun has been fully equipped 

raise your hand if you just mashed the y button 1000 times in CE as fast as possible just to watch your guns spaz out!

In all honesty, after 2 weeks of playing CE mainly I know the game inside out now. Not defending Halo 5, but if you played CE or H2 2 weeks solid you would know the tips and tricks by then. (They are old games though). The only advantages the other team would have is chemistry and them used to being in under-pressure situations. I would not judge Halo 5's skill gap from the beta, all I know is that it has potential. It is up to 343 to create this potential into a reality.

Going with the Ryanoob approach of understanding CE's meta after 2 weeks I see?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, but you have the benefit of a lot of crowd sourced knowledge for these games.

Probably worse. I don't see how callouts will work with thruster and sprint. It will be chaos.

Radar on right now is killing me- it deters aggressive play. 

No radar, no sprint, and a nerfed thruster would be a pretty good halo game IMO. 

I also dont think the callouts will be too bad- it just needs to be a 2 part callout.

-Blue 2 going pink 1

-Pink 2 weak camping. 

The hyrda is so useful on that map though since it can curve around and hit them. Getting the lock-on though... I don't even think sprints the problem in these forge maps, its just the maps themselves. 

The hydra is a monster on Orion. It's like the mortar from Gears of War, kinda cheap, but I have to admit it's cool at times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The hydra is a monster on Orion. It's like the mortar from Gears of War, kinda cheap, but I have to admit it's cool at times.

Dude if you just camp the library room right next to the stairs where the hydra spawns, you can literally kill anyone.

I love the analogy of the GOW mortars.

Going with the Ryanoob approach of understanding CE's meta after 2 weeks I see?

No? Even said that the game was old. All it takes is a google search and some practice. I know it took years to find out the stuff originally, like I saw a video of kids running around using the AR and the game was out for a good year and a half at that point

No? Even said that the game was old. All it takes is a google search and some practice. I know it took years to find out the stuff originally, like I saw a video of kids running around using the AR and the game was out for a good year and a half at that point

I understand that the games are old. Even if everything is "figured out" I'll just always have this mindset that it is impossible for a player to transition from not knowing these tactics, to having them down within 2 weeks. It is absolutely possible to learn a bunch of helpful things that separates you from people generally around your skill. Take me for example, I've played for a looooooooong time now. I consider myself to actually know quite a bit about CE. Knowing nades, times, and spawns is great but that doesn't mean I know the meta at a rather high skill level.

I can think I do, but If I go play patch it'll be very noticeable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing a lot of people complaining about radar. Out of all the things 343 has stolen from CoD, how do you guys feel about their radar? Where you only see players on your radar that are shooting and only for a few seconds before they fade. Then you can have something similar like getting a killing spree can activate full radar for 30 seconds (similar to UAV) killing frenzy can de-activate radar for your opponent for 30 seconds. Or make it point based or something.

I feel like an ass "CoDifying" this game anymore then they already have. But when you play against better players radar can be a real nuisance. Feel like this is actually a solid middle ground.

*this is not to replace no radar in Hardcore settings.

I understand that the games are old. Even if everything is "figured out" I'll just always have this mindset that it is impossible for a player to transition from not knowing these tactics, to having them down within 2 weeks. It is absolutely possible to learn a bunch of helpful things that separates you from people generally around your skill. Take me for example, I've played for a looooooooong time now. I consider myself to actually know quite a bit about CE. Knowing nades, times, and spawns is great but that doesn't mean I know the meta at a rather high skill level.

I can think I do, but If I go play patch it'll be very noticeable.

Patch uses Glass Walls though :kappa:

Seeing a lot of people complaining about radar. Out of all the things 343 has stolen from CoD, how do you guys feel about their radar? Where you only see players on your radar that are shooting and only for a few seconds before they fade. Then you can have something similar like getting a killing spree can activate full radar for 30 seconds (similar to UAV) killing frenzy can de-activate radar for your opponent for 30 seconds. Or make it point based or something.

I feel like an ass "CoDifying" this game anymore then they already have. But when you play against better players radar can be a real nuisance. Feel like this is actually a solid middle ground.

*this is not to replace no radar in Hardcore settings.

Yea, and maybe at a 25 kill streak a Longsword comes in and bombs the entire map!