CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So that guy got a response for his blog but I don't get a response for my Sprint Montage? I call bullshit. I should just spam it at him until he responds.

What will happen to 343i after Halo 5 fails to hold more than 50k players three months after release? Will Microsoft get another dev for the franchise?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So that guy got a response for his blog but I don't get a response for my Sprint Montage? I call bullshit. I should just spam it at him until he responds.

the running away montage I sent him grabbed his attention.

What will happen to 343i after Halo 5 fails to hold more than 50k three months after release? Will Microsoft get another dev for the franchise?

Nope, Call of Duty map remakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What will happen to 343i after Halo 5 fails to hold more than 50k players three months after release? Will Microsoft get another dev for the franchise?

I was actually thinking about this today. So let me make my prediction here.

Microsoft will save halo....

...from 343.

No, I don't know when.

So this is it. All the years of good times burning right in front of me. That's all we can do at this point I suppose. Just stand back and watch it burn.

Akash_Karmakar_-Watching-his-harvest-bur

I somewhat feel peaceful....

• Upvote (+1) 5

the running away montage I sent him grabbed his attention.

I put his response to that in my video, he still ignored it.

dude 50k? In the state we're in, I'll take it.

It's possible this game might just get us back to reach. Competive people hate it but casuals like it. I mean, Say what you want about reach but it held a respectable population until h4 came out.

So now that we've reached this point in an abusive relationship, what can we expect next?

Halo closing our bank accounts?

Taking away our insurance?

Shutting off water and electricity?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So now that we've reached this point in an abusive relationship, what can we expect next?

Halo closing our bank accounts?

Taking away our insurance?

Shutting off water and electricity?

Na, that's for the Xbox.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I put his response to that in my video, he still ignored it.

well think of it this way, the guy has been working on a project he believes in for two years at this point and we're pretty much shitting all over it(not so much me since I consider the game as to be ok at best). When you do something like that it's not going to garner a response, hell, it's amazing he even responded to my tweet.

Would you rather see halo 2 classic back on the pro circuit or Halo 5?

Walshy: Halo 5, going back to Halo 2 now its way too easy to shoot, would like to see H5's chance to shine

paraphrasing of course, but interesting answer nonetheless. Pros seem to really like H5 so far, some even say sprint works, others know some changes need to be made, I agree with most of them. I like H5 but it needs a lot of tweaks/changes

• Upvote (+1) 2

Walshy: Halo 5, going back to Halo 2 now its way too easy to shoot, would like to see H5's chance to shine

paraphrasing of course, but interesting answer nonetheless. Pros seem to really like H5 so far, some even say sprint works, others know some changes need to be made, I agree with most of them. I like H5 but it needs a lot of tweaks/changes

either he's riding 343 or he wants to see how far players can take the new mechanics and whether or not people would be willing to watch it.

either he's riding 343 or he wants to see how far players can take the new mechanics and whether or not people would be willing to watch it.

..I'm thinking the latter, and I agree. It's amazing to see what people can do already. Some of the shit they pull off is badass. They really know how to exploit and manipulate the mechanics in smart and unintended ways.

It's like watching world first kills in HC WoW raiding. 

That is like the only questionable thing about H2 though, and even then its greatly exaggerated because H2 had great base movement/strafe compared to later Halo's. If H2 was so easy to shoot in, then how did Karma go undefeated in FFA/1v1 in 06' and how are players like Phurion still able to dump on good kids by 50 kills in FFA? All I see in H2 montages are out-BR's and sick quads/BxR's that would never happen in later Halo's and H5. H2 may be one of the easier Halo's to shoot in but it still has a high individual skill cap compared to modern Halo and a twitchy player with precision can wreck teams by himself.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That is like the only questionable thing about H2 though, and even then its greatly exaggerated because H2 had great base movement/strafe compared to later Halo's. If H2 was so easy to shoot in, then how did Karma go undefeated in FFA/1v1 in 06' and how are players like Phurion still able to dump on good kids by 50 kills in FFA? All I see in H2 montages are out-BR's and sick quads/BxR's that would never happen in H5, H2 may be one of the easier Halo's to shoot in but it still has a high individual skill cap compared to modern Halo.

hey man, don't ask me, i'm not the pro... talk to Walshy

It would be interesting to see a Certain Affinity Halo multiplayer only title.  TBH I liked a couple of maps that they have developed since Reach, even if most of them are remakes. Highlands is probably one of my favorite btb maps. Who knows if they would be better for the Halo series and make a full fledged game instead of just maps, but I suppose it would be lesser of the two evils between them and 343.  Have they made any maps in Halo 3?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is like the only questionable thing about H2 though, and even then its greatly exaggerated because H2 had great base movement/strafe compared to later Halo's. If H2 was so easy to shoot in, then how did Karma go undefeated in FFA/1v1 in 06' and how are players like Phurion still able to dump on good kids by 50 kills in FFA? All I see in H2 montages are out-BR's and sick quads/BxR's that would never happen in later Halo's and H5. H2 may be one of the easier Halo's to shoot in but it still has a high individual skill cap compared to modern Halo and a twitchy player with precision can wreck teams by himself.

Thank you

The movement and button glitches added such depth to h2

H2 is the only halo game that allows you to defeat a sword 1v1 in CQC

H2 is the only game that allows you to out BR multiple people on the same shield

H2 is the only halo that allows you to out melee multiple people on the same shield

H2 was the only game where I felt like a spartan, I felt like a powerful and trained killing machine, now that's #immersion

• Upvote (+1) 8

If you can't admit that Halo 2's shooting was way too easy, any argument you try to make after that is void. It either tells me you can't be intellectually honest with yourself or that you simply lack the requisite experience to make a good argument. Is okay to like Halo 2, but at least be honest about it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thank you

The movement and button glitches added such depth to h2

H2 is the only halo game that allows you to defeat a sword 1v1 in CQC

H2 is the only game that allows you to out BR multiple people on the same shield

H2 is the only halo that allows you to out melee multiple people on the same shield

H2 was the only game where I felt like a spartan, I felt like a powerful and trained killing machine, now that's #immersion

um, halo ce.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

If you can't admit that Halo 2's shooting was way too easy, any argument you try to make after that is void. It either tells me you can't be intellectually honest with yourself or that you simply lack the requisite experience to make a good argument. Is okay to like Halo 2, but at least be honest about it.

it's easy to forget how easy the shooting was in h2

it's also hard to remember how difficult the shooting is in h5...

• Upvote (+1) 1