CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

swoD6nl.png

If only CS added Sprint and some of  the latest industry concepts/ideals from other shooters in today's market! Also, they need to make it more casual friendly so they can capture the CoD market.....

/s

Pretty much what I tell my friends on why I don't like Halo. "Imagine CS with sprint and how bad it would be. Yea that's Halo for you."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Read my post again... It's about the industry moving forward as a whole, not developers on a individual basis. Whether you agree with it or not, that's what's happening.

They're at least tacking them on to a game that is Halo at its core. There's your "differentiation." Again, whether you agree with it or not, that is the thought-process. It's a fresh Halo experience, based on not-so-fresh ideas, because they're what are supposedly "moving the industry forward."

Shouldn't have to explain it again...

I would say the industry as a whole is regressing, not moving forward. There are exceptions but 343i is definitely not one of them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say the industry as a whole is regressing, not moving forward. There are exceptions but 343i is definitely not one of them. 

Sounds like it would bring a new skill gap to CS! ALSO IMMERSION!!

I would say the industry as a whole is regressing, not moving forward. There are exceptions but 343i is definitely not one of them.

In this way, yes I would have to agree... It works for moving technology forward, not for developing a more appealing game necessarily.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok guys, literally nothing is being achieved here. Neither person is going to convince the other, or anyone else, that sprint is bad for Halo with back and forth engagements like this. It's best to leave it alone when it goes beyond an actual debate.

Flood, I notice you're hesitant to state your position on sprint. Considering the nature of that thread, and considering the fact that you think Batchford was on the losing side of the debate, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're probably in favour of sprint in Halo? If that is the case, then you're more than welcome to have a civilised debate with me about it. Though as soon as it becomes about insults or 'this banana has biceps... your argument is invalid' type gifs, then I'm not willing to continue taking part.

If you're confident in your ability to explain why sprint is actually good for Halo, and you're interested in some form of a debate, then start by reading through the points I made in this thread: http://forums.halofollower.com/index.php?/topic/1957-every-argument-for-sprint-countered/

From there, you can address directly the arguments I've made that you think are flawed. Let me know if you're interested.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In this way, yes I would have to agree... It works for moving technology forward, not for developing a more appealing game necessarily.

I see in my eyes a fresh Halo experience would be a 60FPS Halo 2 remake. It would be pretty sweet to see it in working action  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would anyone be kind enough to link me to some clips of sprint in Halo 5? Preferably when someone just runs away tanking bullets? Thanks

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/HardyLeBel/20150112/233956/Universal_Truth_Number_Three_pt2.php

A re-post of one of Hardy LeBel's blog entries to Gamasutra, but this one includes a comment thread with some other developers (not Halo devs).

It's interesting to get an idea of how many different ways people interpret certain things within the industry, and I think Mr. LeBel does a good job of articulating and supporting his own reasoning in his responses.

Worth a read for the curious at least.

What if H5 came out and out of the blue it was everything we want, like a no-shit H:CE2. It's like fantasizing about winning the lottery.

Unfortunately, the truth is that no matter what we get someone here will be unhappy, because even within this community we actually have totally different ideas of what Halo should be.

I mean christ, the dev's literally released the games we are asking for back at us, and we still aren't happy. That's of course barring the bugs...

At this point I am just not going to expect anything special and will take any game that comes out as something new and completely different and totally unrelated to halo, that way I can't possibly be disappointed... but I still will be.

Read my post again... It's about the industry moving forward as a whole, not developers on a individual basis. Whether you agree with it or not, that's what's happening.

They're at least tacking them on to a game that is Halo at its core. There's your "differentiation." Again, whether you agree with it or not, that is the thought-process. It's a fresh Halo experience, based on not-so-fresh ideas, because they're what are supposedly "moving the industry forward."

Shouldn't have to explain it again...

Chess gets more fun to me as I get older. Whatever you're arguing Halo should do to stay "fresh"  is making zero sense to me. Halo 4 was a fresh Halo experience but that didn't make it good. I have no idea what you're asking for to happen to this game besides change for the sake of change. My logic is if you get bored of Halo, go play a different game, don't demand the game change to some undefined ideal of "just make it fresh and fun." Changing a game like Halo would require careful and well thought out alterations that give respect to the original. We have never had that before and that's why the people who understand Halo CE the best are the ones who love it over the rest. The mechanics in that game are pretty much eternal and time can't dilute their quality as you seem to be implying.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So beta is coming to an end and i think h5 would be pretty good if they removed sprint, nerfed the thruster, and rescaled the maps accordingly. 

I'm pretty confident h5 would play like halo. 

Ok guys, literally nothing is being achieved here. Neither person is going to convince the other, or anyone else, that sprint is bad for Halo with back and forth engagements like this. It's best to leave it alone when it goes beyond an actual debate.

Flood, I notice you're hesitant to state your position on sprint. Considering the nature of that thread, and considering the fact that you think Batchford was on the losing side of the debate, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're probably in favour of sprint in Halo? If that is the case, then you're more than welcome to have a civilised debate with me about it. Though as soon as it becomes about insults or 'this banana has biceps... your argument is invalid' type gifs, then I'm not willing to continue taking part.

If you're confident in your ability to explain why sprint is actually good for Halo, and you're interested in some form of a debate, then start by reading through the points I made in this thread: http://forums.halofollower.com/index.php?/topic/1957-every-argument-for-sprint-countered/

From there, you can address directly the arguments I've made that you think are flawed. Let me know if you're interested.

been done homie. I don't like sprint, never have. I'm a h2 kid through and through, still play with some top players when I can. I learned h1 recently literally only because this forum helped me to. I only went on my tangent because I think it's bullshit we have such a bad reputation as a forum and that thread only worsens our rep. To conclude, I hate sprint, I hate h5, I love this community more than i should.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm interested in whether they actually are following these so called 'agile methodologies' in their development of Halo. Based off the "The Sprint' it appears that they had the idea of Sprint implemented all along, but if they are actually doing agile, then it shouldn't be a major problem to basically scrap what they have.

Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised and we'll see a completely different product this fall. But, I have this itchy feeling that they are just using the term 'agile' like everyone else because it's a  :flames: term. 

What if H5 came out and out of the blue it was everything we want, like a no-shit H:CE2. It's like fantasizing about winning the lottery.

Unfortunately, the truth is that no matter what we get someone here will be unhappy, because even within this community we actually have totally different ideas of what Halo should be.

I mean christ, the dev's literally released the games we are asking for back at us, and we still aren't happy. That's of course barring the bugs...

At this point I am just not going to expect anything special and will take any game that comes out as something new and completely different and totally unrelated to halo, that way I can't possibly be disappointed... but I still will be.

I think you'd find if MCC was working consistently then a LOT of us would be bloody thrilled but it isn't and it probably never will be. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sounds like it would bring a new skill gap to CS! ALSO IMMERSION!!

Dont forget ADS taking up half your screen and blinding lights/super dark shadows on every map so nobody really knows what the fuck is going on and the #immersion level is at its max. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Trading my console in on Saturday, so disheartened by everything 343 has done to this franchise. I only bought the XboxOne for the MCC and future Halo games but we're like 8 patches in and MCC is still broken, Halo 5 is straight garbage. I just have nothing but contempt for 343. Aside from NBNS they've given us nothing but disappointment after disappointment. Just done with this company.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Now you guys can go back to changing the fate of h5 or whatever you think you do in here until Quinn comes and defends every decision they've made with well thought bullet points

Alright you might be a troll or whatever but I have to hand it to you for this line. The bit about Quinn coming to this forum and defending every decision they have made with well thought out arguments is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Which is also pretty depressing because it pretty much just means we are just circlejerking each other about how much Halo 5 sucks and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it because the devs have made up their mind to keep in the garbage elements.

• Upvote (+1) 3

whenever i play cod, i have to turn the brightness all the way up so i can actually see things. my friends always ask me why and i ask them if they would ever have fun wandering around in a dark room for 20 minutes. 

Chess gets more fun to me as I get older.

Funny that you mention chess in relation to Halo. I was just thinking about this today.

As the skill level goes up in chess, you start to see it's flaws, such as the game becoming more about rote memorization than figuring out your strategy. When you first learn the game it's really fun because you aren't at a high enough level to see the glaring flaws.

This is how I see Halo 5. Every single person who claims that they love Halo 5 I just know that they have not played a game at a high level yet. Which is fine, not everyone has to be a Halo nerd and at the same time they are kind of lucky because they game IS fun at a casual level. I'm thinking that Halo 5 action sack and social playlists are going to be fun while a "Team Hardcore" and high ranked playlists are going to be a bore.

• Upvote (+1) 4

been done homie. I don't like sprint, never have. I'm a h2 kid through and through, still play with some top players when I can. I learned h1 recently literally only because this forum helped me to. I only went on my tangent because I think it's bullshit we have such a bad reputation as a forum and that thread only worsens our rep. To conclude, I hate sprint, I hate h5, I love this community more than i should.

To be completely honest, my experiences on the Halofollower forums haven't been pleasant while talking about sprint. I made that thread and made an incredible effort to keep things civil and focused on the actual sprint debate, but a good few individuals on there made it very difficult; they tried insults and meaningless gigs and pictures. I have no idea how many of the users on those forums act in the same way, so I can't say the entire community on there is like that. For all I know, those few recurring individuals could be the only people there who creaye a sour environment. But the problem is those people are creating the site's reputation, and they're doing it a disservice.

I imagine you guys have some genuinely interesting and friendly Halo discussions over there, without anyone falling out or creating a bad atmosphere. The thing is, the way the guys on those forums discuss controversial issues, such as sprint, could definitely be improved.

A better reputation would ensue if there was a willingness to debate in a mature fashion.

To be completely honest, my experiences on the Halofollower forums haven't been pleasant while talking about sprint. I made that thread and made an incredible effort to keep things civil and focused on the actual sprint debate, but a good few individuals on there made it very difficult; they tried insults and meaningless gigs and pictures. I have no idea how many of the users on those forums act in the same way, so I can't say the entire community on there is like that. For all I know, those few recurring individuals could be the only people there who creaye a sour environment. But the problem is those people are creating the site's reputation, and they're doing it a disservice.

I imagine you guys have some genuinely interesting and friendly Halo discussions over there, without anyone falling out or creating a bad atmosphere. The thing is, the way the guys on those forums discuss controversial issues, such as sprint, could definitely be improved.

A better reputation would ensue if there was a willingness to debate in a mature fashion.

100% agree with your last paragraph except I'm not a HaloFollower forum goer, and I've never even watched a HaloFollower video lol I'm indifferent to that site, didn't know it existed until yesterday. I'm worried about beyond's image, nothing else really. We're the long lasters, us and thf.

Oooo jazzii I think you misinterpreted my pronouns, I was speaking for beyond not HF or whatever you call the HaloFollower forum. As in we on this site have a bad rep. Like the first post in their thread was something like 'oh great another beyond kid' or something similar. Just isn't good for us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

100% agree with your last paragraph except I'm not a HaloFollower forum goer, and I've never even watched a HaloFollower video lol I'm indifferent to that site, didn't know it existed until yesterday. I'm worried about beyond's image, nothing else really. We're the long lasters, us and thf.

Oooo jazzii I think you misinterpreted my pronouns, I was speaking for beyond not HF or whatever you call the HaloFollower forum. As in we on this site have a bad rep. Like the first post in their thread was something like 'oh great another beyond kid' or something similar. Just isn't good for us.

Look, let's just forget about earlier.

Beyond does not have a bad rep. We would not have 343 staff on Beyond if we did. HF and Beyond are just salty as fuck, mainly because HF wanted to collab and Beyond were like "lol nice clickbait bro"

• Upvote (+1) 4

Look, let's just forget about earlier.

Beyond does not have a bad rep. We would not have 343 staff on Beyond if we did. HF and Beyond are just salty as fuck, mainly because HF wanted to collab and Beyond were like "lol nice clickbait bro"

Beyond collaborating with HaloFollower would be like PBS collaborating with TMZ.