CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

And you can think that lol That's fine, this is a forum. I've literally been lurking this forum since the conception of it, and I see the same recycled points about sprint everywhere. Everyone once in awhile a true gem will appear and break ranks and presents us with a new thing to argue with. But you are not that gem, and you went on the HaloFollower forum like you were. And all you did was shit on yourself like a toddler lol I'd lash out too if someone called me out for losing to Super Directive, master of Halo: Reach, in a debate.

Go back to lurking.

"Master of Halo: Reach"

Lol, what? 

Edit: Batchford lost the debate in the same way that Bill Nye lost the debate with Ken Ham, you can't win a debate with an ignorant fool who ignores facts. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Go back to lurking.

"Master of Halo: Reach"

Lol, what?

if you read directive's post he was in huge support of Reach, man, I'm talking about him. You seriously are attacking to attack, I'm trying to keep our forum from looking more elitist.

if you read directive's post he was in huge support of Reach, man, I'm talking about him. You seriously are attacking to attack, I'm trying to keep our forum from looking more elitist.

I know, even more of a reason to ignore him completely. 

I know, even more of a reason to ignore him completely.

yeah idk how anyone would think out forum is elitist actually.

Anyway, so if his points are THAT bad, why give up so easily? Why even start if you give up your fighting spirit to a dumbass?

“In terms of speed, there are certainly elements of ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ that will feel faster [and] focus on fluid, quick and instinctual map traversal,” Mr. Holmes said of the first “Halo” for a new generation of consoles. “We wanted to create a ‘Halo’ game that really delivered on that oft-promised Spartan superhero mythos, the contradiction of this 1 ton of titanium armor moving with grace and agility through the battlefield."

"The gameplay of the beta maintains the feel of the series but with a faster pace. Spartans are able to zip around maps with the help of sprinting and thruster boosts and can grab ledges to easily access higher ledges, a first for the series. Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty.” Now every weapon has a zoom capability that focuses shots while creating an augmented HUD from the view of the Spartan’s visor. Other abilities include ground pound and slide."

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2015/01/10/Rebuilding-a-video-game-brand-with-Halo-5-beta/stories/201501100004

SMH

At least he finally name-dropped CoD in relation to his product. Maybe this is the first step for them not being in full-fledged denial about the fact that they're just cheaply ripping off CoD and friends and passing it off as their own work.

“In terms of speed, there are certainly elements of ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ that will feel faster [and] focus on fluid, quick and instinctual map traversal,” Mr. Holmes said of the first “Halo” for a new generation of consoles. “We wanted to create a ‘Halo’ game that really delivered on that oft-promised Spartan superhero mythos, the contradiction of this 1 ton of titanium armor moving with grace and agility through the battlefield."[/size]

"The gameplay of the beta maintains the feel of the series but with a faster pace. Spartans are able to zip around maps with the help of sprinting and thruster boosts and can grab ledges to easily access higher ledges, a first for the series. Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty.” Now every weapon has a zoom capability that focuses shots while creating an augmented HUD from the view of the Spartan’s visor. Other abilities include ground pound and slide."[/size]

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2015/01/10/Rebuilding-a-video-game-brand-with-Halo-5-beta/stories/201501100004

SMH

whelp...

I checked out that HF thread and I have to say this - Super Directive is by far the most incoherent person I've ever read on a forum anywhere.

I'd give him a pass if English was his second or fifth language but he claims that's not the case.

Not once did he say anything resembling a rational thought and his unceasing desire to make us all understand that "spring is just an instance" was borderline schizophrenic.

Not defending Batchford here but saying he got wrecked is crazy, a drug addled homeless man who has never played Halo would probably fare better in that debate than SupaD.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I checked out that HF thread and I have to say this - Super Directive is by far the most incoherent person I've ever read on a forum anywhere.

I'd give him a pass if English was his second or fifth language but he claims that's not the case.

Not once did he say anything resembling a rational thought and his unceasing desire to make us all understand that "spring is just an instance" was borderline schizophrenic.

Not defending Batchford here but saying he got wrecked is crazy, a drug addled homeless man who has never played Halo would probably fare better in that debate than SupaD.

His first post to me was about Paragraphs... I was like wut

At least Bill Nye tried and actually held his own, homie. People still fuck with the science guy cause of how outspoken and ballsy he is despite the fact that we've been watching him since we were 5 in school. Batch gave up after maybe 2 pages and let Lux do all the heavy lifting. Just saying, if you're gonna talk your shit then you better be aware of your surroundings and you got at least stick to your convictions.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

His first post to me was about Paragraphs... I was like wut

Paragraphs are just an instance, you don't confuse lore with grammar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm starting to feel embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise. At least he finally name-dropped CoD in relation to his product though.

Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty

Incredible that this franchise went from being a FPS game innovator (HCE) to the  copycat 343!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, because I have to be on the post that I created 24/7, otherwise I am a fraudulent fool that lets everyone else do the work.

Seems logical 

Yeah, because I have to be on the post that I created 24/7, otherwise I am a fraudulent fool that lets everyone else do the work.

Seems logical

quit pulling words out of my posts that aren't there and stay on this forum, man. You're being a bitchass over such a simple point. If someone did the same to our forum they'd have the same impression of us because we are so close minded. Just want a better reputation for our community after what I saw yesterday.

quit pulling words out of my posts that aren't there and stay on this forum, man. You're being a bitchass over such a simple point. If someone did the same to our forum they'd have the same impression of us because we are so close minded. Just want a better reputation for our community after what I saw yesterday.

how in any fucking way is this giving anyone a better reputation?

I posted initial points in thread, other people came who are more technical then me explained it even more

Kids scoffed it up and then were like "sprint is cool!!!1"

like I don't get why you came at me, if anything you are tarnishing your rep (not the bar) on this website by calling somebody a sheep for no reason

how in any fucking way is this giving anyone a better reputation?

I posted initial points in thread, other people came who are more technical then me explained it even more

Kids scoffed it up and then were like "sprint is cool!!!1"

like I don't get why you came at me, if anything you are tarnishing your rep (not the bar) on this website by calling somebody a sheep for no reason

noooo not my rep on this site! That's way more important than the site as a whole! You going to ANOTHER forum that doesn't like us and making a dick of yourself is NOT the same as one forum member telling another 'hey, you made us look bad. Could you not do it again cause it was wack as fuck and got you nowhere'

Your points were slight, you hardly wrote anything at all. I understand they weren't gonna give anything you said much thought anyway, but WHH BOTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE BATCHFORD?

• Downvote (-1) 1

noooo not my rep on this site! That's way more important than the site as a whole! You going to ANOTHER forum that doesn't like us and making a dick of yourself is NOT the same as one forum member telling another 'hey, you made us look bad. Could you not do it again cause it was wack as fuck and got you nowhere'

Your points were slight, you hardly wrote anything at all. I understand they weren't gonna give anything you said much thought anyway, but WHH BOTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE BATCHFORD?

How did I make a dick of myself? I made it basic for them because do you think those people will understand game mechanics?

I even said I wasn't talking about your bar, but if anything there is no need for you to go ham and cheese and start calling people sheep? I just thought I would see the reactions and then base the debate off there. I am surprised even half the people tried to speak to them, because they acted like they just snorted meth and then did bleach through the eyes. There was even a kid who called us "MLG'rs". Like, c'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@FLOOD Hey could you shut the fuck up now? No one cares what you have to say, and you're flooding the page. Ba Dum Tss!

• Upvote (+1) 4

As have been said many times: New Halo is "evolving" towards CoD.

The gameplay of the beta maintains the feel of the series but with a faster pace. Spartans are able to zip around maps with the help of sprinting and thruster boosts and can grab ledges to easily access higher ledges, a first for the series. Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty.” Now every weapon has a zoom capability that focuses shots while creating an augmented HUD from the view of the Spartan’s visor. Other abilities include ground pound and slide.

Q.E.D.

“In terms of speed, there are certainly elements of ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ that will feel faster [and] focus on fluid, quick and instinctual map traversal,” Mr. Holmes said of the first “Halo” for a new generation of consoles. “We wanted to create a ‘Halo’ game that really delivered on that oft-promised Spartan superhero mythos, the contradiction of this 1 ton of titanium armor moving with grace and agility through the battlefield."

"The gameplay of the beta maintains the feel of the series but with a faster pace. Spartans are able to zip around maps with the help of sprinting and thruster boosts and can grab ledges to easily access higher ledges, a first for the series. Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty.” Now every weapon has a zoom capability that focuses shots while creating an augmented HUD from the view of the Spartan’s visor. Other abilities include ground pound and slide."

SMH

At least he finally name-dropped CoD in relation to his product. Maybe this is the first step for them not being in full-fledged denial about the fact that they're just cheaply ripping off CoD and friends and passing it off as their own work.

I was pretty surprised to read that also.  But then, I clicked on the link and read the article...

The 2nd paragraph of the post was written by the author of the article.  It was NOT a quote from Josh Holmes.  The quotation marks that the good Dr. added when posting that paragraph are a bit misleading.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How did I make a dick of myself? I made it basic for them because do you think those people will understand game mechanics?

I even said I wasn't talking about your bar, but if anything there is no need for you to go ham and cheese and start calling people sheep? I just thought I would see the reactions and then base the debate off there. I am surprised even half the people tried to speak to them, because they acted like they just snorted meth and then did bleach through the eyes. There was even a kid who called us "MLG'rs". Like, c'mon.

are you dodging my point so you can continue talking to me or do you want the last word?? I don't get it dude I can't get anymore clear. You went on another peoples' forum claiming you were 'king of the casuals' on this forum and then gave up after 2 pages.. That's how you made a dick of yourself. Next time try to have some longevity if you're gonna try to battle the brunt of the casual army.

Sniper active you got a big old +1 for being an awesome sport. Now you guys can go back to changing the fate of h5 or whatever you think you do in here until Quinn comes and defends every decision they've made with well thought bullet points

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was pretty surprised to read that also. But then, I clicked on the link and read the article...

The 2nd paragraph of the post was written by the author of the article. It was NOT a quote from Josh Holmes. The quotation marks that the good Dr. added when posting that paragraph are a bit misleading.

I'm not as mad as I was 5 minutes ago...

Also, the new Smart Scope bridges the gap between “Halo” and “Call of Duty.”

He should have mentioned it bridges the shooting skill gap as well, because Joe Schmoe's AR can make my BR its bitch.