CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

About to sign in on Halo Follower Forums, and attempt to explain to the masses why Sprint is bad, and why we don't want a carbon of H 1 2 or 3 at the same time. Lmao I can feel this will go down great

"2 big community members, Ghandhi and Greenskull both say sprint is fine. I respect them over a nobody." - That's an appeal to authority. Make sure you point it out to them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does this even mean

lmfao can't be as bad as the Halo Follower's editors response to Sprint

"it increases the skill gap as it is less predictable"

@@Batchford, I'm not trying to be witty or anything when I say this, but you are conversing with ~14 year olds. Debates are impossible with them and not worth it.

They are worth a laugh and as a reminder of how stupid people can get. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A little bit of me dies every time I read one of those halofollower or halowaypoint threads on how they think sprint is viable in Halo.

The sad thing is that Bungie/343i pushed most of the really active and die-hard communities away from the franchise after Reach/Halo 4 (as well as growing up and life getting in the way lol).

We are left with nothing but the younger generation who wants every game to play exactly the same with hand-holding, gimmicky, head scratching development choices.  

I've already realized that with the way Halo 4 was designed and the approach they are going with Halo 5, that I am just not their target audience anymore. Shame...

:prayers: for MCC to be fixed so I can have some sense of what Halo was. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@gyarwood it does not surprise me that you have a HF account. You really have no idea what you are talking about, and it showed when you tried to defend Sprint yet without telling anyone what Sprint does to enhance Halo's gameplay. Good job.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder if Sprint was never in Halo they would be calling for it? I highly doubt it.

I would play H3 during it's lifespan and people would say that it needed sprint. Mainly because these people were all playing BTB or on maps like Valhalla and wouldn't use the mongoose or mancannons to get around the maps either.

First post is "sprint is fine", great logic and reasoning there. X'd out when the other post said that Greenskull's opinion matters. Fuck some of these people who suck 343's dick for no reason, seriously. I bet these people won't even end up playing more than 100 games.

God, those forums gave me cancer...

Matchmaking...

Search solo @ semi pro, get 4 bronze, a silver, an iron and a first timer...

My first game was against a bunch of people in gold. I also had no game sound for the few games I played. I'm starting to wonder if Halo 5 will even work when it launches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if Sprint was never in Halo they would be calling for it? I highly doubt it.

Most of them probably would not. I've noticed that those kinds of people only act like certain features are absolutely needed in Halo when they're actually put in the game. They have this undying trust for whatever decisions 343 makes. I remember those guys saying Halo absolutely should not have ADS of any form, not even cosmetic. They said it wouldn't make sense because of lore and all that, but now that Halo has ADS, all of those same guys are praising it and saying how much Halo needed it to be modern and not archaic (I'm serious, I watched them all do it in a thread about ADS).

I used to think those people would be disappointed with sprint being taken out of the game, and that 343 would lose a small part of the fanbase while gaining back the old fans. Now I realize that the people who currently praise sprint in Halo would be saying 343 did the right thing by taking it out if they actually did take it out.

Let's say 343 took it out and increased Halo's base speed, all the current sprint apologists wouldn't even complain a little bit, I garuantee it. Yet if you pointed out to them that they were so against 343 taking sprint out before it actually happened, they'd no doubt make some kind of excuse for why it's different in this situation; they'd say: "no but they increased base speed in a certain way, so it's different. They found a way to make a lack of sprint work for Halo. 343 are amazing!".

It sickens me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand why people think they ate the franchise. 343i obviously loves Halo, they're pumping out some sort of content to further the story constantly. We have to realize we're not the only ones they have to appeal to. Halo has so many communities, the forge community, the big team community, the competitive community, infection community, and on top of all of that they have to further Master Chief's story. So come on guys give them a break. The beta was made around the competitive community, EVERYONE can agree to that, with spectator mode, the ranking system, even the entrances to the game feels like an eSport mood. Halo has to evolve, stop holding it down.

• Downvote (-1) 18

I don't understand why people think they ate the franchise. 343i obviously loves Halo...

343i isn't worried about fixing the MCC or applying feedback, they're too occupied making hostage-themed Twitter selfies with two bimbos and one bold faced liar.

I don't understand why people think they ate the franchise. 343i obviously loves Halo, they're pumping out some sort of content to further the story constantly. We have to realize we're not the only ones they have to appeal to. Halo has so many communities, the forge community, the big team community, the competitive community, infection community, and on top of all of that they have to further Master Chief's story. So come on guys give them a break. The beta was made around the competitive community, EVERYONE can agree to that, with spectator mode, the ranking system, even the entrances to the game feels like an eSport mood. Halo has to evolve, stop holding it down.

You said it has to cater to many different communities but its doing things none of these communities found they loved about Halo in the first place.

Also Halo is not evolving...its trying to be the most mainstream FPS clone possible or at least thats what I'm under the impression of. I understand Halo needs some change but i respectfully disagree with the way 343 is going about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol good one! Oh... You're srs...

Two questions:

1. What does "giving them a break" actually mean?

2, Why should people do that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmfao can't be as bad as the Halo Follower's editors response to Sprint

"it increases the skill gap as it is less predictable"

Less predictable increases the skill gap?

These people should be institutionalized. Their stupidity is a public health hazard.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know how to respond to this with even the slightest veneer of civility. So I'll just let it be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we dont have any chance of completely removing sprint. we might get a toggle to turn it off but even then, it hurts the game cause you're going to have competitive settings that are drastically different from the default settings, which is what most people play.

And even then no sprint settings wouldnt be used as 343 creates the ruleset through the HCS

I think I've accepted that "my Halo" is gone, the beta was ok but I've really had no urge to get on these last few days. I'll still play and cover the series here obviously, that parts still fun to me to see new stuff and a potential good campaign/modes happen. As for multiplayer, I'm not sure. It isn't me getting older that's the problem, it's the game going away from itself that is. I can still put countless hours in the OG 3 games.

It's sad that the most fun part of Halo these days is talking about it rather than playing it..... :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 2

i mean i could play halo 3 but 1 nobody plays that anymore except for like 50 super tryhards that boot at the slightest indication of losing and 2 there are just better games out now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5