CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Right, makes sense. Instant height advantage.

Eh... not really.  You don't move up at all and you drop like a rock the moment you take damage.

The fact that you have to scope in to the new slow-ass ADS makes it kinda limited to getting angles on people long-range.  It's not like the Shadowrun glider where you can trick people into thinking you're somewhere else or the Halo Jetpack that let's you float in the sky and break maps.

I firmly believe thrusters should be gone the same as sprint.

But if you want to "evolve" Halo with crap like that, do two things:

1) Keep it specific to one "Evolved" playlist

2) Don't give it to anyone, any time, with some arbitrary "cool down" period. Make it like ordinances (sort of) but call it like "adrenaline meter" or something where you can perform normal functions (strafing, for example) slightly quicker, and each use depletes the meter. The only way to build up that meter is to actively participate in battles (hitting shots, getting kills, running objs, etc; each action has a different increase of the meter).

Then leave the rest of the game alone! Whys this better? Because 1) people who like that kind of stuff but then don't commit to Halo as a franchise like hardcore fans do, can have their "new shiny things" without fucking up the rest of the game for everyone else, and 2) that idea (mentioned above) wouldn't require maps to be built any differently, thereby making every map playable for both "evolved" and "standard" play, and would also allow for classic maps to still work with the new game (which will never happen again now unless maps are completely remade/reimagined/scaled/heavily modified).

Took me all of 5 mins to think of that. Is it perfect t? Nope. Is it better than what we'll get with H5? You bet. Will 343 ever listen to me or see this post? God no.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I firmly believe thrusters should be gone the same as sprint.

But if you want to "evolve" Halo with crap like that, do two things:

1) Keep it specific to one "Evolved" playlist

2) Don't give it to anyone, any time, with some arbitrary "cool down" period. Make it like ordinances (sort of) but call it like "adrenaline meter" or something where you can perform normal functions (strafing, for example) slightly quicker, and each use depletes the meter. The only way to build up that meter is to actively participate in battles (hitting shots, getting kills, running objs, etc; each action has a different increase of the meter).

Then leave the rest of the game alone! Whys this better? Because 1) people who like that kind of stuff but then don't commit to Halo as a franchise like hardcore fans do, can have their "new shiny things" without fucking up the rest of the game for everyone else, and 2) that idea (mentioned above) wouldn't require maps to be built any differently, thereby making every map playable for both "evolved" and "standard" play, and would also allow for classic maps to still work with the new game (which will never happen again now unless maps are completely remade/reimagined/scaled/heavily modified).

Took me all of 5 mins to think of that. Is it perfect t? Nope. Is it better than what we'll get with H5? You bet. Will 343 ever listen to me or see this post? God no.

thruster can be fixed though, unlike sprint. It wasn't at all overpowered in halo 4 IMO, I guess 343 thought it was severely underpowered.

Which weapons would you like to have when you sprint into battle during Halo 5's launch?

There is another survey floating around about Halo 5's multiplayer, but this one in particular talks very specifically about default weapon sets. The goal is to end the AR/BR controversy and see which weapon set the players truly desire when they load into a Competitive game of Slayer. I'm reaching out to the dedicated non-casual Halo players to find out exactly what we should be spawning with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Next their fish will swim away from you when underwater!

That was the funniest shit. Can't believe that was one of Ghost's selling points. 

This worries me. Honestly hope hes kidding because that would be broken.

That would be broken?

Everything is already broken

They could let master chief ride a unicorn and it wouldn't make a difference to how fucked this game is

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can this forum turn into a Gears/CS forum if Halo does die again? It would suck to see such a nice website die like THC/MLG forums did.

Maybe MCC will get fixed?

Ya I see your point...

Great survey, I encourage everyone to vote on this. It's a shame the Halo Community Feedback survey wasn't as detailed as this.

1) So? Adding the extra step of locking on doesn't change the general point-shoot-boom-death formula that every weapon in the group shares.

2) Really? It fires all 6 rockets with every trigger pull? That's news to me.

3) Someone's stretching the truth a bit.

4) Not much more so than the rockets and incin do.

So how's it distinct again? It's no more distinct from the rockets, FRG, or incin than any of those weapon are compared to the rest.

What the hell. Am I really having this conversation? Is this really not common knowledge?

I tend to think the iCanon is a bit different than the rockets, in that they travel slower (you have more time to move out of the way) and they have secondary explosives. I know people say that isn't distinct enough, but it is for me. The applications of the two can be quite different based upon the geometry.

Tell me this ranking system isn't flawed; how does someone end up in the pro ranking with only 12 wins in Stronghold? Ranked pro in slayer, and semi-pro in breakout with  less than a 100 wins total including stronghold?

I won the first 15 out of 20 in slayer and was only ranked gold tier 3.

Won 4 out of 10 in breakout and got onyx tier 1.

wut?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone actually played the pro team? Do the play cat and mouse like everyone else who plays this game or do they just shit storm everyone because they know the game better?  Maybe they actually think Sprint is balanced because they haven't faced anyone at their level yet so they haven't dealt with all this bullshit. I can't ever remember having 4v4 games that ended because of time in the first 2 weeks of playing any other Halo game. For all the shit Pit TS got it never slowed down unless it was 45-45 unless there was money on the line.

The only reason people push is because xXsprintandARXx runs into battle every 2 seconds and goes 2-18.Every game I've had without someone like that is just a constant stalemate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bottom line: hydra adds absolutely nothing to the sandbox that isn't covered by something else. Therefore it has no reason to exist.

Your conclusion, despite the hard evidence presented...

Bottom line: hydra adds absolutely nothing to the sandbox that isn't covered by something else. Therefore it has no reason to exist.

What weapon besides the Hydra can kill someone like that from carbine to pink tower? The sniper is all I can think of. 

Bottom line: You don't like Halo 5 (which is fine) so you find a way to hate every thing added into the game.

I think this has gone on too long.

You have great patience, and did a good job answering back to him well.

the hydra is interesting too... thanks for the video.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won the first 15 out of 20 in slayer and was only ranked gold tier 3.

Won 4 out of 10 in breakout and got onyx tier 1.

I think because the Breakout games you played would have been against higher ranks since your MMR would have been higher after playing a decent number of Slayer games.

Just going to leave this here. 

This video is for all of the people who still think Halo isn't CoD on steroids.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Every microsoft meeting with game studio heads: Fuck it just make it similar to something else, make it sell, lie and then promise the next one will be better.