CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I want to believe in 343, because from the 50 or so games on halo 5 beta I actually did have fun. There is a shooting skill gap, which i fucking love. There are a lot of things that I like and dislike about this game, but I will have to say that I will buy this game if it's anything like the beta.

1) You said every weapon in every Halo was point-shoot-boom-death. Hydra kills in two but locks onto the target. Push, considering that the FRG is often at least two to kill.

Nah. You said the Hydra was point-shoot-boom-death weapon which makes no sense since 1. it isn't an insta kill 2. You don't even have to be looking at guy when you pull the trigger so with your screwy logic every Halo weapon most be point-shoot-boom-death. 

2) And the hydra fits in rather nicely with them, aye?

k

3) Okay?

Sounds like you're starting to see the logic. 1 rocket from a Rocket launcher at close range will kill 4 guys. While 6 missles from the Hydra will barely kill one at close range.

4) Right after you link me to a clip where a guy consistently gets with the FRG from rocket launcher distance.

Literally the first video I clicked on champ. 

I say those things because I don't like you and you irritate me.

Sorry your feelings got hurt

Flanking with the SMG is a freaking blast... probably my favorite weapon in the game right now.

Light Rifle + SMG combo = Goat

I want to believe in 343, because from the 50 or so games on halo 5 beta I actually did have fun. There is a shooting skill gap, which i fucking love. There are a lot of things that I like and dislike about this game, but I will have to say that I will buy this game if it's anything like the beta.

The only thing people say about this game is the shooting skill gap. That's seems to be the only skill gap is this entire game. Also, if you want a GIANT shooting skill gap go play some CS.

1) Do I really have to go get your exact post where you said that "every weapon in every Halo" follows the point-shoot-boom-death formula?

2) So now we're bringing up wacky, outlandish scenarios in which the explosive super weapons differ from each other? Oh, this sounds like fun.

3) I counted 5 out of 20-something FRG kills that weren't close range. So much for consistency. The way he used that FRG has about as much in common with the hydra as it does with the rockets.

Bottom line: hydra adds absolutely nothing to the sandbox that isn't covered by something else. Therefore it has no reason to exist.

I don't have much to say but here goes:

Maps are good, except eden.  It gives the blue team an advantage and there's just too much damn glare

Rockets are too powerful, just a slight decrease in AOE would do them good

I'm fine with smart scope but decrease the time to aim with it.  

I like the BR, think they did a good job with it as well as the other utility weapons, although the light rifle takes much too long to aim in with

AR and SMG should not have scopes and the power at range they have now.  They should be close range weapons exclusively

Slide just compounds on the issue with sprint, making it too easy to get away

clamber is just a bad replacement for crouch jumps

Thruster is OK, but it's too powerful right now

ground pound needs to be moved to another button on BJ so I can Gandhi hop and crouch jump without going in to the ground pound animation

Prophet's bane is too powerful, the energy sword is much better balanced.  Give the prophet's bane more speed than the energy sword but less lunge distance and less ammo/energy.  

Maps are good, game runs really smooth, but there are some big issues that need to be resolved.  I don't particularly like the game, but it's by no means a bad game.  If 343 was going for some weird Halo mashup they did a surprisingly good job keeping it balanced.

The only thing people say about this game is the shooting skill gap. That's seems to be the only skill gap is this entire game. Also, if you want a GIANT shooting skill gap go play some CS.

It's practically the same thing as complementing them on their water physics and their bug AI.

Oh wait, their bug AI is stupid.

1) Do I really have to go get your exact post where you said that "every weapon in every Halo" follows the point-shoot-boom-death formula?

Did I really need put a /s when I said that? I'm saying that if the Hydra counts as a point-shoot-boom-death weapon (Like you say it does), then so does every other Halo weapons /s 

2) So now we're bringing up wacky, outlandish scenarios in which the explosive super weapons differ from each other? Oh, this sounds like fun.

Yeah shooting guys at close range is a wacky outlandish scenario /s

3) I counted 5 out of 20-something FRG kills that weren't close range. So much for consistency. The way he used that FRG has about as much in common with the hydra as it does with the rockets.

Did you see every guy he killed on the bridge? With the FRG  he couldn't kill them at that range and had to pull out his DMR to get the kill. With a Hydra he would have easily killed them. 

Did you see every kill he got in that little room? He used the FRG because it was super close range and he could easily kill them. If he had the Hydra he would get descoped as soon as he started locking on to someone that close to him and he would've likely been killed. 

Bottom line: hydra adds absolutely nothing to the sandbox that isn't covered by something else. Therefore it has no reason to exist.

What weapon besides the Hydra can kill someone like that from carbine to pink tower? The sniper is all I can think of. 

Bottom line: You don't like Halo 5 (which is fine) so you find a way to hate every thing added into the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Larry Sizemore

I agree that the game doesn't need a whole bunch of redundant weapons but to say the Hydra is the same as a rocket launcher is pretty dumb. It's completely different.

IMO the Hydra belongs in BTB as it's far too situational to use in arena maps where there are so many walls and inside areas which pretty much counter it and it's no longer a power weapon.

The BR/DMR/Light Rifle is pretty dumb. Just replace the BR with the DMR (If you disagree with this you're wrong) and call it a day. If the Halo 2/3 fanboys absolutely insist that their MUST be a BR or it's no Halo (AKA, they were bad at Halo 1 and they have no idea how shit the BR was in those games) then just put a single fire/burst fire toggle on the weapon. There's no need to have 2 UNSC weapons that fill pretty much the exact same role. If they want single shots to be more effective at distance they could just make single shot more accurate at long range than burst shot.

That's something 343 could have done to "evolve" Halo's game play rather than adding sprint... Put some cool secondary fires on the weapons.

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil and UT are both examples of really awesome unique weapons that have lots of cool secondary fire modes.

For example, in UT you can charge up the rocket launcher and make it shoot multiple rockets at once. In Turok 2 your grenade launcher would either explode on impact or detonate after a few seconds.

I've always thought the Needler in Halo needed a complete re-work. It was useless in Halo 1/2 and it was ridiculous in Halo 3 as you could launch yourself over Narrows and get multikills without even aiming. The Needler should come back as a slow projectile based weapon that does massive damage and requires you to lead your target much like the Plasma Cannon/Nail Gun from the Quake series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here we go:

Maps:-

- Maps are far too dark. Blue team is basically hidden on most maps and this needs to be addressed.

- Power weapon placement or lack of is detrimental to the fast paced gameplay you are attempting to achieve. Camo and OS aren't utilized at all which could easily improve the pace of games. Different power weapon placement could improve maps substantially such as placing Rockets inside on empire.

- The breakout maps are far and away the most pleasing on the eye and the simplicity is a godsend. Seriously, simplicity is good! We don't need random monitors or pipes sticking out of walls or even grass growing out of the ground, everything included should be for gameplay purposes.

*Thruster*:-

- Significantly reduce thrusting distance sidewards and backwards. Currently it serves as a means to escape and easy way to rectify bad decisions and get out of losing situations which you should be punished for.

- Being unable to thrust when below 50 percent shield could effectively eliminate its purpose as a get out of jail free card which slows down gameplay.

- This really needs to be nerfed significantly or removed as it really is the most frustrating ability in the game and kills mid-long range battles.

Movement:-

- Base movement speed should be increased if sprint remains in the game or not.

- If sprint is to stay then base movement speed should not be as slow compared to it. This provides further complications for the flag runner and bomb runner if they are ridiculously slow in comparison to those sprinting, which will kill CTF and bomb gamemodes.

-More responsive strafe

- Crouch jumping needs to come back which is being worked on anyway

Clamber:-

- This seems to open up maps way too much IMO. I'd prefer it if you could only clamber specific ledges which could be marked on the map. This could provide more opportunity to put skill jumps in the game which require crouch jumping and such while also eliminating jumps such as from your base on regret to top mid.

Weapons:-

- The low aim assist on the utility weapons such as the BR, DMR, LR, SMG, pistol and AR feel great. It makes me feel like I have to work for my kills in 1 on 1 battles.

- Flinch needs to go ASAP

- The sniper could do with lowered aim assist while also making it a lot faster to zoom in with and a slight increase in ROF.

- Smart scope on automatics such as the AR and SMG seem excessive and tighten spread way too much to the point were they are OP.

- Smart scope should be automatic instead of with a delay and honestly classic zoom on certain weapons would be a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Breakout:-

- I feel like pistol only starts are the way to go in this gamemode. SMG starts seem to be slightly random and connection based and pistol only starts would widen the skill gap as opposed to having the SMG in there.

- 1 hit kill Grenades are perfect in this gamemode.

- Having 1 BR and 1 AR per side should be changed. They should become power weapons at the centre of the map which teams should compete for. Grenades are pretty useful as power weapons on crossfire but there is no incentive to run for the plasma nades and this could play a lot better with a BR in place of plasmas or at the centre of the map.

- Third person spectating cam is a big massive no and needs to be changed to first person.

Ranking system:-

- Initial placements seem completely off and should be addressed. Nobody should be getting semi-pro or pro from the initial placements.

- Dropping down from semi pro to onyx should be a thing.

- The matching system seems to need a lot of work as I regularly match up with people who haven't placed as a semi pro. I also often match teams of 4 semi-pros in blatantly unfair teams with me being the only semi pro in my team and we are all playing solo. I could search ranked solo in halo 3 as a 48-50 and get into nice competitive games with competent teammates but searching solo on the beta is basically just throwing your rank down the drain.

- Social playlists should be included in the final game. Sometimes I want to chill out and play halo. Sometimes I haven't played for a few days and want to warm up. Sometimes somebody might come around to my house and want to play a game. I don't want to constantly be playing sweaty matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

jesus christ

Is stabilizer really that bad? I'm not playing H5. I would have thought it to be one of the welcome changes. It doesn't seem particularly powerful.

Is stabilizer really that bad? I'm not playing H5. I would have thought it to be one of the welcome changes. It doesn't seem particularly powerful.

You get to float, in mid air, when you scope in.

It is literally a jetpack height advantage you can trigger at any point while in the air.

You get to float, in mid air, when you scope in.

It is literally a jetpack height advantage you can trigger at any point while in the air.

Right, makes sense. Instant height advantage.

Funny thing about "immersion", my teammate and I were shooting an afk, and I hear his Spartan say "thanks for the assist, nearly had me there".

So immersive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's always Halo 6, right @@Deez?

#Immersion

I like stabilizers. Adds a decent amount of tactic. I don't think it should EVER be auto stabilize though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im assuming you guys have already seen this video 

i just watched it today and it was so fucking cringe, the things they say and try to justify. And the comments below, dont get me started, are almost depressing. Ive fucking lost hope again, damnit.

Next their fish will swim away from you when underwater!

And they'll call it "groundbreaking" and forget that Nintendo did it nearly 20 years ago with Super Mario 64 back in 1996 lol.