CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Would you agree then that cod has superior gameplay mechanics over every other console fps since it's the most popular console shooter?

If game design alone is what drives people to play, shadowrun would be the most popular xbox game.

Shadowrun...really?

No, the CS wannabe.

Have you ever played or spectated shadowrun?

The buy menus and round based gameplay were the only things shadowrun had in common with CS.

It is, objectively speaking, a better designed fps with a deeper meta than any other console fps, with perhaps the exception of CE.

Four years, everyone. We have gotten nowhere. There are still problems. There are still debates. There are still morons who know little. There are still devs that know less. There are still empty promises. There are still blatent lies. There are no grasps of hope left.

Don't forget, unfounded accusations of bias.

Nades in H5 seem to have a bit of a "homing" aspect to them. Or is that just me?

Nope they're just like H2A nades. Magnetic grenades.

This is it. This is what we're coming to.

Honestly? Give up. It sounds depressing, but just go ahead. The franchise is going nowhere good. Ranks? Sponsers? E-Sports? I'll give it three months. Any longer and it's just grasping at straws. A shell is not better than the core. It never will be.

What are we even doing. Feedback. Elaborate posts. Strong and smart suggestions. Good opinions. Tournaments. Video impressions. Community content.

Wasted.

Four years, everyone. We have gotten nowhere. There are still problems. There are still debates. There are still morons who know little. There are still devs that know less. There are still empty promises. There are still blatent lies. There are no grasps of hope left.

Enjoy what we have left. It will be gone later.

Pretty much.

Would you agree then that cod has superior gameplay mechanics over every other console fps since it's the most popular console shooter?

If game design alone is what drives people to play, shadowrun would be the most popular xbox game.

Lol look at yourself, seriously look at yourself. What did halo 3 ever do to you that you post such ridiculous straw man arguments. Anytime you try to debate with people about halo 3. You quote excerpts out of posts and either twist the words and/or ignore the rest of your post so you actually can post back.

This campaign against halo 3 is silly. I'm not bothered with your "points" regarding h3 because they are all laughable so I'm done replying. I lurked these forums for a good while before joining and have seen your attempts st brainwashing people into believing h3 is da worst thing evar, so I know everything you have to say about it at this point.

Edit: thank you for proving my point. VVVV

• Upvote (+1) 1

Irony that the key Shadowrun devs (Hamrick, Sage,whoever else) went to Bungie and then made Reach when everyone thought they would be the Messiah that would bring comp Halo to new heights. Same with Quinn, a true oldschool Halo fan who seemed to "get it" and be in touch with the comp audience and now I am even having my doubts about him. Its like every AAA dev is scared to make a true Arena FPS these days and is too busy masturbating to CoD numbers they will never have. I think if done right a AAA Arena FPS could be a big hit as there is a gaping hole right now in the competitive FPS genre that was literally built on these types of shooters. Hopefully UT4 and Bluestreak will revitalize the genre in 2015 and then ID will make Q5 causing everyone to bow down to the true king once more.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lol look at yourself, seriously look at yourself....straw man arguments....I'm not bothered with your "points" regarding h3 because they are all laughable...your attempts st brainwashing people

Classy.

Popularity=\=competitive merit.

Popularity=popularity.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol look at yourself, seriously look at yourself. What did halo 3 ever do to you that you post such ridiculous straw man arguments. Anytime you try to debate with people about halo 3. You quote excerpts out of posts and either twist the words and/or ignore the rest of your post so you actually can post back.

This campaign against halo 3 is silly. I'm not bothered with your "points" regarding h3 because they are all laughable so I'm done replying. I lurked these forums for a good while before joining and have seen your attempts st brainwashing people into believing h3 is da worst thing evar, so I know everything you have to say about it at this point.

H3 is pretty bad though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Irony that the key Shadowrun devs (Hamrick, Sage,whoever else) went to Bungie and then made Reach when everyone thought they would be the Messiah that would bring comp Halo to new heights. Same with Quinn, a true oldschool Halo fan who seemed to "get it" and be in touch with the comp audience and now I am even having my doubts about him. Its like every AAA dev is scared to make a true Arena FPS these days and is too busy masturbating to CoD numbers they will never have. I think if done right a AAA Arena FPS could be a big hit as there is a gaping hole right now in the competitive FPS genre that was literally built on these types of shooters.

Probably being forced to cater to the casual masses who want this gimmicky shit added that is so "successful" in CoD.

Unfortunately the gaming industry isn't about competitive merit any more, it's about money, money and money.

I sometimes wonder what viewing this forum high would be like. I would probably pop off on someone then ask the next person under to make love to me.

Either way, I think that we can all agree on this:

343 are clueless. Halo is dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope they're just like H2A nades. Magnetic grenades.

Pretty much.

Magnetism on grenades. Wow.

#Mangetisimmersion

Halo 6 won't even require you to aim at all anymore at this rate...

I sometimes wonder what viewing this forum high would be like. I would probably pop off on someone then ask the next person under to make love to me.

Either way, I think that we can all agree on this:

343 are clueless. Halo is dead.

I love Katy Perry too.

I feel like it's a fucking sin to love Halo 5 around here. I'm having a lot of fun. Been playing since day 1 CE, played every MP in its prime, loved them all, and I love H5 so far. 

And wheres the source for magnetic grenades? Did you make that up? Because I'm 99.99% sure the problem is just a large blast radius. Not sure how that makes them magnetic. 

You never give up, do you?

I feel like it's a fucking sin to love Halo 5 around here. I'm having a lot of fun. Been playing since day 1 CE, played every MP in its prime, loved them all, and I love H5 so far. 

Fun game (at times), but ask yourself, is it a Halo game?

If you say yes to that, you are lying to yourself.

You never give up, do you?

Maybe because it's not competitive? Idk I get the feeling this site might be geared towards the competitive side of Halo, but all the H3 apologists make me doubt that.

I love Katy Perry too.

And wheres the source for magnetic grenades? Did you make that up? Because I'm 99.99% sure the problem is just a large blast radius. Not sure how that makes them magnetic. 

Just based on what I've seen while playing it. I've had nades get stuck to my feet and follow me when I backpeddle.

Fun game (at times), but ask yourself, is it a Halo game?

If you say yes to that, you are lying to yourself.

It feels like Halo to me. Not sure how you can officially tell someone their opinion is wrong. If sprint were removed, it would be one of my more liked Halo experiences in a long time. Thrusters could use a nerf, both in CD and range, but it feels GOOD to play. I love the shooting and general feel of the game. 

Maybe because it's not competitive? Idk I get the feeling this site might be geared towards the competitive side of Halo, but all the H3 apologists make me doubt that.

Differing opinions and all that, I guess. 

Aiming is a jarring experience.

Oh the irony.

I edited because people like you would misunderstand the inside joke. Sure was right :P Awkward. 

Just based on what I've seen while playing it. I've had nades get stuck to my feet and follow me when I backpeddle.

Damn. Honestly I think it's just a big blast radius. Try spectating someone and check it out. It's huge.

I've seen nades bounce and arc toward me rather than continue on what should have been their original trajectory.

It happens a lot actually.

It feels like Halo to me. Not sure how you can officially tell someone their opinion is wrong. If sprint were removed, it would be one of my more liked Halo experiences in a long time. Thrusters could use a nerf, both in CD and range, but it feels GOOD to play. I love the shooting and general feel of the game. 

How can a game with Sprint feel like Halo to you? Are you sure your first game was not Reach?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can a game with Sprint feel like Halo to you? Are you sure your first game was not Reach?

Oh ffs Batchford, don't be THAT guy. 

My first game was CE day 1. Loved that game and had lan parties nearly every other weekend with my older brother. 

And why does it feel like Halo to me? Because I barely use it. I find myself holding down spots on the map just fine w/o it. I wish the base movement speed was faster, though.

Reach was abysmal, played about 20 hours of it. Played about 5-10 hours of H4. I think I have the same opinion as most of you when it comes to Halo games. 

• Upvote (+1) 5