CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I crack up knowing that Josh Holmes, Kevin Franklin, Quinn, et al are probably sitting around the campfire in their office convinced that they have created a top-notch, purebred Halo game, and are interpreting the backlash from here as us just being haters. "Welp, I guess they really don't like true competitive Halo as much as they say they do... gamers are so fickle, lawlz!!!"

I don't want the franchise to end, I just want a change in developer. There is still a great Halo game out there waiting to be made (an actual Halo game, not Halo meets CoD meets Titanfall meets Murder Miners meets whatever the fuck else). It just has to be made by people who:

1) Love Halo

2) Know Halo

3) Have a passion for Halo

4) Have an appreciation for all of Halo's offerings (not just 2s on Prisoner and 4s on Midship and Pit; campaign, forge, FFAs, big team battle)

5) Take pride in their work

6) Have their priorities straight

7) Recognize that the best way Halo can compete with modern shooters is by staying in its own fucking lane.

None of that criteria describes anyone important at 343. Therefore they need to be shitcanned.

In other words, me :) And other developers like me.

Strongside, Ghost, and Neighbor should know best that if you cant play Tour De Walsh on Truth(aka Sprintship 2.0) without wanting to kill yourself from all the camping/ADS BR/chicken chases, its not a good Halo game. People played Midship FFA's for literally hours on end in H2 and still do(I played more Midship FFA/Mid-war than all my game time in H4 combined!), would anyone want to do that in H5? Similarly in UT,  CTF-Facing Worlds no time limit a very simple map without this "uber stratz meta" people seem to be obsessed about these days was obsessively played in the same way.  Replay-ability>#Immersion

In fact, I would say for most DM FPS if basic skill-based DM modes like FFA suck, the whole game will suck. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's honestly the first thing I think about doing in that "if I ever won the lottery / powerball" day dreams; more so than buying a car or a house or whatever.

Well, good to know I'm not alone there.

One of these days I'm going to finally make that "describe your ideal Halo game" thread.

Have you noticed that the crosshair in the beta is in the middle of the screen reducing what you can see above you while it was a bit lower in previous games ?

40LR52y.png

It was the very first thing I noticed when they bumped it down in H2 and the first thing I noticed when they bumped it back up in H5... It surprises me how it flies over so many people's heads.

I crack up knowing that Josh Holmes, Kevin Franklin, Quinn, et al are probably sitting around the campfire in their office convinced that they have created a top-notch, purebred Halo game, and are interpreting the backlash from here as us just being haters. "Welp, I guess they really don't like true competitive Halo as much as they say they do... gamers are so fickle, lawlz!!!"

I don't want the franchise to end, I just want a change in developer. There is still a great Halo game out there waiting to be made (an actual Halo game, not Halo meets CoD meets Titanfall meets Murder Miners meets whatever the fuck else). It just has to be made by people who:

1) Love Halo

2) Know Halo

3) Have a passion for Halo 

4) Have an appreciation for all of Halo's offerings (not just 2s on Prisoner and 4s on Midship and Pit; campaign, forge, FFAs, big team battle)

5) Take pride in their work

6) Have their priorities straight

7) Recognize that the best way Halo can compete with modern shooters is by staying in its own fucking lane.

None of that criteria describes anyone important at 343. Therefore they need to be shitcanned.

@@MrTummyTumms are you a 343 apologist by any chance? Waypoint is your website friend

Well, good to know I'm not alone there.

One of these days I'm going to finally make that "describe your ideal Halo game" thread.

The opensource halo project baby!

I would love to see this.

I think someone is already doing this off another game engine (Farcry 3?), but I would rather see Microsoft release the code for these games. 

Have you noticed that the crosshair in the beta is in the middle of the screen reducing what you can see above you while it was a bit lower in previous games ?

40LR52y.png

One thing I never noticed about H5 is how massive the gun models are.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@MrTummyTumms are you a 343 apologist by any chance? Waypoint is your website friend

Apologist? No, but I do disagree with a lot that is said by some people on this site. But there is a lot of stuff that people say that I do agree with. I don't pick sides. Sorry though if you expect me to have the same mindset as you towards everything. But it's just not going to happen.

Apologist? No, but I do disagree with a lot that is said by some people on this site. But there is a lot of stuff that people say that I do agree with. I don't pick sides. Sorry though if you expect me to have the same mindset as you towards everything. But it's just not going to happen.

So you think 343 understand Halo? You can't be this thick.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Apologist? No, but I do disagree with a lot that is said by some people on this site.

So instead of actually countering what you disagree with (that would require effort), you just lazily slap the downvote button and make your voice heard that way. Because contributions are for tryhards. Way to go.

So instead of actually countering what you disagree with (that would require effort), you just lazily slap the downvote button and make your voice heard that way. Because contributions are for tryhards. Way to go.

I contribute by posting feedback to the people that actually work on the game.

I contribute by posting feedback to the people that actually work on the game.

I posted a fucking essay of feedback on H5. Does that make me some sort of demigod?

343 think Sprint is good for Halo, yet you are literally sucking them off for free while they make Call of Halo the Sequel.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I posted a fucking essay of feedback on H5. Does that make me some sort of demigod?

343 think Sprint is good for Halo, yet you are literally sucking them off for free while they make Call of Halo the Sequel.

Literally?

This is just circlejerking now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Literally?

This is just circlejerking now.

"all crowd around the "Hail 343" statue and pray to Josh Holmes, because  :weback:!!!1"

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you think 343 understand Halo? You can't be this thick.

Do I think 343 understands Halo? To a degree yes. Do I think what they're doing is best for Halo? In some areas yes again. But do I think that the people working on Halo don't care about the franchise? Not a chance. Do I think they haven't been trying their best with Halo? MCC was a terrible launch, but I do think they tried to do their best with Halo 4 and I think they are with Halo 5. But yeah, I must be thick for thinking that.

Knowing Microsoft, I bet another Halo is already in the works by another developer, lets just hope it's an FPS and they are competent...

inb4 Halo MMOFPS

At this point I think it's better to support indie devs and/or hope a franchise reboot in 5-6 years.

Do I think 343 understands Halo? To a degree yes. Do I think what they're doing is best for Halo? In some areas yes again. But do I think that the people working on Halo don't care about the franchise? Not a chance. Do I think they haven't been trying their best with Halo? MCC was a terrible launch, but I do think they tried to do their best with Halo 4 and I think they are with Halo 5. But yeah, I must be thick for thinking that.

They tried their best with Halo 4.

I am FUCKING done. Like, I am considering quitting Halo, Xbox and life in general after reading this paragraph of utter BS. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Halo fan.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

wee-bey-gif.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am FUCKING done. Like, I am considering quitting Halo, Xbox and life in general after reading this paragraph of utter BS. You should be ashamed to call yourself a Halo fan.

Haha not ashamed at all. I started with H2 and since then I've followed Halo from the comics, to the books and so on. Didn't enjoy H4 as much as the others, but it was still a really fun game to play with my friends.

Why are you attacking him?. If he doesn't fall in line with the same views as the majority of the site it doesn't matter. You can try express your views to enlighten or change his opinion on issues you don't agree with without insulting him.

You're talking shit saying he's literally sucking 343 off, yet the majority of the people on this site are no better. There is overwhelming evidence mcc was released broken on purpose yet people post every week talking complete garbage. "If this patch doesn't fix the game I'm done". Yet Ask when the new updates out every weekend.

Tldr.

You don't need to attack anyone to get a point across. This is worse than those kids who bash anyone anti 343/Sprint halo. Srsly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

A downvote to suicide contemplation in the space of like 3 posts. I think the Halo community is in a good mental state right now :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 4