CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just saw this post on a comment for a post by the "Halo 5" Facebook page. I want this kid to drink a battery-acid milkshake:

Dude he's right all halo needs is some light swearing and then it will be no.1 fps despite being on one platform! :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just saw this post on a comment for a post by the "Halo 5" Facebook page. I want this kid to drink a battery-acid milkshake:

Clearly all you need to make a good map nowadays is add in weather effects like lightning and shit. This is why people say all you need to impress casuals nowadays is some shiny graphics and effects. Screw lines of sight, all we need is RAIN. 

Also, I just noticed, did that kid really say "Take back the thrown" instead of throne. Dude, I'm done. 

WHat is wrong with the traditional rocket design? I dont get it. it does seem slow too

I do think Pegasus is a solid map though

I enjoy the map as well... I can finally get going with the Sniper on it! :D Some cool places to post up too around the power-weapons.

One of the better maps in the Beta IMO, to be honest...

I enjoy the map as well... I can finally get going with the Sniper on it! :D Some cool places to post up too around the power-weapons.

One of the better maps in the Beta IMO, to be honest...

It's the only map with any sort of flow to it so by default it's the best out of a terrible bunch of maps.

Also, I just noticed, did that kid really say "Take back the thrown" instead of throne. Dude, I'm done.

Yes. Yes he did.

...twice.

The BR spread is just as shit as it was in Halo 2. Trying to have a gun battle from red to blue on Truth is impossible.

Probably to balance out the DMR. Would actually prefer to at least try it out as a starting weapon, but 343 had other ideas with AR/BR starts.

One of the biggest reasons chasing is a thing right now.

Combined with sprint, it's fucking ridiculous. I can't even stay alive.

One of the biggest reasons chasing is a thing right now.

What's worse is that using radar defensively is pretty much pointless. I'd look at it quickly, once I got into a decent position, to make sure I was "secure" to scope in on someone or to look around... and I'd be scoped in for less than a second, or would scope in and then immediately scope out, only to find someone already within CQB range, and likely have at least a shot or two on me already.

Why? Because 1) radar seems to have a range of about 10m, and 2) sprint + thruster (especially when someone has speed boost from the sword) means they can be out of range one second and then be up your ass the next.

It's annoying and accounts for at least 30% of my deaths, while mistakenly starting the charge for a ground-pound (because it's stupidly mapped to crouch) accounts for at least 50% of them.

I take it back, animation assassination is THE worst thing ever put into Halo with radar/spring as a very close second.

Playing breakout, get assassination, not trying to do the animation, die because my guy can't move, lose the round.

@@Cursed Lemon

That doesn't negate Halo 3's shitty aspects though. You shouldn't have to lower your standards because post-Halo 3 games were even shittier.

I'm not sure I said it did.

I'm a big fan of H3 (It's where I came into the series), but I've been playing a decent amount of H2 lately and would have to disagree with you.

This is what I've noticed -

The aiming in H2 feels a lot smoother, I'm assuming this has something to do with not having any aim acceleration.

The maps are a decent amount better in H2.

Plus, from what I've heard, the button glitches added another dimension to the gameplay and increased the skill gap.

Sorry you can't disagree with facts. H2 has a tremendous amount of auto-aim. It was clearly designed for noobs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe this doens't belong in the H5 thread, but wanted to discuss about the H2A maps by Certain Affinity.

CA kind of choose the new designs of the maps, then asked 343 and got approval from them, I think. Anyway, all I'm saying is that, CA could have had total control of how the maps worked or how the maps were remade.

If that's the case, you can see a quite difference of experiences between the companies. For example, Eden vs Lockdown. Most of us who played Week 2, could notice that the Blue team had quite an advantage over the Red team, just because the map was set at midnight, the Blue team can set different positions where the enemy couldn't notice right away, thanks to the many shadows/blue brightness of the map.

In-game, Eden.
qIMjzU4.jpg

While in the other hand, a lot of people noticed how Redish Lockdown was, people disliked it and complained. When IGN finally went through the map with Max Hobberman, Max explained that due to the map being blueish, they believed the Blue team had an advantage over the Red team, and the group took the tough call of having a balanced color. In this case, redish-ishyish.

(Comparison between Original LOCKDOWN, and an edited version being bluish.)
Czn07cX.png

Interesting to see they decided to make one controversial change such as the atmosphere of the map for the sake of balance. Compared to Eden.

And yes, its harder to spot blue spartans around the map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I take it back, animation assassination is THE worst thing ever put into Halo with radar/spring as a very close second.

Playing breakout, get assassination, not trying to do the animation, die because my guy can't move, lose the round.

@@Cursed Lemon

Stop blaming all of your mistakes on the game. You can easily avoid going into that animation if you want to. If you truly think THAT is the worst thing ever put into Halo then your priorities are quite skewed.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Stop blaming all of your mistakes on the game. You can easily avoid going into that animation if you want to. If you truly think THAT is the worst thing ever put into Halo then your priorities are quite skewed.

Bullshit. I tap melee everytime but half the time I'm forced into an assassination. Watching a dumb ass team mate sit in mid trying to steal it while getting team shot by 3 players...

• Upvote (+1) 4