CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

lol

No dude, just no.

Halo 1 is hard to aim in due to fast base movement speed and very little autoaim. The controls feel tight and responsive.

Halo 3 is hard to aim with due to sluggish controls and absurd aim acceleration which means makes aiming feel completely unnatural. Unlike Halo 1, aiming in Halo 3 isn't hard due to little autoaim, it's hard because you have to fight with your controller to make anything happen.

I prefer Halo 2's absurd amounts of autoaim over Halo 3, because at least I can make my crosshair go where I want it to.

Like Counter Strike. People still play DE_Dust and DE_Dust 2 in CS:GO which were in CS 1.6. The maps have been slightly altered throughout the years but the original layout of the maps are largely unchanged. On top of this plenty of new maps have been added and the amount of community content is insane.

Could you imagine how amazing Halo 5 would be if it had something similar to Steam Workshop, which gives the community developer tools to create maps? Not Forge, but the proper tools to create ANYTHING?

Yes. I can.

And that is the torturous part of it all, because I know PRECISELY how much more awesome Halo could be WITHOUT turning into a different game, so that when I see it doing just that (changing), I die inside :/

It's pretty ridiculous how much of a crutch forge has become for competitive maps. Can we just get good, developer made maps that ship with the game for once instead of having to build them ourselves? 343 has yet to make a map that would make it into the Top 15 maps in Halo history, hell even the Top 20 and with all the nonsense with sprint and clamber, they're even managing to ruin classic maps like Midship. 

Had nearly 6 games in a row where my team tried their best to throw the game dota style...

20+ point leads to losing by 1. What a fucking joke.

It's pretty ridiculous how much of a crutch forge has become for competitive maps. Can we just get good, developer made maps that ship with the game for once instead of having to build them ourselves? 343 has yet to make a map that would make it into the Top 15 maps in Halo history, hell even the Top 20 and with all the nonsense with sprint and clamber, they're even managing to ruin classic maps like Midship. 

Whoever the map designers are at 343, they are completely incompetent. How they managed to get into their positions is truly confusing.

Done with the beta. Hopefully when the full game comes out there will be people that actually want to communicate with their team

Done with the beta. Hopefully when the full game comes out there will be people that actually want to communicate with their team

Why waste time communicating when the ******* don't even listen?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When the full game comes out, you'll be lucky if you have enough players to make up a team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that is true. 343/certain affinity are yet to make a halo map that is considered good.

But we have spartan chatter now! Call-outs and immersion!!   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we get a Josh Holmes smiley? im getting a bit tired of the quinn one  :quinn:

EXACTLY

I've accepted that that's just how it is on consoles. Whether it's the beta, MCC, CoD, or whatever. Might as well go back to WoW.

Halo 3 is hard to aim with due to sluggish controls and absurd aim acceleration which means makes aiming feel completely unnatural. Unlike Halo 1, aiming in Halo 3 isn't hard due to little autoaim, it's hard because you have to fight with your controller to make anything happen.

So much this.

Though Halo Ce and Halo 3 are still my favorite Halo games anyways.

No shotgun in Beta? Thought it was one of the 11 weapons?

Expect it to be a semi-automatic shotgun, more accurate when zoomed-in and with a range of fire of 30m.

Joke aside, I'm also surprised we haven't seen it since it was in their video showing the new abilities (after saying the game wouldn't have abilities) in the arena part of the game. I still believe the button we use now for Thruster Pack will still be used for Jetpacks, Camo, Shield, Promethean vision, ... and that this is also a reason we did not see any powerup on maps.

Except all of these personal thoughts, what's your opinion about weapon timers? I hate it, it feels like Halo 4 minus the animation of drop. Imo opponents shouldn't know where you are when their team do not see you, and shouldn't know what weapon your team have if they did not see it already picked. Moreover we have now the automatics callouts that says :

"Power weapons in 30s" > "Power weapons in 10s" > "Power weapons are up" > "Enemy team has the sniper"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ScgDzcKEU&feature=youtu.be&t=3m49s (sorry for the greenskull link...)

As it is not the main issue about Halo 5, I feel assisted a lot and I don't feel that my knowledge of the game is rewarded. It took all the "timing skill" away from the game. Moreover, I didn't feel the need to occupy the portions of the maps where power weapons spawned as I knew when we should move there 30s before it appears, appart from the very bad spawning locations of weapon like snipers on Empire or Rocket/Hydra on Regret. I do not get how you can control the map in order to get the Rocket/Hydra on Regret, really, you have to leave any sight of view in order to go in a semi opened area bottom mid wich has the particularity to be a nade fest area.

tl;dr I feel like the game should not tell me when and where a power weapon will spawn, this should be part of learning the maps and so of the "learning curve" of the game, wich I don't see anymore as a curve but as a step.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because you don't score in Stronghold unless you hold at least two territories all it does is promote landslide victories.

Basic stuff like this makes it obvious that there are some people making decisions at a high level who have no business doing so. It's obvious how badly it affects the game and you don't even have to playtest it to realize that.

As it is not the main issue about Halo 5, I feel assisted a lot and I don't feel that my knowledge of the game is rewarded. It took all the "timing skill" away from the game. Moreover, I didn't feel the need to occupy the portions of the maps where power weapons spawned as I knew when we should move there 30s before it appears, appart from the very bad spawning locations of weapon like snipers on Empire or Rocket/Hydra on Regret. I do not get how you can control the map in order to get the Rocket/Hydra on Regret, really, you have to leave any sight of view in order to go in a semi opened area bottom mid wich has the particularity to be a nade fest area.

tl;dr I feel like the game should not tell me when and where a power weapon will spawn, this should be part of learning the maps and so of the "learning curve" of the game, wich I don't see anymore as a curve but as a step.

We've been over this a few times and the general consensus is that hitting a button on an app before the game starts is not a skill.

Personally I love the fact that my noob opponents will fight with me over rockets now.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Semi-Pro in Strongholds and Slayer now just confirming that the beta still is in fact, "meh". Let ya know when I'm "Pro" if it still is trollololol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've been over this a few times and the general consensus is that hitting a button on an app before the game starts is not a skill.

Personally I love the fact that my noob opponents will fight with me over rockets now.

I have to concede that, but imo pushing a button at least requires an action from the player, this is an active way to get infos, not a passive one where all the infos are just thrown in your ears and eyes.

The reason people use apps in Halo 1 is because there is no in game timer. A timer is necessary unless you want to put a large visible stop watch next to your screen.

In Halo 2/3 I timed weapons perfectly well without a timer, I just looked at the in game clock and used the knowledge I had in the game. If I picked up rockets uncontested I earned them.

Skill in Halo shouldn't only be determined by how well you shoot. There's a lot of mind games in FPS as well.

There's a reason Zyos was unstoppable in 1v1 despite not having the best pistol in Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just saw this post on a comment for a post by the "Halo 5" Facebook page. I want this kid to drink a battery-acid milkshake:

My Halo 5 impressions:

Thank god 343 FORCED their will on to the halo community and forced change down our throats. The halo community had no idea what was good for them, there were so many clowns running this game down before the beta release and now where are they all?!!!! EXACTLY!!!!

343 has proven that the future of halo is in good hands.

I can barely fault the game at the moment.

But I will try my best here below:

So the ONLY small minor problems I have with the game are mainly aesthetic. I'll list them in order of importance to me:

1. The BR - is annoying me because I cannot hear burst fire. It sounds like a singe shot.

2. The MAGNUM - The holographic smart scope design for this weapon is really bad. Not only does it have too much insignificant bits and pieces clogging up your view but it looks ugly too. Change it !

3. The LIGHT RIFLE ZOOM - I like how it splits apart but when it's actually scoped it looks stupid the way the pieces are floating all over the screen.

4. The ENERGY SWORDS - Both Too bright!!!

5. The ROCKET LAUNCHER - Shoots a bit slow and the sound is pretty crap and boring compared to previous rocket launchers.

6. WEAPON SPAWNS - Power Weapons spawn a TINY bit too often.

7. BREAK OUT ARENA MODE - The announcers voice HAS TO GO. Not for medal call outs, but for when he says things like "3on2" "4on2" etc.

It makes the game feel lame. Just those announcements. The medal call outs sound great. Instead of the announcers voice calling out the ratio, Maybe a nice holographic template should flash across the screen instead of the announcers voice. Or the advisor on the Two-way radio should advise you what the score count is instead or maybe even there should be a different voice coming out of the speakers above the arena where the score board is?! That's be sick! The announcers voice in this mode is REALLY annoying and it doesn't sound cool at all like in normal slayer game types. The medal announcements are great But let's not rape his voice. Sort something else out for the ratio announcements PLEASE!!!

(Hopefully there will be some different coloured arenas too instead of everything being blue and hello, that's be nice) and also, why aren't the TV screens lit up in the arenas? They should be flashing with player stats and profiles etc.

And lastly, HOPEFULLY when the game drops, the arena won't look so cartoony like the way it looks now before the game match starts when you see the entire arena drifting through space as the games about to start.

8. A.I CHATTER: I would have liked the A.i chatter to be slightly more realistic. I still think the A.i chatter sounds like the Spartans are having a tea party at times rather than being in the middle of a live fire fight. I want them to sound like they are shouting at times when grenades are going off around them and even some light swearing. It needs to be "adulted up" a lil bit because compared to other FPS games halo comes accross like a bit of a baby version of FPS war games and I want this to be something 343 looks at. It's never going to be as real as COD or battle field BUT we can at least make sure it doesn't fall into the trap of being babyish because it's sort of on the verge of it in my opinion and id hate to see that happen with out anyone realising. Add some light swearing during SOME parts of the war game and make the Spartans sound like they're actually in a war zone and look at other options too. That would make the game HECTIC!!!

9. MUSIC: Halo 5's entire music playlist is pretty bad. Believe it or not, hectic Music draws players back to the game. I remember when I first ever played COD for the first time. It was black ops 2 (I hate cod & I've never played any other cod since) but the main menu music leading into matchmaking was sick!!! Just that alone had me thinking about coming back to play it even tho I was no good at it and didn't like the game. The music pumped me up!!!

I understand halo needs that certain level of emotional orchestra type music, BUT can we save that for the main start screen menu and campaign? Let's make the Matchmaking music more hyped up. I want an action packed halo title mixed with mellow music in other parts and sections of the game.

Would also like to hear different death instrumentals for each different map just so it doesn't get too boring hearing the same death music on every map or maybe for example if you play on truth and get killed, the death music in that game might be the one we already know, but next time you play on truth it might be a different death music just so it doesn't get too repetitive.

10. The GRAPHICS - They're not bad at the moment but definitely need to improve. Some areas really stand out with poor graphics. Like the grassy rocky area on Pegasus for example.

(New Loves)

* Love the Hydra - I love that ppl don't understand how to use it properly yet and think it's not that good.

* Love the AR for the first time ever !

* Love all the maps for the first time ever in halo. Love that we have so many human city maps already, and love that EDEN is at night time with lightning. It would be better if it rained every second time you played or randomly. I've been calling for weather changes on maps for ages. Either during matches, or randomly, let's say Eden for example, it rains one time u play it, and maybe doesn't rain for a few matches and then rains again. Same thing on OTHER MAPS but maybe it could switch from night to morning or vice versa. Or snow, or lightning after every few times to play on it.

This would add to map longevity. Keep the maps fresh for longer and the player will never know what they are gonna get.

Conclusion:

If it wasn't for 343 forcing change for halo then halo would be dead. This was halos last chance. I still think it's a little too late but still halo had one last heart beat to be revived and 343 has done it.

However, these changes should have been implemented in halo 4 for halo to be up on the level of call of duty. We needed to come up with all these abilities BEFORE COD did. And that would have given halo the best chance to knock COD off the thrown for a year or two. So it's too little too late but better late than never because halo is still alive as a result of 343s actions....

But make no mistake, halo 5 is not enough for halo to be back on top. WE NEED TO INVENT NEW STUFF for halo 6 that's never been seen before for halo to be taken completely seriously in the future. But atleast halo 5 has caught the attention of the top dog FPS Games of the world again and is finally in a realistic position to create something in halo 6 that will combine with what we now have in halo 5 that will revolutionise the entire FPS world like COD has been doing. If we wanna be back on top we have to revolutionise the FPS world and make COD and other FPSs copy us and not the other way around. And we are in a prime position with halo 5 to take back the thrown.

Loving this game so far....

Death to the old halo community that hate change!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHat is wrong with the traditional rocket design? I dont get it. it does seem slow too

I do think Pegasus is a solid map though, just sick to death of people not talking and playing like idiots