CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sprint and Clamber share the top spot for me.

Low base player movement speed and jump height is next

The maps are third

Automatic weapons are fourth

Everyone want to rank their dislikes?

1) Smartscope - slow, generic, ruins sniper, looks like shit, breaks lore. 

2) Sprint - Do I need to explain? 

3) Automatic headshot bonus. Yeah, I know it was in CE, but it just adds randomness due to spread. 

4) Slow base movement speed.

5) Not enough power weapon or powerups. I know Sprint will never be completely "fixed" without removal, but faster timers would help prevent stalemates, which are now common. 

6) Recoil. This shouldn't be a thing for any precision weapon. Especially one with a high ROF like Pistol. 

Not a bad list, if you don't mind me adding to it:

1) Scopes are too slow, I agree, especially with the sniper. I don't hate them though, they're kind of cool looking. Wouldn't mind it being discarded on autos though.

2) Don't think the same sprint argument from H4/R could be used for 5. Should be nerfed further though. Slower with less shields maybe?

3) Get rid of this, it's too OP and RNG isn't fun (noobs spray).

4) Yep. Needs to be fast enough to negate sprint most of the time. Make it so it's barely slower to walk instead of sprint.

5) I think this will be fixed for launch. Powerups should help a lot. I DO think the power weapons could use a buff.

6) Agreed

7) Take out shooting nades with bullets. I know it's "cool" but it adds RNG to a skilled gun fight.

8) 5 second thruster, slightly smaller range.

9) take out hold to clamber, need to be able to time it right or can't do it at all.

10) Ghandi hopping back --> Better controls, custom control mapping PLEASE!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone one else frame rate lag just in Strongholds? I didn't have issues other than the droships flying by on Empire before. But i did my obligatory 10 games in Strongholds and had considerable frame drops every game, which got worse fighting in the capture points themselves. Hopefully if this is a systemic issue they fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else having fps problems? I can tell im playing at about 25 fps... The screen lag and everything is shit on the new stronghold gametype for me..

Does anyone one else frame rate lag just in Strongholds? I didn't have issues other than the droships flying by on Empire before. But i did my obligatory 10 games in Strongholds and had considerable frame drops every game, which got worse fighting in the capture points themselves. Hopefully if this is a systemic issue they fix it.

Anyone else having fps problems? I can tell im playing at about 25 fps... The screen lag and everything is shit on the new stronghold gametype for me..

That should answer each other :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Each game has had various bullshit on levels much greater than Halo 5 if you take a second to sit down a think about it.

Oh? Do elaborate.

The game is a chore because of sprint, thrusters, thrusters again, awful aesthetics, and lousy weapon balance. But if you like it, great, I don't really give a shit.

1) Smartscope - slow, generic, ruins sniper, looks like shit, breaks lore. 

2) Sprint - Do I need to explain? 

3) Automatic headshot bonus. Yeah, I know it was in CE, but it just adds randomness due to spread. 

4) Slow base movement speed.

5) Not enough power weapon or powerups. I know Sprint will never be completely "fixed" without removal, but faster timers would help prevent stalemates, which are now common. 

6) Recoil. This shouldn't be a thing for any precision weapon. Especially one with a high ROF like Pistol. 

This is a good list of things that should be changed. I can add feedback on every point.

1) I doubt Smart Scope will be reverted to the classic zoom, but the animations should at least be made faster.

2) I'll explain further on what I think needs to happen to Sprint, but if it'll stay no matter what, then I think you should have faster weapon readiness out of it to make it a better aggressive option.

3) Automatic headshot multiplier is dumb and makes the automatics way too strong with a random factor. I think the AR should also be buffed to have 0 spread out of Smart Scope so both are as strong, but with predictable recoil based on how fast you fire.

4) Buffing base movement would help making strafing more effective and make maps feel smaller. Sprint needs to be nerfed as an escape option and buffing base movement speed is the best way not to force people to use it to chase kills.

5) We need power items to move around the map. One set of rockets every 3 minutes isn't enough. Stuff like camo and OS on quick timers. If they were in a small form like in CE they could be naded from different spots using physics. It would encourage moving around the map.

6) Recoil and flinch both mess aiming up. Recoil on the pistol makes it so if you hit max RoF you can't aim downwards because recoil is too strong. Flinch is an indirect buff to automatics which are already OP. It becomes impossible to no scope with the sniper because of it.

EDIT: I also agree about what @@VinFTW said, we need custom button layouts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is a fun game, but it isn't a Halo game.

It's not even a fun game, it's blander than bland. I'm wondering if they built this game to intentionally annoy people, with the thruster abuse, deathcam music, and dudebro spartans and all that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Except, they came out and said they will be sharing their post beta feedback plans and changes. 

If only some of you actually payed attention once in a while instead of hate-hate-hating all the time.

Right, because 343/Microsoft has a history of being an upstanding company with no agenda whatsoever. Way to go.

Just stop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not even a fun game, it's blander than bland. I'm wondering if they built this game to intentionally annoy people, with the thruster abuse, deathcam music, and dudebro spartans and all that.

the music in general is annoying. "We want to make a competitive game, but we will blare music when the game is about to end!!!"

at least the dude bro stuff is getting 'nerfed'

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, they've said multiple times there are legal issues stopping them from doing this for anybody else

To clarify - they are working on making it available in other countries. 

And you actually believe that? Holy shit...

It's a real thing. 

So fuck Canada, fuck Mexico, fuck Australia, fuck most countries in Europe. Legal issues, wow, careful man, Canada is gonna sue Microsoft for making surveys allowing citizens from Canada to participate. 

No, they just don't want to get in trouble themselves.

see: 

It's just 343's laughable way of trying to force the feedback to suit their own agenda.

Something something "self selection bias" something something #immersion.

Shut up, good lord.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, they actually think it's a good game. Kevin Franklin and Josh Holmes who have no past experience in what makes Halo, Halo are calling the shots.

I want to be surprised that this is what they made, but I'm really not.

No, they actually think it's a good game. Kevin Franklin and Josh Holmes who have no past experience in what makes Halo, Halo are calling the shots.

I want to be surprised that this is what they made, but I'm really not.

Kevin Franklin did not know what randoms in CE were, yet is head of multiplayer. 343 literally baffle me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Thruster

2. Sprint

3.Automatic Weapon's headshot bonuses

4.High bullet Magg

5. Recoil/Flinch

I also want to slide w/o having to sprint first!

Kevin Franklin did not know what randoms in CE were, yet is head of multiplayer. 343 literally baffle me.

I have absolutely no idea how either of them got into the positions they did.

Kevin Franklin's previous experience is SOCOM and Need for Speed. How the FUCK did he get head of multiplayer? Please, someone tell me.

Oh? Do elaborate.

The game is a chore because of sprint, thrusters, thrusters again, awful aesthetics, and lousy weapon balance. But if you like it, great, I don't really give a shit.

Every single Halo game except CE had shitty elements in default that made it way worse than it could have been. I don't wanna list them again since I wrote them here, but you can read it if you're interested.

You just have to adjust to the movement in Halo 5 until it becomes natural and not something you think about. The grenades are way powerful enough to kill someone sprinting or dashing away, and the weapons strong enough to punish someone who pushes too far near instantaneously. The automatics have kill times around 1 second, if you team shoot with someone using a precision weapon, you kill in under a second if you aim right. The only bad thing about weapon balance is how Smart Scope affects automatics spread in a way that weakens hip fire in comparison.

If the maps are all bad, there is a powerful Forge with no frame drops. So far, they're balanced and designed with 4v4 in mind.

No matter what people say there is a definite skill gap and the ranks will help show it once the game comes out. People will have more time to grind the game and get used to it, assuming it's not a launch like MCC where the game doesn't work for months. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the heck was at the beginning of your video? Scared the crap out of me haha nice headshot by the way.

Skin from upload studio :D