CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So what is everyone's thoughts on Domination Conquest Stronghold?

IMO it's pretty good. I like that fact that it promotes map movement. I'm still disappointed we haven't seen any Oddball, KotH or CTF tho...

WTF is with the frame rate lag in this game type?

I've noticed it drop pretty badly, particularly in the bases on Regret, but in Domination it lags EVERYWHERE.

I have a feeling the particle effects on the hill are too high.

There is ZERO excuse for releasing a beta that has framerate drops into the single digits. FFS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So what is everyone's thoughts on Domination Conquest Stronghold?

I'd like to see it played where you don't spawn on a capture point off the start. I'm semi concerned that you'll have a huge fight over the middle point initially.

I'm at least interested to see how spawning teams equally from the points will make the game play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to see it played where you don't spawn on a capture point off the start. I'm semi concerned that you'll have a huge fight over the middle point initially.

Nah, this is part of the meta game. Do you all capture the point immediately? Do you have one player stand behind and risk dying before he captures it? Do you just ignore and go straight for the middle point?

I believe it creates some really interesting choices the teams need to make at the start of games.

Also, there are weapons on the map you need to get as well, eg. the rocket on Regret.

This game would be so good without Sprint man, If you are a person who believes that Sprint is bad but won't say anything because you believe they won't take it out, how can you live your life?  Obviously they won't know if you don't speak up. #TeamNoSprint

their survey is annoying as fuck and they can't even manage to get that to work without a technical problem. 

at this point i want to fly to kirkland and hold up a sign with this avatar in front of their studio.

@@Warlord Wossman It's also sad how fast the words "Sprint removed" would change my mind and generate a huge amount of hype for Halo 5.

Even if everything else remained the same, no sprint would at the very least make the game better than Reach and Halo 4. Whether or not I'd consider it better than Halo 3 would depend on the quality of the maps on final release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well if you look at Halo 3 and compare its kill times to Halo 5's, Halo 5's kill times are alot faster imo. I just feel that Halo 3 nailed kill times for me. So why kill times have to be fast, other than that we have sprint ?

Yeah right, Halo 3's RNG rifle was only redeemed by how open and small the maps were. I'd get a lot more frustrated losing kills to random spread because of a shitty headshot hitbox from behind than I have on Halo 5 with people sprinting away. Don't even get me started on someone popping a regen, power drain or bubble shield...

You want fast kill times, but not necessarily fast on average. Right now in H5, it's still too fast on average. Joe Schmoe can grab an AR and go to town on anyone, even someone using a BR. This is why I'm glad there's thrusters in the game right now, the AR is just too much.

On a different note, thinking about equipment makes me realize just how fucking horrendous every single default version of the game has been after Halo CE. H2 had SMG starts, H3 had AR starts with equipment, Reach had DMR with bloom and AAs, and H4 custom classes + AAs + bloom + random power weapons + slow ass kill times. 

It makes me wonder where most people who claim to despise Halo 5 have been during those past few years. H5 is the ONLY game that has good default settings in over 10 years, yet people make it sound like it's somehow worse than H4... sure, sprint blows (once again, it's far from as deal breaking as it was in Reach or H4 to me) but at the end of the day, we FINALLY have a game we won't need to rework through customization to turn competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 5 isn't as bad as 4 but it is still an absolute chore to play.

Yeah using h4 as a benchmark is pretty low- idk how much that it saying considering h4 is arguably the worse halo game out of the series... Congratulations, you came in second to last!

However, I will say that h5 does require alot of teamwork- maybe the most out of all the series- Teamshooting, bait and switching, calling out, and cleaning up the 1/2 shots are vital in h5 since it is rare you will kill a player in the first engagement. 

I can't play it tbh.

And the "new" gametype which is 3 plots (but you need 2 to get points) sucks. I bet they took it because it is closer to CoD than CTF, KotH or oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't know if I agree when people say that shooting skill is improved over H2C or H3.

Aiming is not hard in this game. The only thing that has changed is bullet magnetism at long range. Auto-aim is just as prevalent as it was in H4. Even at medium range my reticle gets dragged off target if someone runs in front of me.

Also -- I've seen more 4-shots in this game from all level of players than I have in any Halo ever. That alone says to me that shooting skill in this game is a matter of hype and not reality.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sprint isn't even by biggest problem with this beta at the moment- it's flinch and vibration, I understand they won't be their in the final game but it's so frustrating to have your aim completely thrown off.

Oh yeah, big thanks to Truth and Regret for spawning me right in the enemy's sight-lines, Truth gets extra points for spawning me directly under the enemy team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it a chore? At the end of the day, it's just another game people choose not to like because of mechanic changes. Each game has had various bullshit on levels much greater than Halo 5 if you take a second to sit down a think about it. People just choose to focus on the shittier parts. It took YEARS to have a game with a skill gap and people pretend shit like H2A or H3 is better just because of sprint?

I fucking hate sprint like everyone else, but it doesn't break the game the same it did in the past at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really don't know if I agree when people say that shooting skill is improved over H2C or H3.

Aiming is not hard in this game. The only thing that has changed is bullet magnetism at long range. Auto-aim is just as prevalent as it was in H4. Even at medium range my reticle gets dragged off target if someone runs in front of me.

Also -- I've seen more 4-shots in this game from all level of players than I have in any Halo ever. That alone says to me that shooting skill in this game is a matter of hype and not reality.

Im not going to lie, but my shot sucks compared to some players ahaha,.. (i play w/ onyxs+)

I dont have time to put in the hours anymore and goddman man, i just cant land 4 effin shots! 

Idk maybe im doing it wrong, but i t have to disagree- i think aiming is hard again and it is not an automatic 4 to 5 shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only if it supports 343's agenda. Otherwise they will just claim it does and ignore it.

Except, they came out and said they will be sharing their post beta feedback plans and changes. 

If only some of you actually payed attention once in a while instead of hate-hate-hating all the time.