CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm so sick of the same old halo we've had for the last 7 years with slow gameplay and sprint. Don't you guys want something new?

I would love something new.

...just not the abominations we've been getting since the end of Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You are argument is wrong?

Anywho OT, no matter how hard we all try to get rid of sprint/thrusters/whatever 343 is not going to listen. How can we expect them to listen when they won't even tell us what's wrong the MCC?

They have said they will tell us what went wrong when they fix it.

So they're never going to fix it...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still waiting for anyone to name ONE reason sprint is good for Halo, 4 years later. It's getting sad at this point.

I find it funny how they add sprint because it "immerses" you and makes you "feel like a Spartan" but then at the end of the match you see yourself (your Spartan) acting like a idiot because that's how they're "supposed" to act, wait, I thought they were trying to make us feel like a Spartan? That's not how I would act, whats this dude bro shit???

Small summary of my thoughts on the beta.

+Smart Scope (-on automatics)

I just like the style, but tigher spread is bad)

+Style of Armors

They at least dont look like power rangers anymore xD

+Working matchmaking

Big plus imo, sad thing is that HMCC MM wont work -.-

+Decreased Aim Assist(in some weapons)

Pistol has it done well, still while zoomed it should be decreased in all weapons.

+Thrusters

I feel that they add good layer to MP, ofc they should be nerfed a bit, but I like the Idead so far.

-Inbalanced Ranking "System"

This is BS, honestly It puts me (silver) with first time newbs... And with Onyx dudes..

-Sprint

It doesn't add anything to MP, other than get away free card and it makes Halo run or gun game. Lenghtens kill times, helps newbs, makes maps too big, creates mouce and cat-situations, so far I have not seen anything positive with Sprint.

-Sounds

They got rid of the classic sounds which is awful, instead we got horrible scifi sounds mixed with stupid bleep bloop beeps -.-

-Too fast kill times

-Grenades are Mini Nukes

-Spartan Chatter

-whole dusebro theme

Yesterday I was trying to find videos of Stronghold gameplay but just couldn't find any. Today I realized I was searching for 'Halo 5 Strongside' by accident. Oh FFS me...

-Too fast kill times

Seriously? Fast Killtimes are a good thing, especially if they are keeping Sprint in the game (hopefully not but probably)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think fast perfect kill times are fine, what I have a problem with is how easy the perfect kills are to get and there doesn't seem to be much difference between perfect kill times and average kill times, unlike CE.

I'm so god damn confused. I just had a huge argument with someone on reddit over Halo 5 and he ended up saying that more options = more depth. While this sounds good on paper it's essentially saying that Halo 5 is a deeper game than Halo CE. Hell, it means that CoD would be more in depth than half the shooters out there considering how many options you have in that. Either I'm stupid or he is. Anyone want to help me out?

In any case I'm never arguing on r/halo again, I literally cannot believe the things he was saying and he wasn't even a 343 nuthugger like 95% of that forum...

Mention armour lock to him. Even the absolute dumbest Halo fanboys seem to be able to understand that armour lock doesn't add depth or skill-gap. Once he's admitted AL doesn't increase Halo's depth, tell him he's not being logically consistent; after all, AL adds another option to the game, and more options supposedly equal more depth.

At this point, he'll say: "Um no but that's different because AL doesn't take skill and it just slows down the game and is annoying".

At this point, feel free to point out to him that he's essentially just admitted that "more options = more skill" does not work as an absolute rule, due to the fact that the options need to be taken into account on an individual basis before we can assess whether or not they add "depth".

Once you've pointed that out to him, he'll either:

1. Ignore you.

2. Argue in circles by going back to his original point as if you haven't already addressed it.

3. He'll say: "OK but Halo 5's individual options DO add depth. They take skill, unlike armour lock". At which point, the debate is no longer about the idea that more options = more skill, so you can either close it there, or humour him by talking about H5's specific options.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously? Fast Killtimes are a good thing, especially if they are keeping Sprint in the game (hopefully not but probably)

Yeah, but I hope that they would remove sprint so kill times wouldnt have to be so fast xD

Yeah, but I hope that they would remove sprint so kill times wouldnt have to be so fast xD

Kill times need to be fast. Not sure what you are not understanding here

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kill times need to be fast. Not sure what you are not understanding here

Well if you look at Halo 3 and compare its kill times to Halo 5's, Halo 5's kill times are alot faster imo. I just feel that Halo 3 nailed kill times for me. So why kill times have to be fast, other than that we have sprint ?

I had an idea for something like "tournament mode" where you can create a team (similar to clans in h2) and within that you create a playlist of gametypes (so 5 game series, 11 game series whatever) and then you play it without having to change the settings yourself and it keeps a record of your stats and then ranks you on a leaderboard.

Basically like customs (as you have to create a team and invite other teams to play) but this way you could keep track of individual stats as well as team stats.

Would also be cool to have custom emblems so that at the end of the game over the top of the "bro" high fives it shows the series score and the emblems.

Well if you look at Halo 3 and compare its kill times to Halo 5's, Halo 5's kill times are alot faster imo. I just feel that Halo 3 nailed kill times for me. So why kill times have to be fast, other than that we have sprint ?

Halo 3 kill times mixed with bubble shields regens etc made for the most boring gameplay out. 

Halo 3 kill times mixed with bubble shields regens etc made for the most boring gameplay out.

I agree with Bubble Shields and Regens.

The only real morons are the people who are sitting in the dark not saying anything.

At least say Sprint is bad in the polls and in the actual Feedback Waypoint is doing. I am being realistic and I don't think it will get removed, yet you still see me shouting about it at every opportunity I get.

They don't even need to rescale the maps, so I don't get your "rebuild from ground up" argument either.

I agree with what you're saying and I'm currently working on an epic 10+ minute video on why sprint sucks, but there's no way they're removing it from the game even if 99% of people hate it. It would require them to change far too much shit. Don't forget the biggest part of the game is the campaign. They're not going to give you sprint in campaign and then remove it for multiplayer - Just not going to happen.

Even with a faster base movement speed the maps will be enormous unless they give you Quake 3 speed which is a little ridiculous for a console shooter.

what maps are in slayer now? I've just got truth 7 times in a row...

The new forge map is in, Pegasus. Don't know of any others.

Strongholds is Empire and Regret.

Have 343 said anything about how many new weapons we can expect in the final game/what weapons will return? Or have they only commented on the weapons in the beta? I feel like part of what's making H5 look so incredibly boring and dull right now is the lack of weapons and powerups. Though that's not the only reason of course.

343 are literally the most stubborn devs ever. The majority of every Halo community hates sprint and they refuse to take it out for some reason. If sprint makes it in the final game its obvious that they don't care about the Halo Community.

343 are literally the most stubborn devs ever. The majority of every Halo community hates sprint and they refuse to take it out for some reason. If sprint makes it in the final game its obvious that they don't care about the Halo Community.

They believe only a minority doesn't want sprint. But this minority is the most vocal. What they fail to understand is:

1) This "minority" will support and play the game over years if it's good.

2) The good word of mouth from the most hardcore fanbase is way more important than they think.

3) They underestimate the number of people that would watch tourneys and compete in them if the game would have no sprint. (Which is ironic since they're trying to push esports)

When every high level Slayer match turns into Lockout (which isn't bad on it's own and if only 1 gametype is like that for variety) with people sprinting away and teams setting up at opposite sides of the map not moving maybe they will realize sprint + thruster + big maps + 3 and 4 minute weapon timers won't work for competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7