CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This game would be so good without Sprint man, If you are a person who believes that Sprint is bad but won't say anything because you believe they won't take it out, how can you live your life?  Obviously they won't know if you don't speak up. #TeamNoSprint

Meaning what? The matchmaking finally worked for someone? Two competent teams wanting to win provided a good match? It's still halo 5.

yeah. two competent teams meeting.

why are you so aggressive.

seeing a game being played at a high level helps to display flaws of the game.

This game would be so good without Sprint man, If you are a person who believes that they won't take it out, how can you live your life?  Obviously they won't know if you don't speak up. #TeamNoSprint

I can live my life by moving on. The damage is done. Every time I state the obvious some optimistic moron believes 343 will change the entire game to cater to faster movement speed and no sprint from the ground up in less than a year before release. It's over. Stop acting like overwhelming feedback can make a change. 343 don't have enough time for change. They didn't even have enough time for MCC FFS. Be realistic people. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game would be so good without Sprint man, If you are a person who believes that Sprint is bad but won't say anything because you believe they won't take it out, how can you live your life?  Obviously they won't know if you don't speak up. #TeamNoSprint

Eh, everything else needs MASSIVE amounts of adjustments to make them "good".

Clamber needs to be massively toned down and a perfect crouch jump should ALWAYS be able to reach the same height as it.

Thruster is hilariously overpowered. Needs a drastic increase in cooldown, drastic decrease in range and possibly even not work when in the air.

Charge is just stupid and clunky as fuck.

Stabalisers  need to be on a button that doesn't dick over different button layouts.

Sprint can just die in a hole already.

Slide, why, just why...

I really want to chose sprint, smart scope and stabilizers as my most disliked features, but I can't.

First things first, I guess. Gonna have to go with sprint.

You can't sit on the fence between both and expect it to work. You either adopt that formula completely or you work to perfect what made Halo great.

Yes, yes, yes.

159.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just sway "yes" to the question of being an US citizen. Worked for me. ;)

:rekt:

Did the same, still waiting. If it works for me, I'll make a video sharing it with the hispanic-latin community. Everyone needs to take this.

I really want to chose sprint, smart scope and stabilizers as my most disliked features, but I can't.

First things first, I guess. Gonna have to go with sprint.

Priorities. Good choice.

Eh, everything else needs MASSIVE amounts of adjustments to make them "good".

Clamber needs to be massively toned down and a perfect crouch jump should ALWAYS be able to reach the same height as it.

Thruster is hilariously overpowered. Needs a drastic increase in cooldown, drastic decrease in range and possibly even not work when in the air.

Charge is just stupid and clunky as fuck.

Stabalisers  need to be on a button that doesn't dick over different button layouts.

Sprint can just die in a hole already.

Slide, why, just why...

Sprint is the elephant in the room. Deal with that first, then we tweak the rest of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can live my life by moving on. The damage is done. Every time I state the obvious some optimistic moron believes 343 will change the entire game to cater to faster movement speed and no sprint from the ground up in less than a year before release. It's over. Stop acting like overwhelming feedback can make a change. 343 don't have enough time for change. They didn't even have enough time for MCC FFS. Be realistic people. 

The only real morons are the people who are sitting in the dark not saying anything.

At least say Sprint is bad in the polls and in the actual Feedback Waypoint is doing. I am being realistic and I don't think it will get removed, yet you still see me shouting about it at every opportunity I get.

They don't even need to rescale the maps, so I don't get your "rebuild from ground up" argument either.

yeah. two competent teams meeting.

why are you so aggressive.

seeing a game being played at a high level helps to display flaws of the game.

I just assumed you were giving the game a pass or something because you watched a competitive match between two teams, so it annoyed me. I've seen posts like that during Halo 4, a lot of them. I assumed wrong, apologies.

The only real morons are the people who are sitting in the dark not saying anything.

At least say Sprint is bad in the polls and in the actual Feedback Waypoint is doing. I am being realistic and I don't think it will get removed, yet you still see me shouting about it at every opportunity I get.

They don't even need to rescale the maps, so I don't get your "rebuild from ground up" argument either.

multiple jumps are used with sprint and clamber. The maps need to be completely redesigned..

multiple jumps are used with sprint and clamber. The maps need to be completely redesigned..

there is a thing called thrusters that you may not have heard of

Signed up.

Can you feature this thread at the top of the site's pages? like the one that currently says: "Halo 5: Guardians Week 3 Beta Details Released"? or you can start an official one, I don't care, as long as people know about this.

there is a thing called thrusters that you may not have heard of

I've played the game. It simply does not work with no sprint even with those stupid thrusters that should be as small as Star Wars Republic Commando anyway . If you wanna waddle around on terrible stretched maps with half the jumps inaccessible then be my guest lmfao. Your argument is invalid.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've played the game. It simply does not work with no sprint. If you wanna waddle around on terrible stretched maps with half the jumps inaccessible then be my guest lmfao. Your argument is invalid.

*you're. get rekt

that was a joke btw, but hmm I think it could work with like a 20% buff to the base speed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been a lurker for quite a while and finally decided to make an account. 

Played my 10 placement games for stronghold today.

Few thoughts:

Glad they brought in an objective-style game type for the beta, but not really sure what their thinking was on the necessity of needing to hold two of the three "areas" to gain points? From what I see, this is 343's take on CODs ever-popular "Domination", but even in that, teams do not need to hold more than one flag to score points. 

Also weird to me that if someone is trying to take one of your strongholds and you kill them before it's captured, their progress of capturing that spot doesn't reset (to do so, you have to physically get into the stronghold to reset it). 

My overall thoughts are much to the tune of everyone else: 343 seems to not understand that in Halo, when you try to solve a problem, you ultimately end up making it worse. No one asked for sprint, thruster, ground pound, smart scope, hover, sliding, etc. The fans didn't have an underlying passion to change the game at all, and yet 343 insists we "need" these new features that in reality just ruins the game. 

Did end up playing against a few pros (in the literal sense) from h2/h3. Got a nice kill on SK for the hat trick: xboxdvr.com/xaM+xaM+xaM/54769b79-e6fa-45cc-86cc-0a0f35eef885

• Upvote (+1) 2

*you're. get rekt

that was a joke btw, but hmm I think it could work with like a 20% buff to the base speed

You are argument is wrong?

Anywho OT, no matter how hard we all try to get rid of sprint/thrusters/whatever 343 is not going to listen. How can we expect them to listen when they won't even tell us what's wrong the MCC?

For some reason, I have a good feeling about forge in this game. The forgeable environments look much better than Halo 2a and Halo 4. And the shadows look better. When this game gets its final touch of paint I think people can come up with some cool things and it won't look like a laggy mess.

You are argument is wrong?

Anywho OT, no matter how hard we all try to get rid of sprint/thrusters/whatever 343 is not going to listen. How can we expect them to listen when they won't even tell us what's wrong the MCC?

He said that was a joke. At this point feedback should be in hopes of them finally getting it right with Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He said that was a joke. At this point feedback should be in hopes of them finally getting it right with Halo 6.

I don't want to wait till Halo 6, I've been waiting since Halo Reach