CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

lol, they've said multiple times there are legal issues stopping them from doing this for anybody else

So fuck Canada, fuck Mexico, fuck Australia, fuck most countries in Europe. Legal issues, wow, careful man, Canada is gonna sue Microsoft for making surveys allowing citizens from Canada to participate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you use it wrong, to escape, or around people you didn't know were there, you die, unless you can shoot your way out.. 

or if your team mates bail you out of course

youre advocating that everything be removed? how is that evolving the game? If you want Halo 1-2-3 again, just start complaining about MCC matchmaking and then stick with that. Games change, new things are added. Adapt or go back to playing the old game. I hate people that just want the same thing they had all over again.

If I wanted a game that was different from halo I would buy a game that didn't say halo on it.

If you use it wrong, to escape, or around people you didn't know were there, you die, unless you can shoot your way out.. 

I've been able to escape firefights and live by using sprint. Sprint is by no means fixed.

A balanced sprint can't be used defensively though, you can only get into an offensive position faster and are punished for using it at the wrong time. I need to check the whole gun down thing that you guys keep mentioning though; what's the idea behind that?

This is not true as the maps have been made larger to accommodate that extra sprint boost. All you are doing is running back into battle with your weapon down. If you aren't sprinting back into battle, you are just wondering around the large, vacant spaces that were made for you to sprint in.

That's why sprint can't truly be balanced.

cf-dafuq.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been able to escape firefights and live by using sprint. Sprint is by no means fixed.

God, I'm saying it needs to be RE balanced. The way in which 343 has gone about it is stupid and is completely in in-effective. This is only because I feel that 343 won't take it out of h5. If sprint cancels (like it never has done) when you're being shot then it doesn't hinder gameplay it only increases depth and getting into gunfights sooner. You got your way with h2a and it's kind off boring to watch, so I don't know what I can say anymore. I think I'll just leave you all to it and rub it in a year from now.

• Downvote (-1) 3

God, I'm saying it needs to be RE balanced. The way in which 343 has gone about it is stupid and is completely in in-effective. This is only because I feel that 343 won't take it out of h5. If sprint cancels (like it never has done) when you're being shot then it doesn't hinder gameplay it only increases depth and getting into gunfights sooner. You got your way with h2a and it's kind off boring to watch, so I don't know what I can say anymore. I think I'll just leave you all to it and rub it in a year from now.

Why balance it when you can remove it? IT DESTROYS MAP DESIGN.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Running away isn't the only problem with sprint, though.

youre advocating that everything be removed? how is that evolving the game? If you want Halo 1-2-3 again, just start complaining about MCC matchmaking and then stick with that. Games change, new things are added. Adapt or go back to playing the old game. I hate people that just want the same thing they had all over again.

We could discuss this a lot, and we've been at least familiar with each other for quite some time now so you know I won't neg you or flame you for speaking out.

My personal feeling is that Halo is no longer moving forward and being at the forefront of FPS, it's moving backwards to play catch up to games that have come before it and pretty much perfected a formula while still trying to maintain its identity and this will never work because Halo is not those games. You can't sit on the fence between both and expect it to work. You either adopt that formula completely or you work to perfect what made Halo great.

• Upvote (+1) 4

you can only get into an offensive position faster

How.

Is.

That.

Balanced...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why wouldn't they allow other countries/region to participate other than legal issues?

Someone has to explain me the meaning of Legal Issues. Why would they get in trouble? It's not like sending a survey to Cuba.

Never playing this game again man, it's trash. Got a good 10 error messages in a row, finally got into some slayer games and the game is still terrible. I have no desire to play this game. Back to my half working MCC for me.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone has to explain me the meaning of Legal Issues. Why would they get in trouble? It's not like sending a survey to Cuba.

It's just 343's laughable way of trying to force the feedback to suit their own agenda.

Something something "self selection bias" something something #immersion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never playing this game again man, it's trash. Got a good 10 error messages in a row, finally got into some slayer games and the game is still terrible. I have no desire to play this game. Back to my half working MCC for me.  

You are brave - I still cant even deal with that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would have joined if it wasn't restricted to US citizens currently. Hope they open it up internationally soon...

Just sway "yes" to the question of being an US citizen. Worked for me. ;)

:rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

anybody watch ninja stream right now?

some competitive halo 5 games.

Meaning what? The matchmaking finally worked for someone? Two competent teams wanting to win provided a good match? It's still halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A balanced sprint can't be used defensively though, you can only get into an offensive position faster and are punished for using it at the wrong time. I need to check the whole gun down thing that you guys keep mentioning though; what's the idea behind that?

You can't shoot when you're sprinting. The mechanic discourages gunplay and slows down the game as a result.

I think it is time we got something cleared up.

Firstly it isn’t a natural law that games have to evolve, but it is a discourse in the video game culture. There are a lot of games that adds new content in each iteration, but stay true to core set of values and rules.

Secondly a lot of people on this forum don’t want Halo 1-3. They want a new game that builds on the best from the franchise and doesn’t add mechanics that entail gameplay that is far from Halo. A game that is true to the identity and values of HCE or H2.

And saying that people have to adopt isn’t even an argument. 

• Upvote (+1) 1