CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My title: Roots

( Please leave the obvious memes out of this one. Lol )

but not only should it be like Halo, it should be the "new" Halo we have always wanted. Imagine all the great things from Halo CE-Reach ( and I include reach because the nade launcher was awesome ) plus new weapons, power ups, faster base speed, wider FOV, new jumping mechanics that are not game breaking, just holy god. I see the real "evolution" of Halo in my head, and it's so hard to describe in words but it would benefit everybody! Casual to competitive! Why is it so hard for 343 NOT TO SEE THIS!

Dude, Im not even joking... Just thinking about the possibilities makes me want to go for it. Do you think the power of this community can create such thing? All jokes aside, this could be our happy ending.

We should make everyone aware of this if there is a No Sprint question. Front page even.

Signed up.

Against the rules? Legal stuff? I believe. 

Dude, Im not even joking... Just thinking about the possibilities makes me want to go for it. Do you think the power of this community can create such thing? All jokes aside, this could be our happy ending.

If we quit sitting on these forums and actually try we can! We just need to get the right people in this community to come together. I always have tried to make a difference. If we all come together it can happen and will happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since 343 decided to make a game thats not halo and call it "Halo", How bout we do the opposite? Lets all form our own indie dev studio and create our OWN arena fps inspired by CLASSIC Halo! Then call it something completely different. Its been done before with other games like Socom.

HOLY SHIT the more I think about it, the more I realize how possible it can be! We all just have to fund it!!

What should we call it?

fed259fbd648d1816228904a5b145f4c.jpg

#soon

• Upvote (+1) 4

We should make everyone aware of this if there is a No Sprint question. Front page even.

Signed up.

Have a tweet/fb post going out tomorrow regarding the survey and signing up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's called Project Contingency. http://www.project-contingency.net/

yeah... You didn't get the point. thats the opposite of what I want. That IS halo. from the elites, to the carbines. And WTF is that? 32v32? no. I want CLASSIC COMPETITIVE Halo. 4v4 2v2 1v1. The Idea is to create a game INSPIRED by Competitive halo. the br wont be called the br, shit it might not even be in the game since a single-shot weapon would be 10x better (0 spread/randomness). The game would take the best ideas from EVERY Halo title. from a 3sk weapon, to the pro-pipe. Maps inspired by classic maps from ALL titles. Make a game for OURSELVES. NO need to share with the BTB casual community. Question is, will it be possible?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If we quit sitting on these forums and actually try we can! We just need to get the right people in this community to come together. I always have tried to make a difference. If we all come together it can happen and will happen

SIgn up http://www.project-contingency.net/h3-recruitment and try to make a difference on a project that actually has a legitimate chance to succeed if you know anything about making games and think you can "contribute" in a meaningful way without no/little initial compensation. I actually love the idea of Project Contingency, Halo being freed of the M$ chains on an open platform driven by the community might be the best thing for the comp scene. If only my degree was in CS and not Chemical Engineering I would look into it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd much rather have the ability to set up zone objects with custom names in Forge, so I can release a map I made with the callouts already clearly defined and specific to my map, and not generic, static, environment-based (not map design-based) ones like we saw in Forge World in Reach

But that's just me.

Custom names = no voice acting for spartan chatter.

Yeah, because they've shown how much our feedback matters to them.

This isnt just posting on forums, preaching to the choir about a flawed game. This 343 inviting your opinion into their database, directly to the peaple putting the game together and making the decisions.

This is the best possible way to deliver our message, so if you've given up or your too thick headed to have another go, then thats your downfall, and thats you bringing the team down. This is our best possible chance and I want to go to release knowing I put in my 100%.

It's going to have sprint. Abandon all hope.

What makes you believe it has sprint?

And I don't see this game actually being released. No offense to the good developers but yeah I don't see a group of guys doing something in their free time making a game like Halo. This isn't some indie game they are making, very ambitious. But I'd love to eat those words and pay for that game even it was free. So only time will tell. Best of luck though Edit: though it seems like you are a dev there. I don't mean for this post to sound, well mean. I just have seen these kinds of projects just kind... disappear 

This isnt just posting on forums, preaching to the choir about a flawed game. This 343 inviting your opinion into their database, directly to the peaple putting the game together and making the decisions.

This is the best possible way to deliver our message, so if you've given up or your too thick headed to have another go, then thats your downfall, and thats you bringing the team down. This is our best possible chance and I want to go to release knowing I put in my 100%.

I have given it two and a half goes already. First two being reach and 4, and the half being Halo 5 beta. 

The only difference we can make is not filling their pockets with cash. 

• Upvote (+1) 3