CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I would have joined if it wasn't restricted to US citizens currently. Hope they open it up internationally soon...

I'm Canadian but I signed up anyways and just completed it with no issues.

get  :rekt: 343

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just registered for it now, waiting to actually get the surveys.

how do you do the survey?

I don't understand how anyone can defend thruster if they have played this beta for a considerable amount of time. It is the single most frustrating thing in the beta for me. Who needs a good strafe when you can just thruster if you are losing any battle and get away behind a corner?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm pretty sure the spnkr actually took up less screen realestate. But a comparison would be nice.

Just signed up for the "feedback program" by simply telling it I'm American. Let's see if it works.

I dont see a major difference besides the fact that the old rocks completely cover the right end of the screen unlike the new version. So lets just rant about the looks of it.

...Couldn't we at least have the carbon/silver coloration on the original SPNKR back?

But yeah the bottom one has noticeable open right-side view. Still.

...Couldn't we at least have the carbon/silver coloration of the original Rockets back?

The person in charge of the weapon design must be one of the new people that hate Halo. 

Is it really that difficult to copy halo Reach's customization or maybe even halo 3? An 8 year old game?

the link doesn't say that, that's for the full game, it should be pretty obvious to you that the full game will have fully customisable armour.

the link doesn't say that, that's for the full game, it should be pretty obvious to you that the full game will have fully customisable armour.

It's pretty obvious that no one asks about the beta customize armor. Dat logic

I'm Canadian but I signed up anyways and just completed it with no issues.

get  :rekt: 343

Same here, still waiting to get it though. I haven't played on my gamertag though, just at a friends a lot, so I hope they don't just not give me the survey.

I cant handle this anymore. Playing H5 solo is complete bullshit! I have never seen teams tryhing harder than in this beta it is just not fun. And I dont wanna know how "bad" players feel. Because of everyone just thrusting out of battles you cant do shit alone against a team. 

I didnt take it as them asking about gametypes and settings but rather how slayer plays as a whole in this game. It plays bad because the game itself is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We use to have wall jumping that was really hard to do, ghost jumping, which made for some absolutely amazing plays. Although pros didn't really do them.

Yea i'm basically thinking the Unreal Tournament 2004 mechanics with wall jumping and dodge. Additional movement that is challenging to do, adds so much to the game. It increases the skill gap dramatically and would allow for very sick plays. In addition it would make for a better spectator experience where you get to see Pro's pull stuff off you wouldn't normally see.

I cant handle this anymore. Playing H5 solo is complete bullshit! I have never seen teams tryhing harder than in this beta it is just not fun. And I dont wanna know how "bad" players feel. Because of everyone just thrusting out of battles you cant do shit alone against a team. 

To be fair, can you ever do anything against a good team playing solo in any Halo game? 

The feedback servery will only let you complain about one thing in the game. Way to manipulate the numbers. 

But the blank box they give you"Any more information about the beta you'd like to share" or somthing like that can take alot of text.

I just put in all my feedback there.

So I finally hit Semi-Pro and can safely say the beta is meh at best. 

It's pretty frustrating that a map that claims to be a Midship remake plays so goddamn slow. I've had 2 TS Truth Matches go the time limit and end before reaching 50 kills. The map feels way larger than it should all because they upscaled the size to compensate for Sprint.

BUNGLE PLZ

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair, can you ever do anything against a good team playing solo in any Halo game? 

Halo CE. Where individual skill actually mattered. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Saying as Halo is a team game, you're not supposed to 'do shit alone' against a team. Thruster hasn't had any negative impact on the game for me at all. If you can't finish a kill, you can't finish a kill. Just let it go and relocate. Or better yet, stay with your teammates.

Halo CE. Where individual skill actually mattered.

lol, Have you played against good CE teams? You have no chance if you're solo