CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Disagree heavily with that statement. It makes the game slower and far more boring to watch. 

But it doesn't if you can't escape... why is everyone so dense... If you're forced into combat because you'll die if you try and sprint then sprint works, it's simple.

• Downvote (-1) 5

They did, but everyone is too old and stubborn to just move on. We have the old halo's, why do you want to have halo5 the same...

I am honestly a fan of the GP, slide, and the gunplay, indifferent about thruster (with tweaks), clamber, and spartan charge, but HATE sprint (and Thruster + sprint combo right now)

Game is pretty damn different than previous halos, i just dont see why include a feature most people hate/will still buy if taken out.  

Fix H2C and i'll be set. H2A is god awful IMO. I actually prefer the beta to it. Atleast people can't 4-5 shot everything in sight without even looking at their tv screen.

H2C isnot that hard to shoot either

There is another survey from the Halo Community feedback program. At least I had one in my email. Not sure if this has been said, don't care just started it. 

There is another survey from the Halo Community feedback program. At least I had one in my email. Not sure if this has been said, don't care just started it.

Yep. They aren't being sent all at once, but instead, in small batches, so it might take a while for some people to get theirs.

But it doesn't if you can't escape... why is everyone so dense... If you're forced into combat because you'll die if you try and sprint then sprint works, it's simple.

If it's so "simple" and I'm being "dense", than please explain it a little better. Why and how does sprint positively affect gameplay? 

The only thing 343 really advanced with Halo 5 is the perfect medal. I love that medal. The rest of it is blah. It would be okay if it wasn't a Halo game, but the fact that it is is disappointing

I also like the reversal medal a light. It just proves it's not a who see's who first game. When you get the reversal kill on someone it's pretty satisfying as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I particularly liked the parts:

• Halo is not a simulator
  • Sprint ruins map geometry by creating gaps that can only be traversed with sprint-powered jumps; jumping and shooting is kind of important in Halo
  • It downplays the vertical aspect of Halo hugely, creating maps that are horizontally gigantic but vertically insignificant

If that's the type of game you want then that argument is pretty solid

I think the problem I'm having is that a lot people just want a god tier reincarnation of h1, were as I'd prefer something fun that has minimal bullshit that could have a wide audience beyond hardcore gamers. I just don't have the faith that a game that has super simple mechanics, like 5 midship shaped maps and has the realism of murder miners can do that. I personally have a complete disconnect with mobas because they look stupid and don't make any sense, to someone who doesn't know what's going on.

• Downvote (-1) 1

No, we want a game that doesn't impose one map size over the other. Before Sprint we didn't have maps like Complex or Sword Base with a different philosophy of combat in mind.

We also want a game that doesn't crash you to the Xbox Dashboard after a match...

I just don't have the faith that a game that has super simple mechanics, like 5 midship shaped maps and has the realism of murder miners.

Yet, the first map announced for H5 is midship (Well the over-stretched, abortion version anyway) lol.

Edit - And isn't the map 'Regret' basically the outdoors version?

The point is that every braindead monkey can consistently 4- or 5-shot people in both games.

Okay cool. Movement means nothing.

I was comparing it to the halo 5 beta. Not H2C. The reason I'll be set with H2C being fixed is because of other reasons not related to its aim assist which more than make up for it. H2A is just a terrible version of H2C with sluggish movement on a small selection of maps.

Yet, the first map announced for H5 is midship (Well the over-stretched, abortion version anyway) lol.

the halo community at it's finest

• Downvote (-1) 9

I think the problem I'm having is that a lot people just want a god tier reincarnation of h1, were as I'd prefer something fun that has minimal bullshit that could have a wide audience beyond hardcore gamers.

That's the logical fallacy here. Only because the game is very good an a high competitive level doesn't mean it's bad, boring or too hard on a more casual level. Actually the opposite is true, if people get matched against equally skilled players (which is EXTREMELY important) everyone can have fun with a game like CE, not just some super hardcore nerds.

You know, CE wasn't just loved by some hardcore gamers back then, but by a lot of people (otherwise the sequels wouldn't have been that successful).

But will a younger casual audience catch on to a game like halo 1 these days? Surely there wouldn't be enough blinky lights and lense flares...

Maybe thruster should be predominantly based on momentum, so if you're moving forward, if you thrust backwards all it does is stop your movement. Similarly if it's to change directions, all it while do is simply stop you moving in the original direction. That way you can't jump into a gunfight and just leave when you feel like it, you'll have to be moving in the same direction in order to get the benefits of thruster.

I'd like to see that tested.

That's the logical fallacy here. Only because the game is very good an a high competitive level doesn't mean it's bad, boring or too hard on a more casual level. Actually the opposite is true, if people get matched against equally skilled players (which is EXTREMELY important) everyone can have fun with a game like CE, not just some super hardcore nerds.

You know, CE wasn't just loved by some hardcore gamers back then, but by a lot of people (otherwise the sequels wouldn't have been that successful).

Yup, there were more casual games of CTF Blood Gulch played than there were of 2v2 competitive matches. 

But will a younger casual audience catch on to a game like halo 1 these days? Surely there wouldn't be enough blinky lights and lense flares...

I don't know. What we know is that they played Halo 4 for two weeks and then moved on. 343 shouldn't be catering to a younger casual audience, the game will sell millions of copies regardless of how good or bad the gameplay is (because of these 4 letters on the cover).