CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Of all the complaints about the new rockets, you guys are complaining about size?

I hate the new rockets too, but let's be real here...

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_1330/image_133012_thumb_wide940.jpg

To me, its less of the side blocking thats a problem, but more of the fact that it blocks the view all the way up to your reticule  It blocks alot of the forward view, which shouldn't happen with any weapon.

Not to mention the most Unimmersive thing about it...   IT FUCKING GOES OVER THE HUD PLEASE TELL ME IN WHAT WORLD DOES YOUR WEAPON GO OVER THE FUCKING DISPLAY INSIDE YOUR HELMET

*edit*

Forgot to add,  I really need to stop going over to waypoint, i think I've vomited more in the past few weeks then I've eaten...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dealing with sprint is like constantly playing lone wolves/doubles oddball in Halo 3 where whoever got the ball would just run around in circles and infuriate the other players because their speed did not decrease when they picked up the ball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to mention the most Unimmersive thing about it...   IT FUCKING GOES OVER THE HUD PLEASE TELL ME IN WHAT WORLD DOES YOUR WEAPON GO OVER THE FUCKING DISPLAY INSIDE YOUR HELMET

500pxShopped.jpg?1318992465

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would you people please stop acting like the shooting skillgap in H2C is significantly larger than in H2A? H2 has its qualities, but difficult shooting is surely none of it.

inb4 but it haz button glitchezzz 

So the movement wasn't any different no?

So the movement wasn't any different no?

The point is that every braindead monkey can consistently 4- or 5-shot people in both games.

hud thing is definitely a bug, but i think it's ugly and out of place nonetheless 

Well, I just played my first game of Domination.

I mean stronghold.

When your team scores a base, the announcer sounds like he's praising a kid in kindergarten for repeating his ABCs correctly. When the enemy team scores, he sounds like he's giving that same kid a tough-but-fair talking-to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

last thing this game needs is an objective for you to stand in and get grenaded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The options on the beta pole weren't great, most of the stuff I voted no for would be fine if they only balanced them properly instead of the the way 343 went about it. I'll say it again, STOPPING POWER, if you can't sprint under fire I see absolutely no reason in which Sprint breaks halo. If Sprint was implemented better then features like the shoulder charge would be less ridiculous. 

Something I find funny is that everyone has basically just agreed with Saucey on everything because they are all mindless robots.

• Downvote (-1) 10

The only thing 343 really advanced with Halo 5 is the perfect medal. I love that medal. The rest of it is blah. It would be okay if it wasn't a Halo game, but the fact that it is is disappointing

The options on the beta pole weren't great, most of the stuff I voted no for would be fine if they only balanced them properly instead of the the way 343 went about it. I'll say it again, STOPPING POWER, if you can't sprint under fire I see absolutely no reason in which Sprint breaks halo. If Sprint was implemented better then features like the shoulder charge would be less ridiculous. 

Something I find funny is that everyone has basically just agreed with Saucey on everything because they are all mindless robots.

Or because it's not THAT hard to see after all these years what works in Halo and what not. If you had done at least a little research you would also know why sprint breaks the game even if one would get knocked out of it while under fire.

Hell, it wouldn't even work if you could only sprint with full shields.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not sure why this game's thread has gone on as long as it has. Take a step back and think to yourself.

With all that's been said and observed, do you honestly think things will ever "advance" to a point where it will even be remotely acceptable? Be realistic. While the topics have changed over the past 2-3 years since 343 took over, it's still a bunch of hens chirping. Nothing has changed to the point that it's actually sustainable. Every effort 343 makes is half-hearted and half-assed as if it were a headless chicken running around lost. The things that are introduced just make you go 

russell-westbrook.jpg

Change is fine. But change for the sake of change is not.

Please help me understand. It's still clear that the franchise is being run into the ground with inept leadership implementing misguided visions that do not even function properly from the get go. Why do people still think it will be otherwise? 

Hell will freeze over before anybody checking back in November will find that "we back". This is just a perverse form of survivorship bias. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fix H2C and i'll be set. H2A is god awful IMO. I actually prefer the beta to it. Atleast people can't 4-5 shot everything in sight without even looking at their tv screen.

I actually don't mind H2A. It's basically the version of Halo I expected (and to some degree wanted) Halo 4 to be. It's basically Halo 4 minus Sprint, ordinance drops, and all that other 'fluff'. Sure it has flaws (bleed through, spawns, etc.), but it's much better than what I was expecting tbh. 

But yea, nothing trumps H2C. Once Hardcore is added and ranked, H2C and H3 will be my go-to games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting stopped if you're shot sprinting doesn't solve most of the issues of Halo 5. If you think so, then you haven't been paying attention.

Alao guys the image of the gigantic rocket launcher was a PhotoShop joke. The original image was posted earlier in the thread and does not block the HUD. However it is amusing how the new comparatively tiny rocket launcher takes up a similar amount of space as the old massive one. I guess if it didn't take up half of the screen, nobody would be #immersed.

I swear sometimes I feel like I might be the only person around here who enjoys Halo 5. I get that some changes are just pointless and unneeded and I'd fine tune a lot of stuff, but I'm far from finding the game as bad as Reach or Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah i dont think the worse part of sprint is the 1 shots that get away- it is how sprint negatively effects map design. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or because it's not THAT hard to see after all these years what works in Halo and what not. If you had done at least a little research you would also know why sprint breaks the game even if one would get knocked out of it while under fire.

Hell, it wouldn't even work if you could only sprint with full shields.

Go on tell me how that is the case; if you can't escape using it then positioning is important and you have to be aware of the enemy to use it or you're dead in the water. I'd like it gone but I just can't see them taking it out, it makes the game more cinematic and viewer friendly.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah i dont think the worse part of sprint is the 1 shots that get away- it is how sprint negatively effects map design. 

That's weird, because I thought they developed the maps around Sprint (I mean they should have done this, if they didn't)? 

Then again, I wouldn't give them that much credit. After all, their idea for "remixed" maps, was to literally just flip already-existing maps upside down...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They did, but everyone is too old and stubborn to just move on. We have the old halo's, why do you want to have halo5 the same...

• Downvote (-1) 18

like really

2b340cf49595462e0f2b6b3fa13c13d9.png

look at the fucking size of this thing. Not only is it hideous but they just had to make it take up so much of your screen. Fuckin 343 man...

• Upvote (+1) 1

They did, but everyone is too old and stubborn to just move on. We have the old halo's, why do you want to have halo5 the same...

We don't. We just want it to be good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I swear sometimes I feel like I might be the only person around here who enjoys Halo 5. I get that some changes are just pointless and unneeded and I'd fine tune a lot of stuff, but I'm far from finding the game as bad as Reach or Halo 4.

It's just that better than Reach and Halo 4 isn't enough at this point. I've learned from my mistake with Halo 4 and won't be bothering with this game if it's not a truly awesome halo game.

Go on tell me how that is the case; if you can't escape using it then positioning is important and you have to be aware of the enemy to use it or you're dead in the water. I'd like it gone but I just can't see them taking it out, it makes the game more cinematic and viewer friendly.

Disagree heavily with that statement. It makes the game slower and far more boring to watch.